Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 07, 2015 8:38 PM

Waffled
Gems: 10

Glasses D:

So I had an eye test today to just check up on my left eye and how it cooperates with my right eye. I'm one of those people who's short sighted in my left eye but long-sighted in my right eye. Apparently, my left eye has now gotten slightly shorter, but the guy said that my eyes may stop working together and just depend on my right eye, leaving my left eye to either become ignored or become lazy. neutral

Well, now the solution is to wear glasses with a prescription in the left glass or to use a contact lens. Either way, I still need glasses as a backup for contact lenses. I'm not really looking forward towards it all because they'l ruin my handsome looks yikes, even if it is only just for school...and watching TV....and computers...and everything else.

Some of my friends do wear glasses now, however, so I could get used to it tongue But for now I'm kinda unhappy neutral

#2 Sep 07, 2015 9:08 PM

Steinar
Banned
Gems: 0

Re: Glasses D:

I just dont like glasses because then i have to depend on it. Its more of a practical issue with me if i ever needed one in the future, since i can see clearly now and work just fine. I dont think you should care what others think if you need glasses. Good friends like you for who you are as a person afterall, thats whats important smile

Ban reason: Trolling

#3 Sep 07, 2015 11:34 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Gems: 0
Birthday: 1 November

I have glasses and contact lenses and sometimes I prefer my glasses over my contact lenses.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#4 Sep 07, 2015 11:36 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

I use to hate wearing glasses. But I was reminded if you wear glasses wear them. My life's been better since I've had back on. them might be getting new ones soon too! The point is if you have them you get used to them. They improve your vision. And you'll still look handsome no matter what maybe even more so.

Don't care what people think. If you wear glasses hold your head high and be proud.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#5 Sep 08, 2015 12:37 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

i remember when i first got glasses. i thought my life was going to end. it doesn't matter nearly as much as you probably think it does. within a few days you'll probably forget you're even wearing them. most other people probably will, too. it seems like a big adjustment, but it actually isn't.

#6 Sep 08, 2015 3:18 PM

Waffled

You all give such inspirational speeches! Now I feel better about the whole ideal. big_smile Perhaps I could get +99 SWAG points by wearing them anyway tongue

#7 Sep 08, 2015 6:46 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Your swag just increased when you put them in.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#8 Sep 08, 2015 7:42 PM

thetruefan
Gems: -15
Website

#9 Sep 08, 2015 7:56 PM

Waffled

Oui.

#10 Sep 09, 2015 1:19 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Like everyone's been saying, it's no big deal. Just pick out some fashionable-looking glasses that work for your face and you might even end up looking better! I wear contacts too, but my eyes eventually got so bad that contacts are no longer very comfortable and I can only wear them a few hours a day. Eventually you'll get used to it. I've been wearing glasses/contacts for 12 years now, but I hope to eventually get Lasik surgery when I can afford it.

#11 Sep 09, 2015 4:05 AM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#12 Sep 09, 2015 5:07 PM

Waffled

Board footer