Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun 22, 2015 7:13 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Nintendo NX

I'm sure a lot of us know by now. The Nintendo Wii U has not done well. I love the Wii U and Wii U GamePad their my second favourite console and controller after the Wiimote and Wii. Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Mario Kart 8 , and Super Mario 3D World are my favourite Wii U titles. But it just hasn't done the best.

The Nintendo NX has been discussed since March and has been hinted at as the next successor to Wii U. With a possible release of late 2016 or late 2017. It would give the Wii U a four-five year life cycle. Your thoughts? Will you be getting the NX. I don't plan on it but I might change my tube and get it later.

Also for those planning on getting a Wii U. Still get it. Great console and controller. With great content. The NX won't be talked about till next year and the release is still ways off.

But what does everything think about the NX coming eventually?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#2 Jun 23, 2015 12:20 AM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Re: Nintendo NX

Personally I'm kind of mad about it. I dropped cash on a Wii U (not full price since I had a gift card) and I shouldn't have to worry about my 4 year console being obsolete because Nintendo sucks at marketing it. Like...who actually thought Wii U was a good name? I've talked to multiple people about it and they didn't even know there was another console after the Wii.

I would personally like them to put in a better effort to release games the fans want on the Wii U and improve their public image. Won't be buying the NX any time soon. I don't have faith in Nintendo to provide third party titles anymore either. When I can spend my money freely on gaming again I'm definitely going to get a PC

#3 Jun 23, 2015 4:09 PM

Mr. John

I know the NX is just a Codename so. Maybe a new topic down the road might be made after it's release.

Paranoia you're right they could have showcased more what the GamePad and Wii U could have done. Nintendo are my favourite gaming company always will be. But they dug themselves into a ditch on that account.

They can hopefully can third party support, and showcase what the NX can do but a lot of people won't be getting it on launch till they showcase what they can do.

I do hope the Wii U at least can make to late 2017. Which is an average five year life cycle for a console. I hope they still got some big guns for the Wii U left. Beyond Star Fox Zero, Xenoblade Chroniclrs, Super Mario Maker Ect. But I guess we'll see.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#4 Jun 23, 2015 7:03 PM

Flapjacks
Gems: 0
Birthday: 5 October

They're discussing a new console and they haven't even shown anything of the new Zelda, which was revealed around the time the Wii U came out? Seems a bit soon to me, too. And yeah, I agree with Paranoia, they should definitely think a lot harder on the name.

#5 Jun 24, 2015 12:36 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

It's better than the "new 3DS" at least. I agree 100% with Paranoia on this

Chessmaster
Level 67

#6 Jun 26, 2015 8:00 PM

Mr. John

They really need to drop the Wii name altogether for the NX, Fusion, Revoloution, Next. Anyone of those or something else. But they need something new. They struck gold with the Wii. But not for Wii U. Now they need something new. Ranger is absolutely correct, a new name needs to be given. Once NX is unveiled next year.

Cayla Mills

Board footer