Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 13, 2014 1:18 AM

VashtiWoodlawn
Gems: 0

Spyro The Dragon Beta Disk Hack

I'm both a sucker for Spyro and old school houses!!!

#2 Sep 13, 2014 2:06 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: Spyro The Dragon Beta Disk Hack

it's a creepypasta, a story written about a game, not an actual thing that happened. there are things like this with Pokemon and Sonic games, too.

the pictures of gore hidden in the game files remind me of one someone wrote about a Spongebob episode that involved similar photos.

even knowing this is fake though, reading it still creeped me out a fair bit. might want to put the link in a "spoiler" tag.

yeah, not a real thing though.

#3 Sep 13, 2014 2:42 AM

VashtiWoodlawn

I quickly figured that out after reading more of the stories. Yes they are very creepy and I did think about the spoiler tag. I figured, since there were no images, it didn't need it, but yeah, it could use it. Yeah. When I first seen it, I really thought it was real and it creeped me out. I was interested in finding more info about it, but all I found was that site and another one similar. That should have had me questioning whether it was real and also the scene where the character appeared to know the guys name. There's just no way that should even be possible.

#4 Sep 13, 2014 4:34 AM

Flapjacks
Birthday: 5 October

It's funny to me that people still fall for these. Not trying to make fun of you, it's just that most creepypastas are so badly written and clichè it's hard to find a convincing one anymore. The one ISLS was talking about waa Squidward's Suicide, and it's probably one of the more famous ones out there. It's pretty good, on it's own, but as a creepypasta, it's nothing I haven't heard. I enjoy reading them sometimes, even if I know exactly what to expect. There's also sonic.exe and Snow on Mt. Silver, the first I haven't read, but the latter is a pretty good read if you like Pokèmon. Or not.

#5 Sep 13, 2014 4:44 AM

VashtiWoodlawn

It was my first time reading one. Now that I understand they're stories, it's okay. I just saw that at first and was like WHAT. So I had to ask about it. Then read another and was thinking "This is a story" It gives Spyro a bad rep. Just think if a game actually had stuff like that in it. If people think TLOS and Skylanders are bad, this would take the cake.

#6 Sep 13, 2014 6:00 AM

Flapjacks

Yeah, first time I read one, I was the same way. I wondered if it was real or not. I still read creepypastas occasionally, none of them really have any effect on me, I just find them entertaining sometimes. You can throw just about any horror movie/game at me, too, and I won't really be affected by it. The latest horror that did affect me was five nights at freddy's, but that was until I understood everything about it. Now it doesn't even phase me. Amnesia used to affect me, then it became pretty boring. I think horror as a whole has stopped affecting me. Not sure if that's good or bad, really.

#7 Sep 13, 2014 11:32 AM

VashtiWoodlawn

I still can't stand horror movies. Their not mt thing. I like animated and classic Spyro would make a great movie. I remember as a child, I always wanted one to come out and it never did. I remember way back when I tried to do somewhat of a movie using the game and the VCR (Man that's retro now. No one uses them anymore) but, no, it was nothing like a real movie at all. Only the cut scenes are movie like. And the first site, I seen this story on was Troll Pasta actually. This too probably is another one of those story sites.

#8 Sep 13, 2014 3:56 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

Most Creepypastas I've read are pretty well written and believable...  until the end. I swear they all have terrible endings that shatter the entire belief factor.

Chessmaster
Level 67

#9 Sep 13, 2014 5:55 PM

VashtiWoodlawn

Yes they do, and that's what gave it away on one. One was about a dude at a gameshop looking for a Spyro disk. He brought it home to play and it had terrible stuff in it. He went back to the shop to ask the owner about the game and found the shop closed. So he asked someone on the street why it was shut down and he said "Some kid came in yesterday, bought a Spyro disk, had a stroke and died." Really? I didn't get that ending. There was no blending it in to the rest of the story. It was badly written. I think the story name was "The Spyro Game That Should Never Be"

#10 Sep 13, 2014 7:40 PM

CaptainBee

creepypastas are so stupid to me. theyve never scared me at all, except for ben drowned

#11 Sep 13, 2014 8:44 PM

VashtiWoodlawn

#12 Sep 15, 2014 2:34 PM

Ulfbjörn

Looks more like what you would get with incorrect texture references to me, although the cracks on the building do look quite badly added to a pre-existing image.

#13 Sep 15, 2014 4:10 PM

VashtiWoodlawn

Yeah it does look kinda bad. Just noticed that. It could have been done better. Although if I tried making something like this, it would look just as bad because I only know how to do basic stuff in GIMP. It sort of makes me remember what I thought Spyro: Year of the Dragon would look like when it mentioned the "Forgotten Worlds" I thought it would have this dark, decaying, creepy feel to it and Spyro would have to collect the eggs and bring the life back to it. But no. It's actually very happy feeling.

#14 Sep 15, 2014 10:25 PM

Flapjacks

#15 Sep 16, 2014 1:35 AM

VashtiWoodlawn

It's alright. I didn't think it was that scary, but kinda creepy though.

#16 Sep 16, 2014 4:51 AM

Flapjacks

Yeah I just read creepypastas for the hell of it now. Some of them are kind of entertaining.

#17 Sep 16, 2014 1:51 PM

VashtiWoodlawn

Yep. Maybe I should write one. Of course it wouldn't have gore in it because I don't do that kind of stuff. I think it's disgusting.

#18 Sep 16, 2014 10:29 PM

Flapjacks

Yes, it is disgusting. That's exactly why you put it in. It adds to the creepy factor of the story. Many successful horror stories have gore in them for this exact reason.

#19 Sep 16, 2014 10:41 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

Like the creepypasta that I believed the most until its dreadful ending. Russian Sleep Experiment. It's gory, terrifying, and completely believable. Then you get to the end and it gets so fake, cheesy, and shark-jumpy.

Chessmaster
Level 67

#20 Sep 17, 2014 1:58 AM

VashtiWoodlawn

They are very believable till the end and sometimes in the middle if it starts getting wacky.

Board footer