You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 13, 2012 5:01 AM

TheRareOrangeDragon
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 March
Website

Facebook connect?

Just a thought...but what if you could sigh-in with facebook?

(Edit 2014: I was very immature back in 2012 and I would like to sincerely apologize for this post.)

Last edited by TheRareOrangeDragon (Dec 18, 2014 7:40 PM)

#2 Apr 13, 2012 9:33 AM

Hwd45
Birthday: 11 December

Re: Facebook connect?

Why would we need to?

#3 Apr 13, 2012 5:00 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Lots of websites do it, so there must be some benefit to it. I guess for people who don't want to make accounts or want to easily share everything they post. Personally I prefer to keep facebook out of everything else I do online and find it annoying when websites try to make me sign in with facebook, but apparently a lot of people like it.

#4 Apr 13, 2012 7:53 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

i don't like how private Facebook profiles are intended to be, and how open they actually are.

#5 Apr 13, 2012 9:15 PM

Hwd45
Birthday: 11 December

Facebook is more of a personal-friends-only site. If the site were to be linked with any other site, Twitter would be a better option IMO, but I still don't see a reason for the two to be linked.

#6 Apr 20, 2012 6:01 AM

Omanthar
Website

It's worth noting that even if you don't 'Facebook Connect' it will still save a cookie to your computer that gets sent to Facebook's servers whenever you register or log in. This means that generally Facebook is capable of constructing a profile of what sites you visit, so long as said sites have Facebook integration (like button, Facebook Connect, etc.).

Now, there isn't really any evidence that Facebook is actually doing anything with that information, and at most they would just be using it to tailor advertising to you. It's just a matter of whether or not you trust Facebook with that information or not, or whether it's even an issue to you if they have it.

Of course, you can always just disable cookies, but some (not I ) find that tedious.

TLDR: I respond to a week old topic with information no one cares about.

Board footer