You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 08, 2012 3:18 AM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

More reasonable price

So I've been thinking of getting this game, but I'm waiting for the price to go down a bit. I would be more willing to buy the game if it were closer to maybe $29.99 for the version that comes with figures. Those of you who are also concerned with the price, what do you think would be more reasonable? (Please no "this game sucks and isn't worth a penny" I want a serious discussion here since this is really the only thing stopping me from buying it, and I'm sure others feel the same)

Chessmaster
Level 67

#2 Apr 08, 2012 3:26 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: More reasonable price

Here's how I've been thinking of it. $60 is the price of the average new game these days. This game is going for $70 with the portal and three figures which go for about $8.99 each. So really, you're getting a deal if you look at it like that.

That said, I still think it's way too much to spend on a game, which is why I haven't considered buying it yet, either. I'm surprised it isn't scaring more people away from buying it.

Maybe they could offer a $50-$60 option with the game, the portal, and one figure. Although I don't know how far you can get in the game with just one.

#3 Apr 08, 2012 3:28 AM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

Yeah, that's the thing! I don't know how much of it I'd need unless I play it.

Chessmaster
Level 67

#4 Apr 08, 2012 4:50 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

regardless of the average prices, the price for this is still too high.
and the average price is too high, too. are the figures really priced at $8.99?

no video game is worth this much, if they released a game just like the original Spyros even that wouldn't be worth this. video game prices are crazy nowadays.

i'd pay $20-$30 for it, or with the magic portal of glee and sunshine and the figures, $40, or $45 at most.

even though, of course, this game really is worth a penny, and so are its components, because material things are worthless. copper is a material thing, and is therefore equally worthless. yep.

#5 Apr 12, 2012 4:44 PM

Clock-la
Gems: 0
Birthday: 19 March

I’m going to shoot out with me trolling.

Done.

Anyway on a serious note, there are a few things holding me back. The cost is one of them. But even if that was to go down, it would not persuade me either way, due to the time, and the fact I just dislike the whole toy thing in general. But like I say the cost is just one of many factors keeping me away. I guess for me the changes i'd like to see would just be a pure simple spyro game. Non of this toy stuff that cost to much or "new friends" heck get cynder off aswell for all its worth.

What i'd want is a simple old school spyro with hunter bianca and the others. but we all know that will never happen hmm

#6 Apr 16, 2012 11:59 PM

Aicebo

Toys R Us had a deal for a while with all the versions going for $35 each, but I don't know if that's still going on.
GameStop is selling used/opened toys for $5 each average, so I'm sure they might sell used versions of the game as well. You could also try eBay/Amazon for a used one at a cheaper price.

#7 Apr 17, 2012 2:01 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Oh, they are selling the toys used? That's good to know! I kind of thought they wouldn't for some reason.

I've got a looooong backlog of games to play this summer, but if I find it for $35 at Toys R Us or a used copy for cheap I might have to get it.

#8 Apr 18, 2012 7:52 PM

Aicebo

Board footer