Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 21, 2012 7:51 PM

ZREOfan
Gems: 0

Security Problem?

Find ZREOfan on Facebook, Youtube, Myspace, Twitter.

#2 Feb 22, 2012 12:09 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Security Problem?

I wouldn't worry too much about the toolbar page. We do not host forumtoolbar.com. I'd suggest not downloading the toolbar just in case that report might have some validity, but we at Spyroforum have no control over what forumtoolbar.com does with their website.

As for the wallpaper page, I'm not familiar with how your Malwarebytes toolbar works, but I think it's likely a false positive. We've had a report like this before where it turned out that someone's avatar was from a site that the user's software had flagged as untrusted.

I am 99.99% sure you're safe, but I'll send this thread to the admin just so we can be sure. Thanks.

#3 Feb 22, 2012 12:26 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Re: Security Problem?

Took a close look at the problems you listed above.

The toolbar is hosted by a 3rd party and is absolutely safe, as I have went through it. WOT reports that other people might not trust the toolbar site, I see no reason not to trust it as I have thoroughly looked it over.

The wallpaper section is a little more tricky, as the IP that malwarebytes is blocking (208.73.210.29) has nothing to do with spyroforum and is not referenced on the wallpaper page itself, as such I can conclude that the wallpaper section is 100% safe and fine.

Board footer