You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 24, 2011 5:35 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

duplicate accounts?

sometimes i'll see the birthday thing at the bottom of the homepage, and see two accounts that are clearly the same person. i just assume the person lost the password or something and made another. but doesn't this seem a little crazy? we have:

-
--
---
----
-----
------
-------
--------
---------
----------
-----------
------------
--------------
---==
--=
--==
-=
-=-
-=-=
=
=-
=-==--
=..
==
==-
===
===-
====

these can't all possibly be real people, much less DIFFERENT people. one, i happened to check the e-mail and it actually had a valid e-mail, but the domain name led to an obvious scam. isn't it possible to somehow delete these?

#2 Dec 24, 2011 8:03 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: duplicate accounts?

#3 Dec 29, 2011 5:52 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#4 Dec 29, 2011 8:43 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Actually, most of those are just blank mailto: links, not email addresses. The email icon is still there because there used to be a visible email address and I never checked the "hide email" button. A few of them do appear to have escaped my filtering, though, which is odd. Thanks for pointing that out; now I'll have something else to do when I'm bored. Yay. tongue

I have NoScript, too, but I wouldn't just throw caution to the winds and go to suspicious-looking sites expecting nothing to go wrong. Plus there's always the possiblity of images of the "cannot unsee" variety. Just sayin'.

Board footer