You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 08, 2011 11:54 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Original trilogy characters in Skylanders?

First let me say, after watching a bit of some let's play videos and trying a demo of the 3DS version, I'm actually kind of interested in this game now (inb4 "told you so").  Apparently the trailers and short videos I watched prerelease didn't do it justice. Still not enough to pay that much for it or go out of my way to buy any toys, though. But that's not the subject of this thread.

Do you guys think they'll make any of the characters from the original Spyro games into Skylanders, like Sheila, Bentley, Agent 9, Sgt. Byrd, Hunter, etc?  Should they? I think this could be a good opportunity to reintroduce them, especially the playable characters from Spyro 3.

From what I've seen of him, Trigger Happy could easily be replaced with Agent 9 and everything would be pretty much the same.

#2 Dec 09, 2011 5:28 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Re: Original trilogy characters in Skylanders?

That all depends on Activision.  If they choose to keep us happy and treating our nostalgia, they might do it.  They seemed pretty excited in making Cynder a secret and fun reveal.  So, they are obviously having some fun in marketing with us.

As for this particular game, I doubt any other characters will be added.  DLC, while it makes sense, if not really a part of this game.  What toys are available is what are available.  And that's it.  In order for them to recreate old characters, a second game or expansion game would have to release.

The one thing that stinks about it is that the old characters we love are not as monsterific as most of the Skylanders.  I would love Shiela in, but, she's 'just a kangaroo.'  She has no weapons, no accessories, just unique moves.  If they were to create a Skylanders Shiela, for instance, prepare for a totally different character.

And the "OMG, it's ugly" things starts all over again.

#3 Dec 09, 2011 6:05 AM

bane dragon
Gems: 0

Ok, first the on-topic part: I very much doubt that any of the "old" old characters (pre-LoS, including dumb jock version of hunter) will make an appearance, and if they do, it'll be more of a "hey you remember when everyone liked us? big_smile"  kind of appearance than one of any significance. They'd need to get a storyline straight and such specifically for that kind of thing.

Now the off-topic: I finally figured out why noone likes the new Spyro, and it's not even a big change. 4 minor facial changes make him more evil-looking than mischievous. First, the snout is too small and the crease between the bottom of the eyebrows and the upper snout is too deep. Second, his eyes are red instead of black. Third, his expression is more of a malicious grin than a smug one. Finally, they made his horns too big and the last spine on his head that's level with the top of his eyebrows is missing.

#4 Dec 09, 2011 5:15 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

I'd rather the old cast returned in a septet game, thAat way they'll get bthe screen time they deserve rather than been crammed in NPC

#5 Dec 11, 2011 8:31 PM

yearofthe
Website

Agent9 would've been a kicka-- Skylander.. just sayin'.

Board footer