Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Aug 01, 2011 11:30 AM

Gennaroc
Gems: 0

Rabbids Parallel

I'm actually kind of optimistic about skylanders in ensuring Spyro's continued survival, in that it reminds me alot of the rabbids series.

An older series being rebooted (sortof) as a more child orientated game, with a heavy focus on very new elements relegating the title character to a minor role. Activision seems to simply be using spyro as a scapegoat to launch a new idea, and hopefully at the same time gauge spyro's popularity. Perhaps the more this series progresses, spyro may well be spilt from it entirely (much like rayman) and down the track we wind up with a beautiful new game that harks back to the oldest incarnation of the series and ties up story threads (the upcoming Rayman Origins)

Sorry if this has been discussed to death but I was wondering on everyones thoughts and opinions.. Could this be a very positive step for spyro, and potentially an even bigger step toward returning to the original series?

#2 Aug 01, 2011 4:15 PM

Latias fan

Re: Rabbids Parallel

I doubt this game has ANYTHING to do with the original Spyro.

#3 Aug 01, 2011 4:59 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Though the game is based on the original Spyro games.

#4 Aug 01, 2011 6:58 PM

JakBandiFan

I voted for the series to be split into two seperate series like Sonic and Rayman.

However, if Skylanders proves to be popular, it will continue - with or without Spyro.
Those Rabbids are doing fine without Rayman. tongue

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#5 Aug 01, 2011 8:14 PM

Latias fan

#6 Aug 01, 2011 9:18 PM

Spash the Bandragon
Gems: 2

#7 Aug 02, 2011 1:40 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

And in a recent E3 interview, Michael Graham stated t at they've looked at the original three Spyro games and used the use of the Portals for the Portal of Power as a more physical form of them.

#8 Aug 02, 2011 3:53 AM

Jackson117

I see no Rabbids...DDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

Board footer