Gems: 0
Website

Raging Fanboys?

#2 Jun 04, 2011 8:50 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Re: Raging Fanboys?

lol they are annoying, saying the same exact thing over and over, hearing themselves talk all because skylanders isn't the type of Spyro game they want or Spyro not being in the design they want him to be in.

#3 Jun 04, 2011 9:34 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

OK, one, it's Youtube comments. Never look for an intelligent conversation in Youtube comments.

Two, what's wrong with complaining? If "Skylanders isn't the type of Spyro game they want" or they don't like Spyro's design, don't they have the right to complain?

#4 Jun 04, 2011 9:41 PM

Spash the Bandragon
Gems: 2

#5 Jun 04, 2011 9:41 PM

Aura24
Website

I mean, they think that complaining to Activision and sending death threats to them will actually make the company do what they want for 'what's best' for Spyro.

#6 Jun 04, 2011 9:41 PM

yearofthe
Website

#7 Jun 04, 2011 9:57 PM

Aura24
Website

And I noticed that the fans really got you mad on the first Skylander video you posted, saying that you'll really play the "horrific" game and such.

#8 Jun 04, 2011 10:03 PM

yearofthe
Website

#9 Jun 04, 2011 10:05 PM

Aura24
Website

lol I'm going to do a playthrough of Skylanders, and keep the game, and ignore the raging fans who will try and post on the videos.

#10 Jun 04, 2011 10:40 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Well obviously death threats are going too far, but when was the last time someone who gave a death threat on the internet actually meant it to be the least bit serious? Like I said, it's Youtube comments. You can't expect them to be perfectly nice and polite about everything, nor is it really a big deal when they do.

People are going to complain. Not everyone is going to like this. That's just life. If you think they're being annoying, don't add to the complaining by complaining about the "haters." Don't let others' opinions detract from your enjoyment of the game. That's just making it worse.

#11 Jun 05, 2011 3:33 AM

Jackson117

That's because Activision are a bunch of Moneybags in a sense, the current CEO is Moneybags incarnated

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#12 Jun 05, 2011 4:02 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

I find them slightly annoying, except when they have something intelligent to say.  Im not looking for people that appose anyway.

#13 Jun 05, 2011 4:29 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#14 Jun 05, 2011 6:09 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Well some of them will argue about anything under the sun, so a "Oh, so I'm rude just because I don't like this game?" will come and continue the insanity.

It's those people I can't stand.  They technically can get away from being called trolls, but they are the closest thing to it.

#15 Jun 05, 2011 9:45 AM

JakBandiFan

Of course there are references to past Spyro games in Skylanders! I even see a couple of references from Attack of the Rhynocs - maybe Toys for Bob really played all 13 Spyro games?

Those fanboy comments in the links are the worst I have ever seen. Trust me, even compared to Crash Bandicoot and The Elder Scrolls which both had drastic changes over the years too, I'm just shocked, to be honest.

They are not giving this game a chance. Yes, sometimes you try a game and you just do not like it. Classic example, Ratchet with Dotd. But the game has not even come out yet.

Honestly, I would have preferred virtual toys rather than physical ones and maybe Spyro's design to be a little tweaked but I'm trusting Activision to make sure that this is a great game - despite them messing up on Tony Hawk Ride and nearly making Infinity Ward bankrupt. Yes, I'm a patient duck.

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#16 Jun 05, 2011 10:44 AM

pancakes

Comparing the gradual changes and improvements made in Elder Scrolls games over the last decade to the changes made in recent Spyro games isn't exactly fair. The changes made in Elder Scrolls games were done to improve the games, whereas the changes in Spyro games over the last few years, both gameplay, story and design were done not to improve the series, but to change it. Change isn't necessarily a bad thing, but it's what a lot of people don't like about the Legend of Spyro trilogy and the upcoming Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure.

I think this game is a return to form for the series. It has more elements of the original games than the 3 LoS games have had. A lot of people dislike the game (I'm not talking about the people on this site, I'm talking about people who don't know a lot about the game) because the game has been advertised as a game that allows you to "bring your toys to life" rather than a video game about Spyro. If they actually spent some time researching the game, they would know that the toy element wont take away from the gameplay experience.

Spyro looks different from what they're used to. The game involves toys. These changes sure don't sound good on paper and I don't blame the haters for being angry. I just wish they'd stop insulting the fans.

#17 Jun 05, 2011 1:11 PM

JakBandiFan

The Elder Scrolls have changed mostly for the better. Note how I said "mostly". The developers have completely removed some features in the newer game Oblivion like no longer having "Cast On Use" enchantments on magical items and some spell effects have been removed. I do not miss spell effects such as Blind or Sound but I believe that certain effects like Poison and Levitate are very useful to my game experience. But anyway, I have fan-made mods for those spell effects which I miss regardless.

Yes, Skylanders is a come back for the series. I can see that and the references from past Spyro games - even the GBA ones and I didn't expect that. It's just the way how it is advertised with the toy thing. It reminds me of the Eye of Judgment experience all over again.

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#18 Jun 05, 2011 3:17 PM

Aura24
Website

It's like the haters who insult fans who like the game are trying to make us feel the same way they feel about Skylanders, when sadly they also don't respect other people's opinions.

#19 Jun 05, 2011 3:25 PM

JakBandiFan

One user on Youtube who I used to respect very much is against this game and now calls Activision a bad name. He also hopes that the same thing wouldn't happen with Crash. Me personally, I wish the same thing would happen to Crash.

#20 Jun 05, 2011 6:11 PM

Spash the Bandragon
Gems: 2

#21 Jun 05, 2011 7:33 PM

Aura24
Website

#22 Jun 05, 2011 7:47 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

#23 Jun 05, 2011 8:36 PM

JakBandiFan

#24 Jun 05, 2011 8:41 PM

Aura24
Website

#25 Jun 05, 2011 10:43 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Board footer