Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Feb 13, 2011 3:49 AM

jamieque
Gems: 0

Reboot #2 - Game Over!!! - Part 2

FINE! I SEE THAT PEOPLE ARE GOING TO BE RUDE! OKAY! Just re-open my topic/forum and I'll stay out of this forum. If you want my true feelings on the topic of the new game I will just say I won't be supporting it. They totally lost me as a fan when my contacts inside Activision told me what they were doing.

I stayed silent all these months because I was busy and because I didn't feel like getting my face slammed into the ground by fans who will accept anything Activision gives them. I will always like the Spyro character but I can no longer support what they are doing to him. They don't understand or even know the potential hit they have on their hands. They never have and considering how long it has been since Spyro debuted on the PS1 there is no excuse.

If you guys want to keep believing that they care about us, the fans, then that is fine but I am done believing them. I have no faith in them anymore. Sorry, but that is just the way the cookie crumbles. But I am still a fan of Spyro's. If I wasn't would even bother working a film based around him. I think not.

P.S. Moderators please show me some respect and don't lock this topic. Or if you do then unlock my film forum. Thank you.

#2 Feb 13, 2011 3:58 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Reboot #2 - Game Over!!! - Part 2

I don't understand how anyone was being rude. Doubt is reasonable when there is no evidence.

And since this topic is actually about the game, it would be stupid to lock this one.

#3 Feb 13, 2011 4:08 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

first, we all know they don't care about us in the slightest. Activision is hated in the gaming community for a reason.

second, people are getting rude because you keep bringing up your movies and not bringing forth anything that you promise. we don't ask for evidence, we ask what you promised. the movie was supposed to be released in 2007 or 2008 or something, and now we're possibly getting one poster in mid-2011. i'm sorry, but until something actually happens, i don't think i should be inclined to believe this *fan-made* movie is being made, lest we end up in the same place we did when an *official* one was canceled.

#4 Feb 13, 2011 4:08 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Wow, raging a little too much, jamieque? You always bring your movie mentionings, and yet we never saw any media nor screenshots of it whatsoever.

I, for one, will try out this game until its release then decide if I like the game or not. Sadly, there are fans out there who hate Spyro's design and thinks the game will suck because of it, and that doesn't make any sense. Hating on a game that is still in production over a character design? It's like judging the book by its cover...

#5 Feb 13, 2011 4:10 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Again, as Stormy said we're not trying to be rude here. Your forum was locked simply for having zero activity and or interest. I will certainly bring it up to Spyrorocks since it is his forum and if he chooses to unlock your section then that's great.

Nobody is making any attempt out of showing you disrespect, we're simply keeping the standards of this forum intact and wish that topics be kept to designated areas.

#6 Feb 13, 2011 4:15 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

#7 Feb 13, 2011 4:17 AM

RedDragonX
Website

#8 Feb 13, 2011 4:19 AM

Aura24
Website

I do admit, buying a Starter Pack of Skylanders for $70 is a bit too much. It's no big surprise, since this IS Activision's game, they raise prices on their games everytime...

#9 Feb 13, 2011 12:20 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

LOL jamieque. Your movie is fake.

1. You have no rights whatsoever to make a Spyro movie.
2. You claimed that you did. When we asked for proof, you said that Activision had told you about plans for Dawn of the Dragon. When asked, you said that Dawn of the Dragon was going to focus around Dark Spyro. It didn't, which proves that you have no rights.
3. That means you can't release it in a cinema. So it's a fan-movie. If it exists.
4. You don't have any professional actors voicing characters in your movie, which further proves that it's a fan-movie.
5. You announced this movie in 2006, and said it would be ready for Fall 2007. It's been four years.
6. You think that the pictures on your deviantART counts as 'proof?' Pfft. Those pictures that you call 'concept art' are complete and utter rubbish. I can draw better and I'm fifteen.
7. You also stated that you drew those pictures yourself. If it was a movie, you would have professional artists drawing them.
8. The CGI scenes (like the desert and mountains) look poor, too. Someone good at a computer program like Blender could probably do that.
9. Your company doesn't exist! It doesn't even have a Wikipedia page, let alone a site.
10. You began to make a site for your company once, and guess what it was? No, it wasn't a proper site, where you pay IT geeks to make it. It was a Freewebs site.
11. Why would the president of a film company post on a fan forum?
12. This film is based off your fanfic, right? I've read the fanfic and plot-wise, it was very good. But the writing itself was very poor, even to the extent of being sloppy. You didn't paragraph correctly, your grammar was poor, and some of the spelling was bad, too. You couldn't even spell 'through!' I could write better, and I'm half your age.

You. Just. Got. Creamed. So stop going on about this movie that doens't even exist. We believed you four years ago, but we're not so gullible now.

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#10 Feb 13, 2011 1:57 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

I wanna see a trailer. Anyone who took animation classes coulda pumped out a minute trailer. Where is yours, Jamie? Oh lawdy, do I sense you crying as well?

I still say he should GTFO and come back less whiny, a trailer, and stop acting like he is DA BOMB

#11 Feb 13, 2011 5:10 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

#12 Feb 13, 2011 6:42 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

#13 Feb 13, 2011 7:06 PM

JakBandiFan

I third that notion! smile

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#14 Feb 13, 2011 7:27 PM

riverhippo

#15 Feb 18, 2011 11:29 AM

jamieque

#16 Feb 18, 2011 11:52 AM

jamieque

Now, if you are all curious what my opinion is of this new game I will tell you. I think it sounds okay. I wish Activision all the luck in the world with this so-called cash cow ploy plan. The mere cost of the game itself in this current bad economy with a greatly weaken character like Spyro is a poor marketing decision on their part. I don't believe Skylanders will be very successful. In fact, none of us here at AMS Inc. think it will be successful.

#17 Feb 18, 2011 7:56 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

#18 Feb 18, 2011 8:52 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

I'm a Spyro fan through and through. Sounds a bit pricy but if that's the case then I'l simply watch a walkthrough for it or something.

jamieque it would be nice to have something new about your movie.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#19 Feb 18, 2011 8:57 PM

G-Man_93
Birthday: 16 December
Website

I'm an oldschool Metal-head! If you are too, then copy and paste this signature as your own!:D

#20 Feb 18, 2011 8:59 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I do not understand why an owner of a "company" would have his "employees" post on a forum for him. Especially to start a discussion topic on a fan forum that has nothing to do with the company's product. Or why an owner of a company would want to be anonymous on a fan forum. Or why an owner of a company would have such an unprofessional attitude about people who doubt him. Or why, if there's an entire company working on this movie, there's still nothing to show for it, and the owner is still using "I'm too busy" as an excuse.

Yeah.... Gonna have to call BS on this.

#21 Feb 18, 2011 10:16 PM

Aura24
Website

A Spyro fan owning a made-up company that probably doesn't even exists...

#22 Feb 18, 2011 10:24 PM

riverhippo

big_smile

It's fun to pretend!

#23 Feb 18, 2011 10:55 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Website

i don't even feel inclined to believe a different person is posting on that account now. when i saw this post before the one saying it was someone else, i still thought it was the same person.

no writing differences at all. and you can't even correct anything Scarlett said. or anything i said. or anything anyone said.

there is no movie. there is no company. why do you keep going with this charade. it's been obvious since 2009 that you were lying, and you just don't stop.

if you're part of a real company making this movie, prove me wrong.
release the movie.

#24 Feb 18, 2011 11:36 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Or take a college class in computer animation.

Cuz I dunno about you, if I was given the chance, I would try and make something. And I know I would succeed.

#25 Feb 19, 2011 4:12 AM

jamieque

Board footer