Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 20, 2011 11:12 PM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

What are you hoping this game ISNT?

Ok, time for the negative threat, what are you hoping this game ISNT or DOESNT include:
- Combat
- Cliche Story
- Huge worlds
- Linear Worlds
- Elijah Wood
- Cynder
- An MMO
- Armour
- Boring Collecting
- More warped characters

Agree or Disagree?

#2 Jan 21, 2011 1:05 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Re: What are you hoping this game ISNT?

what i hope this game isn't:
- exclusive to the systems it's been announced for
- another new storyline
- ETD

everything else doesn't really matter. i liked both the originals and TLOS.

#3 Jan 21, 2011 1:26 AM

JazzJackrabbit

I don't want Spyro to be playable.  I think he needs to take a break while people forget the flaws of the last three games, which were decent (the games, not the flaws), but not amazing.  (If it's in the Legend series, it should be about Hunter.)  I also don't want anything less than 20 hours of gameplay to complete it. 

So, what I don't want
-Spyro-only gameplay
-<20 hours
-small worlds
-MMO
-Excessively dark story
-excessively light story
-excessively bright graphics
-inaccurate photo-realism
-lack of jokes
-lack of Easter eggs

Something I do want that others probably don't:
-One of the main characters has to die (not the central character, but the closest one to it)  For example, if the game is about Hunter, he should bring his younger sister with him (series needs female characters, but not enormo-breasted furvert magnets).  As the game progresses, the player gets more and more attached to her.  In the climax, she gets fatally wounded, and after the bad guys are dead, she says her last words to Hunter.  The player starts bawling, and finishes the game a wiser person who values life and hates meaningless violence.

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#4 Jan 21, 2011 1:38 AM

Latias fan

1.Too short

2.Too linear

3.boring charcters

4.bland environments

5.a cliche written story

#5 Jan 21, 2011 3:00 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Just one thing:

-Canceled

hey, what's wrong with huge worlds???

#6 Jan 21, 2011 5:19 AM

shade105
Birthday: 23 September
Website

As for the first post in the thread, I think I disagree with you in all the aspects. I definably want this game to be a continuation of TLoS, I definatly want Cynder and the voice actor Elijah Wood to be in it. I'm a sucker for cliche (and, considering that this game is still kept to attract a younger audience, it most likely will have one). The huge worlds are cool, and there is nothing cooler than gearing your dragon up with pretty sweet armor.

Lemme see what i don't want:
- A whole new series
- A silly and humorous plot (lets keep it up with the cliche and serious!)
- Spyro's old attitude (I admit it, I dislike it very much. I prefer TLoS' Spyro's way of being)

That's the only things i can think about now.

#7 Jan 21, 2011 10:03 AM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

For me...
#1: NO CRAPPY VOICE ACTORS... If Cynder is in there, NO cheerleader crappy snobby voice actor. Same goes for any other Female dragons or male dragons. They need to sound Heroic.
#2: Improve the fighting system if there is one. Such as Add more of a variety of attacks such attacks that you can atleast COMBO Fire with ice and create like a huge thing of damaging steam while smacking with your tail.
I will post more ideas for it is 3 AM and i just hit a mental block. XD

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#8 Jan 21, 2011 3:46 PM

JakBandiFan

I don't want the game to:

1). be too short.

2). have boss battles where you can defeat a boss in five seconds (Cynder in ANB - I'm thinking of you).

3). be an MMO. It would ruin Spyro.

4). dip anywhere below 60 frames per second.

5). be too cliche. Come on, it can be serious and non-cliche. Look at today's fantasy games and you'll see what I mean.

6). have its voice actors "sleeptalking". They should make the effort like the voice actors/actresses did in Spyro 1,2,3 and AHT (where the voice acting was praised).

7). have its developers primarily focus on the cutscenes and not the gameplay (Sonic '06 comes to mind here).

8). not learn from Sonic Colours in terms of how it made Sonic the Hedgehog recover in terms of gameplay and story.

9). not be on PS3.

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#9 Jan 21, 2011 6:12 PM

darkhorus

#10 Jan 21, 2011 7:06 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

I don't want
-Cynder DOTD Ruind her.
-Spoyro to have a romance ((A joking one is fine EG Ember))
-To be TO serrios, I wan't light hearted spyro back
-Elija wood he was wooden by DOTD and i'd rather they spend money on impoving spyro rather than fancy voices I mean serriosly Christina riccie was basicly proof they just wanted big names on there game.
-to mutch of a "HEY LETS BE GOD OF WAR" like, I just don't think spyro is like that, he sould be a platformer game hmm

#11 Jan 21, 2011 8:55 PM

dragon protector x
Website

#3 Choice of difficulty. I would like to choose how hard the game is by sense of taking damage if the same battle system. Because it was way to easy in DotD.
#4 Better and More armor choices if there is to be armor. Add more interesting effects and be able to chain other pieces of armor together.
#5 Add alot more puzzles that actually require thinking. being bale to get to level 12 on Bejewled 2 or having 617 lines cleared with the speed of 13 on Tetris aka not being able to blink for a whole hour and 20 minutes, those puzzles in DotD where Way to simple. Add something like the troublesome Legend of Zelda Temple stuff. but not to much other wise it gets repetitive.
#6 Add a better level up system and more interesting creatures instead of the Cookie cut ones with just different colors. I see enough creatures like that when playing Final Fantasy

#12 Jan 21, 2011 10:17 PM

ratchet
Website

Why I dont like Huge Worlds? Because I haate travelling for 2 minutes to get somewhere I need to go, huge worlds can be very confusing on where to go and can be very hard to find things. Example: AHT
I believe that ETD had a good size for levels, they could be a BIT bigger though

#13 Jan 22, 2011 12:10 AM

shade105
Website

Haha, I agree with the cut scene thing. I definably think they should add more screen time while trying to keep the same amount of game play. DotD was very simple and easy indeed. Things should be fixed with that too.

#14 Jan 22, 2011 6:46 AM

dragon protector x
Website

Well reading some of the other thoughts i have to agree with having longer or at least better cut scenes tho i dont want them as long as Final Fantasy 13 or Metal Gear Solid 4 cut scenes. As for like what Ratchet said about the size of worlds, I really dont like large worlds either but it depends on what is in the large areas to me. If its a repetitive forest with 100s of trees then yea i get lost very easily. If it goes from a small forest to a small plains and to a cliff with a water fall im fine because i map games through land marks. If its like what i dont mind but Bigger like the whole world itself of War craft then Im REALLY going to be lost. (I only played Warcraft 3 and not wow but i still know the map) I personally like the map to be like how the game Guild wars does it with small sections. You enter one explorable area with boundaries and u have to go through one of 3 different portals to go to a new area.

#15 Jan 22, 2011 10:22 AM

JakBandiFan

Has anyone here ever played The Elder Scrolls (either Morrowind or Oblivion)?

It is an open world and mainly in the towns or cities, you don't get lost. But in Morrowind, when you are asked to do a quest in some tomb, cave or mine - you do get lost. Even if they give you really detailed directions.

Oblivion, however, has this compass system and tells you where to go for each quest on the map. Love it or hate it, it saves me a lot of time.

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#16 Jan 22, 2011 5:29 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Don't wan to have it be like LotR. *bleep* the whole 'lol hero must rise cuz he is super special' kinda thing. I want one where he has no choice and gradually accepts what he can't or can do

#17 Jan 22, 2011 7:09 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Even in LotR the "chosen" thing was better executed than that. It's not like Frodo was super special for no good reason and had a ton of deus-ex-machina type powers, unlike LoS Spyro who was special because of his color and just randomly learned these elemental powers that materialized out of nowhere in a pinch. They weren't so much copying LotR as they were copying copies of copies of poorly executed copies of LotR. -__-

Anyway, I pretty much agree with what ratchet said, although I wouldn't really mind combat, Cynder, or Elijah Wood as long as they're done well this time.

#18 Jan 23, 2011 5:55 AM

shade105
Website

Well, I agree with Stormy. You kinda show your lack of knowledge and sensibility for any of Tolkien's work when you say that Frodo is some kind of Gary Stue who's powers have been given to him by the gods above, Rurikred Dragon. Insult the new Legend of Spyro games, but not Tolkien's work, please.

And anyways, it's not like Spyro is that way either. I mean he may have a few great powers and all, but he falls, and he has hardships as well. I mean he may be cliche, but not over-powered.

What do people mean when they say they don't want combat? I mean seriously, a game without combat?

#19 Jan 23, 2011 6:10 AM

ratchet
Website

I dont mind a game with basic attack or centain abilities or powerups to kill an enemy. But no "combat" meaning meaningless button mashing to kill one enemy, and especially when its the centraltype of gameplay

#20 Jan 23, 2011 5:17 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Oh, I see how you could assume I was still talking about LotR.

No, I meant to stop tearing off the storyline of it. Not the whole 'gain power thing'. I was talking about something different.

And I can insult his BOOK work becuase I can't read the flippin thing. *bleep* small text and Dyslexia

#21 Jan 24, 2011 4:46 PM

shade105
Website

Well that is rather unfortunate bro. I never knew about your dis-capability.

But in all honesty, if you know nothing about something, you should not attack it. The story is actually great, and I'm sorry, but it's 100 times better then anything Spyro could toss at us. lol

But yeah, button mashing is always a mess, especially when you do it for really long and then you die...

#22 Jan 24, 2011 7:49 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

When was I ever insulting it again...? I was insulting Spyro.

l2read?

#23 Jan 30, 2011 10:15 PM

Keby
Website

Uh, isn't saying that you do not want a lack of something just basically saying you WANT something?

Anyways what I do not want is:

- Elijah Wood (I just do not care for him.)
- The Legend of Spyro gameplay (an original-style platformer would be good)
- Some MMO that just has the Spyro name because it has characters or environments from the games.  (I am okay with a MMO, as long as it actually has elements from the previous Spyro games in it.)
- Lastly, I also hope they do not make it TOO childish, because though Spyro is a game for kids, I do not want to feel foolish playing it if I want to check it out.

#24 Jan 31, 2011 12:07 AM

Erza
Birthday: 19 June
Website

#25 Jan 31, 2011 12:32 AM

JazzJackrabbit

I hope it's not a repeat of the 2010 Spyro Movie.  (I also hope the 2011 Bucky O'Hare movie and Battle Bears movie aren't like that.)

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

Board footer