Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 16, 2010 4:21 PM

XNeelixX
Gems: 0
Website

Legend of spyro prequel: Malefor's story

ok so for about 3 months I have been thinking "THEY SHOULD MAKE A LEGEND OF MALEFOR GAME!!!" I mean we never really found out alot of information about malefor. for example: how he was raised, how he became corrupt, why he became corrupt, how he got trapped in the convexity and why he hates everything. I mean in DotD at the end he got enveloped by all of those dragon spirits and we don't know who they were I mean they could have been the elders that raised him that were punishing his for his sins. BUT WOULDN'T IT BE SO AMAZINGLY AWESOME?!?!?!?!

#2 Jan 17, 2010 1:11 AM

SapphireSheep

Re: Legend of spyro prequel: Malefor's story

I don't really care for the thought of him having his own game. but I am interested in his backstory. it would be nice if they told a little more about him in future games

#3 Jan 17, 2010 8:40 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

It would be interesting, I suppose...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#4 Jan 17, 2010 3:20 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

No. We know his basic back story and thanks to EL f***ing things up thats all we know.

And thinking about it the game story will be a load of horse s*** Eg malefore is good alllll up untill the end when he quikly turns evil.

#5 Jan 18, 2010 9:24 AM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

I'm thinkin the whole Star Wars 3 thing...hence why I don't want it

#6 Jan 18, 2010 4:47 PM

Clock-la

#7 May 22, 2010 3:04 AM

24gh12

all it says is he was a purple drag taught by the mystics did some thing killed them and wants to rule the world

#8 May 22, 2010 4:26 AM

Trasher258
Website

I'm more interested in that crystal that the spirits came out of. Are there any other of this type? If so, Malefor may have encounter it from the past. Those spirits got in there somehow and so did The Chronicler with a similar crystal cluster. In fact, these crystal clusters appear to be common on the surface as well... that isn't planet Earth after all. You think spirits of other creatures got into those crystals?

It could of been an accident, an insight... that has occured multiple times in the past by Ignitus vauge explanation. Eh, sounds too far feched... but it sounds solid.

I don't care how it looks but how it functions

#9 May 22, 2010 1:22 PM

Clock-la

A game is uneccicery because well malefor is just a bad guy... a bad guy who has only JUST turned up, im shure that maby in future games he could have the odd mention and stuff but a game for him alone is not needed.

#10 May 22, 2010 9:39 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

yeah, a full game doesn't strike my interest, but i do want to know a little bit more about the story behind Malefor. they don't say much about it.

and the world of TLOS fascinates me greatly.

#11 Jul 25, 2010 7:18 PM

darkhorus

Yes we do indeed not know much about Malefor, not about his childhood that is. All the information I can give is the following:

Malefor was the first purple dragon ever to exist, or at least that is what Spyro had been told. Malefor was born in Warfang. He was a very special dragon, for his color didn't seem to be linked to any of the 4 elements a dragon could learn. The Elder dragons at that time decided to test him to find out which element he could learn, they tested him with all 4 of the elements and found out he could use them all. So, seeing and realizing Malefor's extraordinary potential, the Elders willingly taught him how to master all 4 elements, and he mastered them 4 to near perfection. Besides all 4 of the elements, he also mastered many other abilities that no-one thought were possible. However, he had tasted power and he wanted more of it, stopping at nothing to get it. He had grown hungry for power and would stop at nothing to become all powerful. Realizing and fearing his malevolence and his endless ambition, the Elder dragons banished him to a deserted mountain area, later known as the Mountain of Malefor. But it was already too late, he was already corrupted by his own (lust for) power. Furious at the Elders for banishing him from the Dragon Kingdom, he declared war against the dragon race. He established an army of apes and waged war against dragon kind for several years, killing countless dragons and other creatures that stood in his way, in order to fulfil his 'quest' of purifying the world by destroying it first: By that time, Malefor had produced the belief that it was his destiny to purify the world by destroying it in what he called 'the great cleansing', so that after that a new world would rise out of the ashes of the old, where he would reign as supreme ruler and rule it following his own ideals. His malice and his pure evil power was so great that it tore his own base of operations apart, creating the Well of Souls (a chasm to the Underworld (= a pit which acted as a doorway between the Underworld and the real world) where all the souls of the malevolent dead people were sent, submitted to his influence.) Malefor taught the apes how to use the power of the gems, which were the dragon's lifeforce and used them against the dragons. Knowing how to use the power of the gems made the apes much stronger and more powerful than normal, and significantly more difficult to defeat, even the dragons had trouble defeating them. The dragon Elders ultimately managed (and don't ask me how, cause I don't know how they managed to do this) to imprison Malefor within the Underworld. However, his armies survived and went into hiding, waiting for an opportunity to set Malefor free again, they aim to free Malefor through a portal between the real world and the Underworld, located in the Well of Souls. However, as shown in ANB, such a portal between the real world and the underworld can also be found in the realm of Convexity. So, a portal between the Underworld and the Real world is located in the Mountain of Malefor as well as in the realm of Convexity (as seen in ANB), so Malefor could either be freed through the portal in the realm of Convexity or through the portal in the Mountain of Malefor. So, in ANB, Cynder tries to set Malefor free using the portal to the underworld located in the Convexity realm, but fails. After that, Gaul takes over and tries to use the portal in the Mountain of Malefor to free the Dark Master.

This is all I know about Malefor, but I think most of you guys already know this. If you seek information about Malefor's childhood, I cannot help you. However, if you have something to ask or complaint about my post, fire away.

#12 Jul 25, 2010 9:58 PM

JazzJackrabbit

^tl,dr

The Elders and Hunter should get their own games as well.

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#13 Jul 25, 2010 10:04 PM

Apoc
Birthday: 18 June

The only new Spyro game I want is the end of TLoS. Which was an origin story which also should cover death as well as birth.

#14 Oct 18, 2010 9:21 AM

tLoS Fan 333
Website

I couldn't find anywhere else to ask this so I'll just spit it out-

I am currently writting a Spyro FF and I was wondering if someone knew the answeres to these questions. The answeres will SEVERLY affect my plot line.

1. When did Cynder come into the picture? was Malfore imprisoned yet?

2. When did Malfore take over? Was it when the guardians were alive or were they born during the war?

THANKS  smile

Christopher

Spyro+Cynder!!!

#15 Oct 18, 2010 4:10 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Cynder was born from the same clutch of eggs as Spyro, but was raised evil.

Malefor had an army that threatened to take over until the dragons trapped him at the Well of Souls, er something...

He regained his tyranny psychologically with Cynder and Gaul, but didn't gain physical supremecy again until the end of the Eternal night, after Spyro was "infected" by dark fury 'matter', er something...

#16 Oct 23, 2010 6:18 AM

tLoS Fan 333
Website

Thanks riverhippo  big_smile

Sorry it took so long to respond. I was on vacation- It's kind of sad that you spend all that money to have a good time and you don't even get internet access.  neutral

I'm kind of surprised that the apes raised Cynder all by them selves though. It doesn't seem that they would have the patients or smarts to do it.   hmm

Christopher

Spyro+Cynder!!!

#17 Oct 23, 2010 7:41 AM

Jackson117

I would like to see more of a Warped idea..Somehow he gets the idea that everyone else is evil expect him and must destroy.

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#18 Oct 23, 2010 6:02 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

Board footer