#1 Jan 15, 2010 8:25 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Possible Improvement Suggestions

This is a list of new ideas for the forum that I've put together from various conversations with other members.

You can vote for as many as you want. Please tell us which options you voted for and explain if you'd like.

Disclaimer: I cannot personally make any of these changes happen myself and therefore cannot guarantee you that they will happen.

#2 Jan 15, 2010 9:59 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Re: Possible Improvement Suggestions

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#3 Jan 15, 2010 10:03 PM

Rurikredwolf
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Original story section so that it isn't so narrowminded on Spyro and allowing others to see other's real creativity.

#4 Jan 15, 2010 10:24 PM

Paranoia
Award: contest mod
Gems: 136
Birthday: 6 February
Website

Definitely being able to talk about the so called "banned topics" in General Chat. Seriously, if someone isn't mature enough to handle talking about politics or whatever, that's their problem....I'd say just ban/warn the people who make a big deal about nothing in those types of topics.

#5 Jan 15, 2010 11:40 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#6 Jan 15, 2010 11:58 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

- Stop random topic deletion in SPAM/Forum Games. it's annoying, and it sometimes deletes cool topics.

- New section for "banned topics" and other more serious threads. i don't think it should be merged with General, as we do have younger people on this forum. this is a Spyro forum, remember. while there are older people on here too, there are younger ones too.

- Fix search. it's just... a pain. e_e

- Other... fix the "My Webpage" feature. that was cool, but now it's all messed up and unusable.

#7 Jan 16, 2010 5:37 AM

bmah

For the physical features of the site, I would definitely love to have that search engine fixed.

For the forums themselves, I would like to talk more about politics and other currently "taboo" topics. I think it's more safe to do so now than it was several years ago. On a related note, if a thread gets really out of hand, just ban/warn the offenders as opposed to treating the thread as "unsalvageable" and locking it all together.

#8 Jan 16, 2010 6:36 AM

ember_da_dragon
Birthday: 16 January

Stop random topic deletion in SPAM/Forum Games
More contests
New section for "banned topics" and other more serious threads
Merging Spyro-y Polls, The Future of Spyro the Dragon, and other general Spyro-related forums to Spyro Chat
These are the ones i voted for

#9 Jan 16, 2010 10:19 PM

spyro567
Website

fixing the spyro chat it don't work

#10 Jan 18, 2010 4:48 PM

~cornys~

You can see the detailed results to know what I voted for...

The Fandom section would be nice since some people can't figure out the fan fiction sig up and other things. I've seen this work very well else where.

An intellectual discussion forum would be like even though it's not on the list exactly...

I like what has been done here smile lol

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#11 Jan 24, 2010 3:45 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

OK, the random thread deletion in SPAM has apparently been removed. That was the most common choice, too.

#12 Jan 24, 2010 5:40 AM

RedDragonX
Website

#13 Jan 24, 2010 10:45 AM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

I voted for...

Stop random topic deletion in SPAM/Forum Games - simply because, before the forum games were moved to spam, I had made quite a few forum games. Shortly after they were moved to spam, they all vanished, and it's kinda annoying.

New section for "banned topics" and other more serious threads - if by this you mean to have some sort of a debate forum, then yes, I think that's a good thing. Since not everyone has to go there if they don't want to. And obviously they'll be moderated for argument, abuse etc.

Removal of Fan Clubs section - I've been on this forum for ages, and I must've made... five post there? Maybe even less. As X said, it's not exactly popular, and it's the foundation of flame wars.

#14 Jan 24, 2010 9:25 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Like I said, Saphira, SPAM/Forum Games topic deletion has been stopped. big_smile I removed that choice on the poll.

Since lots of other members have voted, I'm going to give my own input as well. First priority would be a section for the banned topics. I always hate having to lock threads that would have good discussion value simply because they might start flame wars. A section for serious discussion could allow these while still giving others the option of not viewing them.

Deleting the Fan Clubs section because like others said, it's pretty much useless for everything other than flame wars.

Merging Spyro-y Polls, The Future of Spyro the Dragon, and other general Spyro-related forums to Spyro Chat just makes more sense to me. I don't know why they're split up that way, but they could easily fit under one general Spyro section.

Remove usergroups and make a general "Spyro Fandom" section would be good for two reasons. One, everyone would be able to post without having to ask permission. Two, like the Fan Clubs, the usergroups are pretty much dead.

Finally, on the low priority scale, fix search and BBCode dropdown menus.

#15 Jan 24, 2010 9:29 PM

yearofthe
Website

I would say leave the Fan Club section alone, people don't need to go there if they don't want to.

More Contest! The site is literally boring without any contest.  Which explains my lack of logging into this site.

What about the gems to buy stuff out of Amazon? That would've been awesome.

#16 Jan 24, 2010 9:40 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Not possible, sorry. There's no way Amazon would ever accept a forum's currency as real money unless someone backed it with real money. Even then I don't see it happening as this forum isn't extremely active and Amazon wouldn't profit much from the deal.

#17 Jan 24, 2010 10:43 PM

yearofthe
Website

Alright, well I hate keep re-sizing images to set as my default because it is to big. Could you set it to where it's to big to be re-sized to 190 x 120 instead of keep re-sizing in paint?

#18 Feb 11, 2010 9:16 AM

bmah

Anyone know what the status quo is so far?

I was thinking that I might actually frequent the place much more often if new forums for different matters such as serious/banned topics were made. That being said, I'm just wondering when such features might be implemented ever since they were suggested.

#19 Feb 12, 2010 5:59 AM

RedDragonX
Website

#20 Feb 12, 2010 6:15 AM

bmah

It's a group effort for sure. Everything seems "fine" now because nothing conflicting is happening, but at the same time, the current rules make it seem that everyone is satisfied with whatever they can converse about - since any discussion on taboo stuff is hush hush. My point is that SR probably thinks that the forum topics "are fine as is" because nothing out of those boundaries are discussed in the first place. However, since I do know people want to talk about more diverse subjects, I may make an individual thread on whether people want to do this.

Board footer