Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 22, 2009 4:55 AM

KWDzero
Gems: 0

Spyro: Dawn of Destiny

This is a Fan Fiction that I've been writing for some time now and I've been wanting to put it out in the open for some time now for some good ol' R&R. So I'll post a couple of chapters I've written and if you guys like it I'll post some more.

Forward: This story takes place sometime after the events of Spyro: A Hero's Tail and disregards completely the events of the Legend of Spyro games. So in other words, the Legend of Spyro games never happened. You won't be seeing Cynder or Malefor or whatnot, just characters from the original 5 or so games and original new characters of my own creation. Half of this story takes place from the point of view of "Spire" who is essentially Spyro's ancestor, while the other half focuses on Spyro. Sparx doesn't make an appearence in this Fan-Fiction, mostly because his character wouldn't really fit in, and also because in the original series, he never talked.

Now without futher-a-do, the story begins.

#2 Dec 22, 2009 4:55 AM

KWDzero

Re: Spyro: Dawn of Destiny

------------------------------
Prologue: Dawn of the Dimension
-------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Long ago, when worlds were born and peace seemed at an everlasting peak, there was a disturbance. A group of creatures settled in the world, they called themselves Dragons. These dragons knew the makings of the universe and of the world around them but refused to share their secrets.

As time passed by, the dragons practiced their telepathic skills and other abilities which they called Magic. Different dragons as it appeared could practice different types of magic, which suddenly caused the Dragons to think differently about one another. Eventually over hundreds of years the Dragons broke apart to form two different Clans, Lunarnious and Shadolious. The Lunarnious Dragons had the ability to control the winds of the skys and the tides of the ocean. The Shadolious dragons controlled the more destructive forces of magic such as the fires and magma of the earths core and even the very soil on which they stood.

For a long time there was peace as the two Clans lived their own separate lives, until one day the Shadolious had placed themselves under a new leader; Megmemeth. Megmemeth was the most powerful and skilled of all the Shadolious dragons, little did the rest of his clan know he had ambitions.

Soon after Megmemeth was declared king of the Shadolious Clan, he launched an attack on the Lunarnians. The Lunarnians didn’t stand a chance. Their Clan was nearly slaughtered on spot. The once peace loving Clan was now distorted and confused. The battle was easily won by Megmemeth in his evil ambitions to be king of all the dragons. He captured many Lunarnious dragons and made them his slaves doing the dirty work for his own clan and acting as play toys for his darkest creations.

A group of Lunarnian survivors managed to escape to a nearby hillside where they prayed to their ancestors that there was still hope for their Clan.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#3 Dec 22, 2009 4:56 AM

KWDzero

Chapter 1: The Birth of a Hero

“Hey Spire? You still sleeping?”
Spire woke with a start and looked up to see his friend looming over his nest.
    “What are you all excited about Thorn?” Spire grumbled as he began to turn his head back into his mossy nest.
    “Come on were going to be late to training!” Thorn exclaimed and Spire sat up instantly with a jolt.
    “Me? Late? Never!” Spire yelled and they playfully dashed out of the nesting cave, were younger dragons slept.
    They soon came into the small clearing of what they liked to call the Dragon’s keep. It wasn’t much of a fortress and it didn’t provide much protection and cover, but it was enough. Spire was a young dragon who was still undergoing the Ten-Year process dragons called Fire-Picking. The Fire-Picking was much like a training process that all dragons must go through in order to be accepted as full members of their Tribe or Clan in some cases.
    “Greetings young dragon, how is that water technique I showed you coming?” asked one of the tribe elders as the two young dragons rushed to the training grounds.
    “Not so good Commandant, but don’t worry I’ll practice it with my mentor when I get the chance!” Spire called to him.
    Spire charged horns first into the Training clearing nearly knocking over his own mentor. He skidded to a stop and nearly died of embarrassment when he saw his mentor angrily fluttering around on the ground as if recoiling from an unexpected attack.
    “Spire?!?! What was that all about?” his mentor cried out as he pulled himself back onto the ground.
    “S-sorry…Mist…I wasn’t looking were I was going.” Spire muttered and looked down at his paws.
    “You have to be more careful if you think you will ever be Fire-Picked.” Mist growled angrily.
    “Your right I’ll be more careful next time.” Spire muttered.

“All members of the Lunarnious Tribe please come to the base of the cliff! There is something very important I have to tell you.” yelled the oldest and wisest elder; Lunar.
    The tribe was confused; they weren’t usually addressed to a meeting in such an abrupt manner. Spire was in the middle of his noon resting period, and was slightly annoyed that he would have to attend another boring meeting. Something was wrong, the elders had never looked as worried as they were now as the tribe gathered around the cliff face to see what they had to say.
    “All Lunarnious dragons, may you be blessed and may you be praised by the gods of our ancestors.” Lunar began, as was the custom to begin all meetings.
    “It is finally time, the gods sent me a vision that they are ready to choose one of us to lead our Tribe to victory and to glory, someone to finally end this reign of darkness on our land!” he yelled triumphantly.
    Dragons all around the clearing muttered and whispered all wondering who would be picked to lead them and what this could mean for there tribe.
    “All dragons who think they are worthy will meet me at the Temple tonight at midnight were we will await the our ancestors decision.” He concluded with a determined stare at his audience.
    “How will we know if we are worthy?” a dragon from somewhere in the crowd called.
    “Find it in your heart” The elder exclaimed before calling the meeting to a close.

“Hey Spire! I just got the greatest idea!” Thorn exclaimed with an excited look on his face.
    “Why won’t you just go to sleep Thorn? It’s already past our bedtime.” Spire sleepily retorted as he lay down in his nest.
    “We should sneak out and see who gets picked at the Temple!” Thorn whispered nearly jumping up and down.
    “Are you joking? They would have our wings if they caught us!” Spire snorted.
    “Spire you’re just scared you big purple wimp!” Thorn teased and clearly, it seemed to have worked.
    “Are you kidding? I’m not scared of anything!” Spire glared almost spitting flames in annoyance.
    “Then lets go! Come!” Thorn whispered and they quietly snuck out of the nesting cave.

“May the gods of our ancestors look down upon our bravest fighters and our most skilled magicians who have gathered at the temple tonight to await which one of them will become the chosen one.” Lunar cried out into the silent night.
    The temple was a quiet peaceful place perched on top of a large cliff face overlooking the tribe. It was where the Lunarnious Dragons felt closest to their ancestors and to the gods of all dragons.
    Spire and Thorn hid behind a rock nearby the base of the Temple, hidden but close enough to see and hear much of what was going on. There were about ten dragons circled inside the temple looking up at the sky. The Temple was built especially so it had a large hole in the roof so Lunarnious dragons could see the stars. Often, elders claimed they could see the future by the movement of celestial figures, but not many believed them.
    “Wow this sure is boring… I expected more drama, like lightning or something but no all I get is a clear blank night sky…maybe we should head back.” Thorn whispered with a sigh of disappointment.
    “Come on, we made it this far can’t we just stay for the end?” Spire quietly commented.
    “Fine…but I’m not going to stay one extra second.” Thorn exclaimed.
    Spire looked up at the sky, like the other Dragons in the temple were doing. He saw thousands of little stars glittering like jewels in the dark expanse of sky. Suddenly one of the stars seemed to grow bigger, and Spire gasped in astonishment as the earth began to tremble and a bolt of lightning struck against the ground. Spire could have avoided it but he was frozen to the spot and the bolt of lightning collided with him. Sheer waves of cold energy ran through him and he blacked out.

Spire awoke half expecting to be in his nice moss covered nest with the peaceful sound of birds chirping in the breeze, but instead there was nothing. An expanse of blank absence of all things he had known existed. Suddenly the memory of sneaking out to the temple and the events that followed came back to him.
    “Am I dead?” Spire called out. His mouth spoke the words but no sound was made.
    He started running, or he thought he started running and then he thought he stopped. Nothing seemed real in this world except for his own thoughts. He thought he heard a voice, calling to him but it could just be an illusion. He wasn’t sure. Spire thought the voice kept getting louder but he thought he couldn’t make out the words.
    “Spire, the gods of your ancestors speak” a crisp voice called out into the blank expanse. Spire knew the voice was real because he no longer had to think, he just had to listen.
    “We have chosen you young dragon” the voice called out.
    “What do you mean? You mean to say that I am the chosen one?” Spire gasped as his words formed sounds this time.
    “Yes young dragon, for almost a millennia we have searched for a dragon such as yourself, and now we have finally found you. You are the one who is destined to save the world from the Darkness.” The voice said.
    “Me? Why me? Why not pick one of the other stronger dragons? I am not worthy and I can’t take on this responsibility” Spire yelled and time seemed to stop for ages until the voice responded.
    “Your powers will come in time young one, do not deny your destiny.” The voice responded and Spire was just about to argue with it but suddenly words burned into him like fire.
“The Dragon Chosen by the god of all Dragons, will rise a new Dawn to the power of light. The Dawn of Destiny.”

#4 Dec 22, 2009 4:57 AM

KWDzero

Chapter 2: Toizland

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spyro stamped impatiently around the boat and cautiously checked over the side. The giant landmass was still miles away. Spyro sighed and suddenly someone patted him on the back.
    “Don’t worry, we should arrive soon.” said the man.
    Spyro turned around to confront him. The man was fairly short and seemed to be some sort of humanoid. So many different races populated the new Dragon Worlds, he couldn’t keep track of them all.
    “I just can’t wait to see my friends and family, it’s been so long.” Spyro sighed knowing the man wouldn’t understand.
    Spyro was sent long ago to a different land far from his home to help other races and learn to use the full extent to his powers. Now 10 long years later he would finally return to his rightful home in the Artisons were he wouldn’t have to worry about saving the world and he could kick back and hang with his old friends. If only this boat would go faster! He wished he could just fly there, but he was strongly warned that there were dangers in these waters. It probably was just some shimsham to get him to buy a boat ticket, but he couldn’t be sure.
    “I understand your feelings.” The man said which shocked Spyro. How could he or anyone else understand him?
    “I too have been separated from family before. It’s not easy…” the man said and let out a deep sigh.
    “My name is Spyro, yours?” Spyro asked.
    “It’s Ned” the man responded. “I’m going to Toizland for some research on ancient dragons.”
    Spyro looked at the man strangely. “Toizland? Don’t you mean the Artisons? That is were we are headed…. isn’t it?” Spyro exclaimed.
    The man stared at Spyro for a little and then laughed.
    “The Artisons fell years ago.” Ned exclaimed. “A new city was formed were the Artisons used to be, that’s called Toizeland.”
    Spyro sighed and looked away. What other things had he missed in his time gone?
    “I assume you are a Dragon by the look of it.” Ned said. “Perhaps you can help me with my research…if it isn’t any trouble…”
    Spyro looked at the man with a different perspective, and then he shrugged.
    “I suppose I could, but I mean I might want to see a few of my friends and…” Spyro started to say but Ned put up a hand signaling he should stop talking.
    “Don’t worry, just call me whenever you have some spare time, I don’t mind.” Ned laughed and gave Spyro a small paper card.
    ‘Well I’ll have to yell awful loud in order for you to hear me calling you” Spyro laughed. Ned gave him a look and explained.
    “No, you can call me on a Telephone, it allows you to communicate with people from far away, and all you need to do is dial a number code.” Ned explained and pointed to a number on the card. “There is mine.”
    Spyro stared blankly at the man with confusion and then the Man shook his head.
    “Spyro, how old are you?” he asked. Spyro thought of it as an elementary and somewhat stupid question, but he answered anyways.
    “I’m only about 15” Spyro answered. “Why?”
    “According to my research, Dragons age much slower than most races. So what seems to a human would be 10 years might to a dragon seem like thirty or even fifty years.” Ned explained. “In fact, most dragons don’t even begin to mature until they are about 50 years old.”
    Spyro gasped. No wonder why so many things had changed! It hadn’t been only 10 years that he was absent; it had been 30 or maybe even more! Struggling to make any sense of the situation he asked;
    “Then how do I know any of my friends still live there, or if they are even still alive!”   
“Well, sorry kid your on your own with that one, I’m just a Dragonologist.” Ned said and looked off the side of the boat and smiled.
    Spyro followed his gaze and almost jumped with excitement. They had reached the mainland!

Spyro jumped onto the dock as the other passengers slowly piled out of the boat. Spyro grabbed his luggage and waited in a boring security line. When it was finally his turn a furry creature in an important looking suit took out a pad of paper.
    “Name?” the creature asked.
    “It’s Spyro” Spyro answered and the creature stopped for a second and looked at him.
    “And how is that spelled sir?” it asked.
    Spyro didn’t know what was wrong with his name, it wasn’t very Foreign and was quite a popular name when he was young. Spyro spelled it out in perfect Dragon Tongue.  The creature looked intently at Spyro.
    “In English please, or do you want me to send you to the immigration line?” the creature said pointing to an even longer line on another side of the dock. Spyro didn’t quite understand what the creature meant but he sure didn’t want to wait in line again.
    “I’m sorry, I don’t know how to write English, I only know how to speak it.” Spyro explained. English was one of the few foreign languages the Dragon Elders had taught him, his home language was Dragon Tongue of course. The Dragon elders never quite got around to teaching him the written language however.
    “Alright, I’ll just assume its S-P-Y-R-O, passport please?” the creature asked. Spyro remembered to bring his passport that a man had given him sometime during the sea voyage he had made and handed it to the creature. The creature stamped it and handed it back to Spyro, signaling that he should pass through the security gate and into the city.
    “Next” the creature called.

Spyro was glad that all that was over and he began to walk into the city. Indeed, it was much different then anything he remembered from his old home. Tall buildings and high-tech looking machines hovered in the sky and around the streets. There was a sign on the other side of the street, it was written in English. Spyro couldn’t make out the words but below them was a picture of what looked like some sort of transportation device. There were people waiting near the sign sitting on benches. Spyro assumed that he would have to wait there in order to get on the transportation machine. He padded across the street with his bags and sat down on one of the benches.
    Earlier, when Ned and Spyro were exiting the boat Ned gave him a Name and address and told him that he should stay there. Ned said it was a place were people paid to stay, called a Ho-tell. All he had to do was tell the driver of the transportation device the address and the rest would be pretty strait forward. He didn’t like this new way of life, it seemed too complicated.
    A yellow vehicle pulled up on the side of the road and Spyro walked over to it. He opened the door and sat in one of the back seats.
    “Were to sir?” the driver asked, speaking in English.
    “9834 Scale Drive.” Spyro said reciting the address number of the Ho-tell.
    “Its called a Hotel sir, H-O-T-E-L Hotel. I can tell you’re not from around here, but trust me you’ll like the city; it has a peaceful feel to it.” He said and turned something at the front of the machine and it started up.

Once Spyro arrived in the hotel he learned that the machine he had ridden in was called a Car, powered by oil and fossil fuels. Spyro sighed, remembering what the driver had said.

“You’ll like the city; it has a peaceful feel to it.”

Now he knew this wasn’t the home he used to know.

#5 Dec 22, 2009 7:23 PM

KWDzero

Chapter 3: The Invasion 

Spire opened his eyes to find himself in his den. He slowly padded outside and noticed that the elders were whispering suspiciously and the whole Tribe looked worried. Thorn ran over to him and jumped with joy.
    “Thank our ancestors! You’re alive!” he said jumping up and down.
    “What do you mean?” Spire asked questioningly.
    “You got struck by lightning last night but some of the elders helped and now your ok!” he said.
    “Did we get in much trouble?”  Spire asked.
    “No, the elders were to shocked by what had happened.” Thorn said.
    “Why what happened? I can’t remember….” Spire exclaimed.
    “Well, you got struck by some lightning bolt, and the elders said something like the gods had betrayed them and they hadn’t picked a chosen leader. Now everyone is scared and they think this was a sign that our tribe has finally come to an end!” Thorn shouted with a scared look.    
    That’s when it happened. Spire began to remember his meeting with the god of dragons and how they had chosen him. Spire’s eyes widened. The elders didn’t even know that he was picked! He had to tell them! Or would they even believe him?

“But it’s true!” Spire exclaimed and the old elder turned away.
    “I believe that you have a vivid imagination Spire, and that one day you will be a great dragon… but what you are trying to tell me is very unbelievable and disrespectful.” Lunar replied.
    “I’m telling the truth! The god of the dragons chose me!” Spire exclaimed, he was very frustrated with Lunar for not believing him.
    “Leave now! You are upsetting me! The gods have betrayed us; you must learn to accept it.”
    Spire quietly stepped out of the Elder’s den looking crestfallen. Was it now his responsibility to look after the tribe? Even though nobody believed it was so? He was confused and he went down to a nearby stream for a drink. It was very quite and peaceful and he almost completely forgot about his stressful conversation with Lunar but then he heard a sound. It sounded like a cracking of a twig. His eyes darted around his current surroundings, but nothing seemed suspicious. Probably just a lizard or something, Spire thought to himself and continued drinking from the stream.
    He felt something warm against the back of his head and he turned around to see a dragon’s head leaned very close to him. Its eyes seemed a gleaming red color and it’s scales were of the darkest black. Spire screamed and dashed into the undergrowth. The dragon pursued him with a roar crashing and bashing its huge bulky body through the bracken.
    Spire screamed and rushed forward, seeing that the dragon was gaining on him. Spire scraped his paws against the edge of a cliff and halted to a dead stop. He looked over the cliff face, his beaming eyes wide. If only I knew how to fly. He heard the huge paw steps of the dragon grow closer and a burst of heat erupted from the undergrowth. A tree collapsed and broke into flame. Fire! Spire thought rapidly, his heart pounding. He had never seen a dragon breath fire with such ferocity. Then the dragon erupted from the undergrowth and lunged itself at Spire.
    He could have ran but he stood frozen to the spot his mind racing. The dragon was merely inches away when Spire’s instinct took over. He dived out of the way of the on coming dragon into a heap of leaves near the undergrowth were the chase had progressed. He stared over the edge of the cliff and watched the dragon fall to his death. Even if the dragon could fly, there was no way he could have lifted his wings up in time to break the fall. As if the gods were to verify his thought he heard a loud thud and a scream. Then all was silent.

Spire soon found himself rushing through the undergrowth looking everywhere and finding nothing. Was he lost? Finally after hours of running and struggling he lay down and rest at the base of a tree. He definitely was lost, and he had no idea were he was. He sighed and picked himself up and began his search again. He didn’t remember the forest surrounding the camp being so gloomy and distilling. Large yowls of strange creatures could be heard in the distance and disgusting and terrifying insects littered the forest floor.
    Finally he heard a voice after countless hours of walking in this strange new part of the forest. He quickly climbed up a tree and spotted two dragons walking through the dense forest. They didn’t look very familiar or friendly so he didn’t jump down to ask them for help.
    “The troops will surround the camp soon, that’s when we will come in for the kill.” One of the dragons said.
    “Alright, let’s move.” The other said and they crept silently, but quickly out of sight.
    Spire’s heart stopped, they were Shadolious dragons! He had heard many stories about the Shadolious dragons, they were said to be merciless and heartless killers who would poach Lunarnious eggs just for sport. Even worse so, the Shadolious dragons had finally found their camp and were coming in for the kill! He had to warn the others!
    Spire jumped down from his perch in the tree and dashed through the undergrowth in the direction he thought the Lunarnious camp was. He ran until his small legs could no longer support his weight and he stopped in a clearing. He was now out of the strange forest he was in before. Now, familiar scents surrounded him and he almost yipped with glee as he saw the stream were he had been earlier today.
    He surged with new energy and hope. He had made it in time! Now he just had to warn the others!  He was just on his way to the clearing when he saw his paws lift of the ground and his body suspend in the air. He looked up to see a dragon who had picked him up by his tail. The dragon’s face formed into an evil looking grin and his eyes flared red.
    “Well what do we have here?” the dragon laughed coldly.

#6 Dec 22, 2009 7:24 PM

KWDzero

#7 Dec 22, 2009 10:20 PM

Apoc
Birthday: 18 June

Awesome dude, I must get back into the swing of writing again

#8 Dec 22, 2009 10:53 PM

KWDzero

Thanks! I'll post the next two.

Chapter 5- Midnight

Spire’s heart stopped with fear as the dragon’s grip tightened. This was the end. No, he couldn’t let it end this way…he couldn’t! He had to help his tribe! He had to do something! Think!
    Then all of the sudden he felt waves of cold energy go through him and felt new strength rush into his veins and blood. The dragon that held him tight quickly let go and stumbled to the ground, no longer moving.
    Spire didn’t know what happened; in fact he didn’t know anything anymore. All he knew was power…cold sheer power. He suddenly was filled with rage and anger towards the dragon and let out a furious explosion of fire in its direction. The fire enveloped the clearing and the dragon was forced sprang backwards into the brush.
    Without much of a thought he ran into the clearing were the Lunarnious camp was to find that he was too late it was already under attack! Dark-like dragons were everywhere fighting his friends and family to the death. He couldn’t just let them win! Suddenly the power that had lifted his strength before now consumed him and he completely lost control. He let out a surprisingly loud roar of rage and lunged into battle.
    Within seconds he was unleashing power he never knew he had. A Lunarnious dragon nearby was pinned against a wall by a Shadolious one. He rushed to the rescue and slammed the dark dragon away with a burst flames. He recognized the dragon he had saved was one of the elders and the elder looked at him with horror.
    “Spire? Is that you?” he asked.
    But Spire didn’t listen. He couldn’t even understand the dragon. The only thoughts he could process were those of rage and power. He saw the Shadolious dragon he had knocked over get up again. He jumped up into the air and spiraled down into a full on collision with the dragon until he had it pinned against the ground. The dragon flung Spire off and ran back into the forest limping in pain.
    He looked in all directions and saw that the Lunarnious dragons were slowly forcing the attackers out of the camp and back into the forest, they were winning! Then he saw it. A huge black dragon stepped into the clearing and all the other Shadolious dragons bowed. “Could it be?” Spire thought rapidly. “Their king?”
    “Lunar, I know you’re here. Show yourself!” the dragon roared. It’s voice was low and dark. How many had been killed by it’s orders?
    The light blue elder walked slowly into the clearing, looking very weak and hurt from the battle.
    “So we meet.” Lunar said after a long pause.
    The dark dragon ignored the pitiful greeting and continued.
    “I will give you and your people two choices.” It said. “Stay here and perish, or leave.”   
    “Leave?” Lunar snarled. “To where?”
    “The Outer Realms” it said.
    The Lunarnious dragons gasped and looked at the evil leader with scared and astonished eyes. The Outer Realms were dangerous for a dragon, let alone a whole tribe of them. Strange and dangerous creatures thrived in the wasteland, making it almost impossible to settle in.
    “You have until sundown tomorrow to state your decision; we will be waiting on the east gate of our territory.” It concluded and walked out of the clearing. All of the dark dragons began to follow it out.

Spire was exhausted and would have almost fallen asleep during the evil king’s declaration, if it weren’t for what had caught his eye. Within the dark huge crowd of bulking black scaly bodies was one that seemed to not reek of evil. It was a young female dragon with smooth black scales crystal blue eyes and a brilliant jewel was placed on her forehead. By the looks of it she was about his age and probably still in training. Why was she here? Well he was glad she had come. He had fallen in love with her.
    He just had to talk to her somehow! But how? What if she just ignored him and walked away? Or even worse, what if she took him for the enemy and just ran away? He had to take his chances or this would never work out he walked over to her casually and leaned against a nearby tree.
    “Hey” Spire said as the lean dragon passed by.
    “Hi” she said awkwardly and continued walking.
    “I like that…erm…jewel on your head…” Spire said desperately thinking of something else to say. The dragon stopped and gave him a look.
    “Really I do, it goes along so well with your eyes.” He said.
    “Are you flirting with me?” the female dragon asked. Spire blushed and looked at his feet.
    “Umm…well…uhh…I wouldn’t say that…just saying hello……is all…” Spire said feeling very embarrassed.
    “My dad would kill me if he caught me saying this to a Lunarnious dragon, but I do think you’re kinda cute.” She giggled.
    “My name is Spire.” Is all he could manage to say.
    “I’m Storm, nice to meet you.” She said and managed a smile.
    “Well I really should be going, bye.” She said and walked off.
    “Bye…” Spire said and sighed.

The sun slowly rose; it had been a hard night. Spire got up and walked to the clearing. He was going to go straight to training but was interrupted by one of the elders.     “Spire, can I talk to you about something?” the elder called. It was Commandant, the one elder Spire had ever seen friendship and sympathy in.
    “Yes of course, but can it be quick? I don’t want to be late to training.” Spire replied.
    “I think you might have to skip training today Spire, there is something very important I need to talk to you about…” Commandant said.
    Spyro looked at the elder and he nodded his head knowing it must be serious.
    Once they were inside Commandant’s den he sat down and lit a torch   
    “Spire, have you noticed something…strange recently?” Commandant asked.
    “Well…yes I think I know what this is about now.” Spire exclaimed.
    “I was chosen to be the leader of the Lunarnian tribe by our ancestors but nobody believes me!” Spire pouted.
    “I believe you Spire.” Commandant replied.
    “Thank our ancestors! Can you explain to the other elders for me? They aren’t listening to me!” Spire exclaimed and Commandant shook his head.
    “I’m sorry Spire, that I can not allow. There will be a time when they will know but now it is best kept a secret.” Commandant said and walked over to the end of the cave.
    Commandant set his paw onto the stone wall and suddenly the wall lit with a bluish light. The wall wasn’t a wall it was a door! The wall slid inward revealing a long dark passage beyond.
    “You must learn to use the power of your ancestors or we will all be doomed to the darkness.” Commandant said and turned to Spire.
    “Follow me.” He continued and they began to walk down the dark passageway.
    It seemed the further they went the darker the path got until they came to a part were it was completely pitch black.
    “I can’t see!” Spire exclaimed and began to panic.
    Commandant laughed and stomped one of his paws against the ground. The room instantly lit up with a bluish glow of millions of crystals. Spire now realized they weren’t in a small dingy passageway at all! They were in a huge underground crystal-like temple!
    “Do the others know about this?” Spire asked intently.
    “Some, but most have forgotten.”  Commandant said and walked up a crystal staircase to what looked like an ancient alter. “Come on” he continued.
    Spire followed him up the stairs and into a large room made purely of crystal.
    “This was once the most holy place in the Dragon Realms” Commandant exclaimed.
    “It was whet held the Orb of Prosperity. As long as the orb shined the dragons of the realm knew that peace flourished.” He continued and then walked to the end of the room to what looked like a shattered dragon egg.
    “Is that it? Is that the orb?” Spire gasped looking down at the shattered marble.
    “Unfortunately…” Commandant said. “The legends said that when darkness fell over the land and our tribe was doomed for despair, the holy Orb would shatter and the temple of crystal would be locked away for all time…” Commandant said and ran his paw over the shattered pieces of what once might have been a spherical monument.
    “Half of that legend came true, the orb has shattered but the temple remains.” Commandant exclaimed.
    “Does that mean there is hope?” Spire asked and Commandant nodded.

“There is hope yet young dragon; you.” The old dragon said.
    “The Orb is like a heart, you can break its shell, but you can never pierce its soul.”
    “Just get to the point, what’s my place in all this?” Spire shouted.
    “You are the god’s chosen dragon. It is your destiny to defeat the darkness and right the wrongs of the past.” Commandant replied not looking phased by Spire’s rude outburst.
    “But how? How am I supposed to do all that? I don’t know how to use my powers! *bleep* it! I don’t even know myself!” Spire shouted and breathed a well of fire.
    Commandant quickly jumped out of the way of the flame. The flames scorched the remaining pieces of the Orb and Spire gasped.
    “I’m sorry! I didn’t…” he began to say but Commandant interrupted.
    “It’s fine Spire…it is time we stop living in the past and focus on the future.” He said and closed his eyes. A Pedestal formed where the burnt pieces had once laid and Commandant opened his eyes again.
    “Spire, concentrate on the fear you have felt within your life. Feel it and dread it for a few seconds.” Commandant said and Spire closed his eyes and concentrated.

Spire opened his eyes noticing that he was face to face with the evil king of the Shadoulious dragons; Megmemeth. He gasped and began to run but he couldn’t his feet were stuck in a blackish sludge. Megmemeth laughed coldly and watched as Spire slowly died away.

Spire screamed and noticed that he had only been dreaming and he was still in the Crystal Temple with Commandant. He was dripping with sweat and he felt sick. He looked at Commandant for guidance.
    “That was your first test Spire.” Commandant stated.
    “Face your fears Spire or they will never disappear” he continued.
    “Why are you doing this to me?” Spire shrieked.
    “Do not be afraid young dragon, for this is a time to face your fears and look to the light.” Commandant said and pointed to the newly formed pedestal.
    Spire gasped as he noticed that a small part of the Orb of Prosperity had reformed.
    “With each test you pass brings you closer to your goal Spire. If you want to fulfill your destiny and save the world, just follow my instruction and I will help you.” Commandant said.
    “Your training begins now.”

“Well have you made your decision?” Megmemeth shouted at the old elder; Lunar.
    It was midnight and the large group of dragons had gathered at the east gate of the territory.
    “We fight! Not matter what the cost!” Lunar shouted and the Lunarnian dragons yelled and roared with triumph.
    “Very well…” Megmemeth said and swiftly sent a claw through the air and into the old elders heart. Lunar staggered and fell to the ground, dead.
    “We Fight!”

#9 Dec 22, 2009 10:53 PM

KWDzero

Chapter 6- The Awakening

It seemed like hours until Spyro and Oldan arrived at there destination, but when they finally did time seemed to fly by quickly. Spyro followed Oldan into a shrew looking building that was old and broken, as if it hadn’t been used for many years.
Spyro was surprised by how large the building actually was on the inside. It had one long corridor and what once was a polished marble floor.
    “Welcome Oldan” a voice sounded from a door on the left side of the corridor. Soon enough a dragon walked out of the door strangely hunched over, it was probably a birth deformity.
    “Welcome Spyro” the dragon called.
    “How does he know my name?” Spyro thought to himself.
    “My name is Eldon.” the dragon said.
    “Where are Lung Wei and Frogon?” Oldan asked.
    “In the Dragon’s Den, we were waiting for you two.” Eldon said and then nodded his head to the door from which he had exited.
    “Well come now, we must not make waste of our time!” he exclaimed and Spyro and Oldan followed him through the door.
    Through the door was a long winding staircase that was very wide, probably so large creatures like the dragons could fit through. At the end of the staircase was a large cavern with a small fireplace that had been hastily built into the side. It was lit, revealing a table with two dragons around it.
    “Ah Oldan! Eldon! We were just starting the meeting please join us.” A blue-black dragon said from the table.
    “Lung Wei! Please let the guest introduce himself!” called a red dragon from the table, which was probably Lung Wei. He seemed to be talking awkwardly in third person, as if he didn’t know much English. If this dragon was Lung-Wei the blue-black must be Frogon.
    The dragons gathered around the table which apparently was too high for Spyro. They got a stool for him to sit on so he would be at the right height.
    “The court of Elders commences.” Eldon said signifying the meeting to a start. Since he had called the meeting, this must mean he was their leader.
    “Let the guest introduce himself.” Forgon said.
    “I’m Spyro, I don’t exactly know what is going on or why I’m here. I was hoping you could shed some light on that…” Spyro stated.
    “Lung Wei! All will be explained, Eldon? Should you want to proceed?” Lung Wei implied.
    “Very well” Eldon said and sighed.
    “Spyro, you are not like other dragons. You are descended from the great chosen one, the one who fought the darkness and kept it away for millions of years.” Eldon said and Spyro didn’t reply he just stared with astonishment.
    “According the ancient prophecies, history will repeat itself and the darkness will rise again. The only hope we have is finding a hero, one who was descended from he, the great one. He will awaken the ancient power and kill the darkness off forever more.” Eldon said.
    “But how? How do you know I’m a descendant?” Spyro asked intently.
    “The orb… it glows when he is close. The presence of the ancient spirit lingers within you Spyro, it is time we awaken it.” Eldon continued.
    Eldon reached under the table and took out an orb. The orb shined brightly when he placed it near Spyro. Spyro felt a sudden jolt of power causing him to withdraw in agony. The elders looked at one another and nodded. Eldon picked up the orb and Oldan held Spyro in place. Spyro struggled to free himself from the dragons grasp but it was no use. The orb touched Spyro and a sheer wave of cold energy swept over him. He blacked out.

Spyro opened his eyes to find that he was in the middle of a strange desert wasteland, was he dreaming? The wasteland felt real but something about it wasn’t right. All he remembered was that he had been with the elders the last time he was awake, and something had happened but he couldn’t quite remember what. He decided that he should explore and find out were he was. He hopped onto his feet and began to scamper across the hard parched earth.
    For a long time he ran but all he could see was more desolate desert. He had been running for some time now and was about to give up until he saw a figure in the distance. It looked like it was moving but he couldn’t be too sure, the heat tended to play tricks on his eyes. He cautiously walked over to the figure. As he got closer he noticed that it had been moving and now had collapsed onto the ground. It was a dragon! Yes, scrawny and somewhat tired, but it was still a dragon!
    “Hello?” Spyro said in dragon tongue and the dragon struggled to get up. Spyro stepped over and helped the dragon.
    “Spyro…it is good to see you. You give me hope…” the dragon rasped. 
    “What do you mean? Is there any way I can help you?” Spyro asked.
    “There is not much time…I have sent you here to give you a message…find me in the Youtari Desert…our kind…and the fate of all the worlds depend on it.”
    “Who are you?” Spyro asked not stating his confusion about the scrawny dragon’s previous statement.
    “You may know me as Commandant…now go…there is much for you to do before we can meet.” He said and Spyro blacked out.

Spyro opened his eyes to find himself touching an Orb surrounded by dragon elders. Suddenly he felt power rush into him and he began to loose control of his actions. His entire body began to give off a strange glow and he began to rush furiously through the air destroying the furniture in the room.
    “Just as I suspected!” yelled Eldon.  “The spirit has been awakened! Now its rage has filled Spyro!”
    “That’s just great! What do we do now?” Frogon called as he dodged Spyro for about the third time. Spyro then proceeded to crash into an armchair and turn it to a pile of ash.
    “The only thing we can do…wait until his spirit rage wears off which should be only in a matter of minutes.” Eldon said and Spyro crashed through the roof and out into the night sky.
    “LUNG WEI!!! Let’s make sure he doesn’t hurt himself, or anyone else in the mean time!” Lung Wei exclaimed.
    “Your right Lung Wei, well I didn’t want to have to resort to this…but its time.” Eldon said and all four elders began to glow with a bluish aura. They then proceeded in crashing through the roof after Spyro.
    They chased Spyro through the air going at very high speeds. Spyro looked back at them and breathed a giant fireball in there direction. They struggled for a moment in the air but dived out of the way just in time. Spyro began to loose his glow and began to fall into the ocean below but Oldan dived and caught Spyro just before he hit the surface. They were all definitely shaken but nobody was hurt and they began their trek back to the building.

Spyro woke up feeling so tired, as if he had been on the verge of death. He sat up and observed his surroundings. He was in what looked like a nice cozy old fashioned dragon den with grass set on the ground. Just like home. He thought and heard footsteps approaching from the cave entrance. It was Oldan. Oldan walked over to Spyro and set a bag down near him.
    “I brought you breakfast.” He said nudging the bag in Spyro’s direction.
    “Thanks but I’m not very hungry.” Spyro said.
    “Please, eat it will make you feel better.” Oldan insisted and opened the bag proceeding to pour out its contents. Fresh berries and a canteen filled with water. Spyro slowly ate the berries and then looked up to see Oldan was still crouched by him.
    “What happened when I touched the Orb?” Spyro asked and looked at him.
    “You unlocked the Spirit of your ancestor. Now the power of our ancestors runs in your veins.” Oldan said. “You will learn to fully utilize your new powers in time, for now just rest…”
    Spyro yawned and was about to go back to sleep when he remembered a question that had been troubling him.
    “What was that thing that attacked me?” Spyro asked.
    Oldan’s expression went from peaceful to concern worry and dread.
    “Well…if you must know.” Oldan replied.
    “It has many names, but it’s most feared and well known is…” Oldan stopped for a moment and took a deep breath as if it took energy to say the horrid creature’s name.
    “Darkvoid” Oldan said and as if some odd coincidence Spyro heard low rumbling thunder from outside the building.
    “It is known for its trickery and evil throughout the worlds, but it’s true purpose remains a mystery.” The elder continued.
    “Now get some sleep, we have a busy day ahead of us.” He said and left the den.
    Spyro tried to sleep but every time he closed his eyes visions of the desert and the old dragon came to him.

“…find me in the Youtari Desert…our kind…and the fate of all the worlds depend on it.”

A dark figure zoomed through the sky, it had the shape of a small dragon but somehow wasn’t like one at all. The creature zoomed down to a group of caves were he would deliver his message. As he approached the entrance to one of the caves he was greeted with a snort.
    “What takes you long Void of Darkness?” a dark voice called from the shadows of the cave. The creature bowed before its master and began to speak.
    “I am sorry for the delay my lord, I was confronted with something rather unique in the field that I wanted to share with you.” The creature said.
    “Well? What is it!” the voice called.
    “It’s the Spirit my lord, it has been awakened.” The creature exclaimed.
    The other creature slammed a shadowy fist into the ground.
    “I thought the disciples killed all the descendants!” it yelled with fury.
    “Well there is no point in taking it out on me is there? I’m just a simple messenger!” the creature pleaded. The other creature grunted and began to speak.
    “I will not hurt you, in fact I’m appointing you to watch over the young descendant, and kill him when the time is right.” It said and the messenger bowed.
    “I won’t let you down my lord.” It said and flew off.
    “My Disciples! Assemble!” the lord called and seven dark cloaked figures appeared in front of it.
    “We need to take matters into our own hands. The spirit of light has been awakened, and according to the prophecies history is bound to repeat itself, unless we take action before it does!” the lord explained.
    “I need all of you to find more information about this threat, and if needed kill all who oppose you.” It continued and the dark figures slowly nodded and faded away.
    “It is time…” the lord laughed and became one with the darkness once more.

Board footer