Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Sep 05, 2009 4:18 AM

Purple Chronicler
Gems: 0

How hard is Malefor?

I recently played through the game from a completely new profile and when I faced off against Malefor, I found him laughably easy, beating him in only nine minutes using a simple but effective combo (a far cry from the first time I played which took nearly an hour...) even with making some mistakes on the finishing moves. And, so I wondered... how did other people fare? And please be honest.

Excuse me. I seem to have to go destroy another evil. They are just popping out all over the place. First the Zerg, then Voldemort...

#2 Sep 05, 2009 8:08 AM

s'pyromane

Re: How hard is Malefor?

To be honest , I died a LOT of time at the moment where there is the bubble the second time I faced him  (I don't remember about the first time) , even if I know how to hurt him a little before with the weakest move of the game big_smile
Why ?? because I never remember how to use the fury...
that's all , I was from nothing to beat him in one try but I forgot this and died because I didn't remember WHAT to use , and then HOW to use the fury...
about the others parts I did a lot of mistakes and still not die , he should be more challenging and powerful (he can only take the quarter of your life bar (or sometimes the half , but you'll be rarely hit...) most of the time , when he uses a powerful move...) , or stylish , but this battle isn't epic at all...
...so boring for a final battle <_<

#3 Sep 05, 2009 3:47 PM

Purple Chronicler

Boring... only if you don't die every five minutes... The first time I played, I couldn't see the last button to press for one of the finishers (where Spyro and Cynder clamp together and smash Malefore in a ball of dragonn fury from above) and I kept dieing and dieng until I actually saw the last button... <_<  But, despite how easy it is, I like to go and destroy Malefor again, just because I don't like him :-P For me, the thing that I hate when facing him, is the purple meateors that he can hit you with :-| they take a lot of damage if even two hit you... but all his other attacks are pretty easy to avoid.

Excuse me. I seem to have to go destroy another evil. They are just popping out all over the place. First the Zerg, then Voldemort...

#4 Sep 05, 2009 5:49 PM

Spynder42
Website

I think some people exaggerate how easy he was.  But then again it depends on how it was for them... Yeah I think he was pretty easy, I guess there was a little challenge.  He was disappointing.

#5 Sep 05, 2009 6:51 PM

nintendofreak
Gems: 40
Website

Yeah he's deffinitely easy to beat unless you use only level 2 elements then there is somewhat a challenge to beat him.

#6 Sep 05, 2009 10:11 PM

Inferno The Dragon

He's not really very tough, I only died once or twice before defeating him.

#7 Sep 06, 2009 12:43 AM

RedDragonX
Website

A joke of a boss really, I think it would have been fighting a level 8 Jigglypuff on Pokemon.

#8 Sep 06, 2009 7:46 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

If you have Cynder with regenerating-mana armour and max Poison breath then you can literally beat him in seconds...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#9 Sep 06, 2009 11:19 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

....This is like fighting Mundus from the first Devil May Cry.....; easy and hell.

Speaking of that, I realized that Malefor and Mundus are extreamely similar when you fight them.

#10 Sep 14, 2009 10:56 PM

Andy123

The easiest boss battle in the hole spyro history. I did not die once becasue if you keep attacking him from his side he can't hit you.

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#11 Sep 15, 2009 12:56 AM

spyroandcynder4ever

I happen to disagree. He was hard just a little. He wasn't that easy or I would've beaten him in like 10 minutes! Sure it took me a little bit of time to figure that he can't attack you when you hit him from the sides, but still he's not that easy as some say he is.

If you think that you can't do something, don't give up! Have confidence in yourself and things will become easier in the future.

#12 Sep 15, 2009 4:22 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Depends on the gamer you are obviously. If someone develops a bland boss like Malefor was, you can easily predict his moves the first time you run through the game. It was just extremely obvious what he was going to do, and avoiding the attacks was just as simple.

#13 Sep 16, 2009 6:38 AM

DarkMaster

He was pretty hard for me

#14 Sep 16, 2009 10:28 PM

spyroandcynder4ever

He was hard at first but as i got the hang of it, it became a little easier. But the hardest problem i had was keeping alive the entire time!

If you think that you can't do something, don't give up! Have confidence in yourself and things will become easier in the future.

#15 Sep 17, 2009 9:38 AM

Scaily
Website

by far the easyst boss to be honest i was hpoeing for some long fightt hat would be worth the time and skill but gah he was so patheticly weak tha tit literaly made me go WTF!! when i beat him....the end credits came up and i actuly face palmed think wow for the darkmaster he sucked...i went back throught he game and fought all the bosses in order i died ont he destroyer because the chase after the hart dies but hats all...

#16 Sep 17, 2009 7:39 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

First time round, he was a killer. I found him difficult. The only thing that REALLY gave me trouble was the ice shards. A direct hit from them took all my health away, even if full.

But now I have fully upgraded elements and all the red health crystals, he's a lot easier. I only occasionally die now.

#17 Sep 17, 2009 9:08 PM

Scaily
Website

honestly the only reason male even made a decent villian is his plan to destroy the world/create anew 1 he was to easy...but now that i think about it the only part hat even anoyed me was when you have to fight him in the air for the first section of the battle merly due to me not likeing the flight battles as much as ont he ground battles

#18 Oct 06, 2009 11:05 PM

PYROX
Gems: 60
Website

Really, I expected him to be stronger in my opinion..I must say, battling against Gaul in TEN was harder than beating Malefor .. hmm
Heck, Cynder was even harder than Malefor. I3
Anyways, if you avoid his attacks good enough, and fight him directly with the claws and horns attack, he should be a piece of cake wink

#19 Oct 10, 2009 3:12 PM

Miranda Iscar
Website

He wasn't too much of a challenge for me. Got past everything in one try, until he engaged his shield. Couldn't for the life of me remember how to engage Fury, and the stupid manual doesn't tell you either. But after mashing buttons at random, I got it.

His level of difficulty is both good and bad. Bad because he's the final boss, he's supposed to be the toughest enemy in the game but good because, frankly, after facing off with the elite enemies, I'd had quite enough of frustratingly tough opponents, thank you very much.

#20 Oct 10, 2009 4:00 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

He was hard enough for me. When I found good tactic (use only fury (nuke) and horn atack) he wasn't that hard.

#21 Oct 10, 2009 4:20 PM

spyroandcynder4ever

Survival against him was difficult. I couldn't find a groove to get into. Eventually i did and it took almost forever just to get past one part of defeating him.

#22 Oct 13, 2009 9:55 AM

Cyriltheiceguardian

He took me 10 minuts to defeat and only died twice because of pressing wrong buttons in the death scenes. His far more entertaining to fight on the DS version. Same goes for the other bosses, who was also a piece of cake in my oponion.

Cyriltheiceguardian in the house, so hide the children!

#23 Oct 16, 2009 8:41 PM

Blaze the Dragon

To say that Malefor is difficult would be a blatant lie. The waves of enemies in The Burned Lands to get that piece of armor for Spyro are more difficult. And so are several of the Elite enemies.

#24 Oct 16, 2009 11:34 PM

darkshadow

took me like 3 try's but i beat  him

#25 Oct 19, 2009 6:47 AM

Cyriltheiceguardian

Cyriltheiceguardian in the house, so hide the children!

Board footer