You are not logged in.

#26 Aug 15, 2009 8:05 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon
Gems: 0

Re: What Would You Change

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#27 Aug 15, 2009 3:37 PM

Sora
Website

I would've brought Krome back to the project.
Weren't they already half way through, anyway?
Then hopefully there wouldn't be so many plot holes, Cynder wouldn't be a Mary Sue, Malefor would actually be SCARY and you could understand his voice without subtitles, the game itself wouldn't be so fugging short, etc. I also would've kicked Activision out, because they just suck when it comes to games.

#28 Aug 17, 2009 2:51 AM

Spynder42
Website

That huge paragraph is kind of hard on the eyes... *rubs eyes* but anyways,
I agree with what everyone said.  I think Malefor should have just been completely different and that he was just a wimpy dragon, nothing special.  I also think the flying could have been improved.  I loved playing 2 player with Cynder, though.  Tons of fun.

As for Ignitus' death, EVERYONE saw it coming, and it wasn't even sad enough, or long enough.  Give him something more, he was an awesome character...

#29 Aug 18, 2009 2:29 AM

Blaze the Dragon

#30 Aug 18, 2009 6:46 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Again, WHY didn't they just fly over the flames? It was hardly a sacrifice!

Yeah, if two dragons could beat Malefor that easily (*cough* Crap boss battle...*cough) he couldn't have been that strong and OMG! FEAR HIM!!!1!!!1. Gaul's battle was harder than his...

#31 Aug 18, 2009 1:54 PM

Blaze the Dragon

They couldn't fly because from their perspective, since it's their world, the flames roared higher than they could fly safely. The air would eventually get too thin and they wouldn't be able to breathe. The lack of oxygen flowing to their brain could potentially send them into a spiral downwards as they lose control, into the flames, where all three would perish. But really, as I've said multiple times, that was no sacrifice. It was done, yes for selfless reasons, but also for selfish ones. Because he wanted to 'make up for his failures' which again, as I've said, shouldn't be considered failures. None of the Guardians could have foreseen the raid on the temple (remember, the vision pool's ability to see into the future or to see what Ignitus wishes only happens on occasion).

None of them could have foreseen what happened at the Mountain of Malefor. The others have already 'forgiven' Ignitus, he should have been able to do the same for himself considering his wisdom. A sacrifice is an act of giving something up for purely selfless reasons, not a mix of selfless and selfish reasons. Ignitus could simply have turned back as Spyro suggested. Regained his energy; energy is regained as quickly as it is lost, according to the Laws of Preservation of Energy. Instead they just stood still and talked, which would cause the barrier to drain even more of his energy.

As I said, poorly executed and not very well thought out. Common sense was essentially destroyed in this game's plot.

#32 Aug 18, 2009 5:41 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

...The flames couldn't have been THAT high...:/ And besides, even if they were, couldn't Cyril have tried to make them smaller with his ice breath? The heat flames would probably turn the ice into water just before they hit. Bingo.

And was there a roof in Malefor's lair?

#33 Aug 18, 2009 7:13 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Malefor's Lair at the end of DotD is the temple. And since it was destroyed, that means the Guardians need a new home. And it's a magical/supernatural fire. Cyril wouldn't have enough energy to douse the flames even if it was possible for them to be extinguished.

#34 Aug 19, 2009 6:57 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

I was just wondering if it had a roof... When Spyro entered it looked like it had a roof but Malefor flew up it, no problem.

We don't know that it's magical or supernatural. All we know is that some giant toad who's hardly the most intimidating of creatures has gone around the world and left a trail of fire like a bloody slug.

#35 Aug 19, 2009 8:59 AM

Akon

Seeing as how Spyro and Cynder could fly and breathe all the way up on the floating isles, I think they should have been able to fly over the fire without suffocating. If Ignitus had to die in this game, it should have been from something else.

I don't know if there was a roof in Malefor's lair, but if there was, perhaps a hole was busted into it or something.

#36 Aug 19, 2009 10:00 AM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

The roof in Malefor's lair looked like a skylight to me.

And I also think that it was kinda ironic that Iggy was killed by his own element...  :-| I thought before the release that if he (or anyone) was gonna die, Malefor would've killed them.

#37 Aug 19, 2009 6:32 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

@akon: Exactly. It was dumb!

I was just wondering how he flre through the roof, that's all...at least Cynder had the decency to break the glass as she did so...

#38 Aug 20, 2009 12:43 AM

Blaze the Dragon

#39 Aug 20, 2009 2:07 AM

Andy123

ok guys its a video game. They did that to make the story and game longer. Not everything is going to be scientificly corect.  wink

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#40 Aug 20, 2009 6:44 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

There's a different between 'scientifically correct' and just plain dumb...

#41 Nov 14, 2009 12:12 AM

VortexDragon

The Nerd half of my brain says Rematerialization/ cloister bell sound effects on that final shot of the planet falling apart.

The Writer side says better ending

Captain logic says consistant voices for Sparxs and Cynder

The Email said this "So Long, And thanks for all the sheep"

#42 Nov 14, 2009 9:07 AM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

That last sentence was very good, sir.
Cynder and Sparx's voices are lame.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#43 Nov 14, 2009 1:44 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

I would change a LOT of things.

spyro cynder and sparks remain kinds. They were in a TIME crystal after all.

Hunter to be a rogue and more badass

Cynder to be more sorry for her past. When chief prowless came and pointed at her she just gave him evils.

Cynder to have her old personality. I think El wanted her to be more like the bratty teenager so she would relate to us more but they failed at it...EPICLY!!!

The guardians to have more lines.

malefor to be a dark master who wants to rule the world not destroy it. It was pointless to have him all "I’m following my destiny to destroy the world with me on it!" type guy. such a thing was pointless and clesaie.

Malefor to be shown more. We saw him in Ten in the pictures. No need to keep him in the dark any longer.

More of the chronicler TeN was all about hunting for him; why not keep him in the light a bit.

Spyro and Cynder to fall in love in stages. It was just out of the blue that Cynder suddenly "loves" Spyro.

Better free flight. It was not free flight it was just to restricted.

Better time keeping. I find it hard to believe malefor was defeated two days after Spyro and Cynder were free.

More remorse about the past. They were trapped for 3 years and they don’t even seem at all bother about it >_<

No more plot holes. Fill in the gaps

Bring back Krome.

Make more original characters. Chief prowless..ohh just an over re-skin of Kain.

Free roam. It would be so much better to just be dumped in a whole world to explore...like Oblivion

Dark Spyro and Cynder to actually do something. If you’re going to make their designs at least let us see more of them (at the most let us be them)

#44 Nov 14, 2009 5:43 PM

S240sx24

I say give EL 1 more chance since they were rushed to make Dotd since sierra decided on changing game designers. graphics in EL were so beautiful in the game if they would had more time with the game i'd bet we all would think a bit differently. the plot holes yeah there were alot, but i don't care much about plot holes i just play the game, i just like the fact that spyros fighting got way better than glide & scorch.

#45 Nov 14, 2009 5:56 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

#46 Nov 14, 2009 6:25 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

I would rewrite the game. Now we have rabid SxC fantards who draw rule 34 of them like they have no lives. OH wait, was that too close to being correct? LEt's not forget the storyline that makes me feel a bit better about the author of Eragon. (and if you don't know me, I despise the plot and characters of Eragon)

#47 Nov 14, 2009 6:37 PM

S240sx24

& yet people don't get it. krome was originally suppose to make dotd but sierra decided to change in middle of all it & EL took over kind of late. if they had more time then the game would have been better. graphics wise was great if u have PS2 then they are ok but on the PS3 it looks really good, i think what EL focused on was graphics & sound & they focused on that so much that the rest of the game fell flat to others remember sierra choose EL cause they were impressed on how they made aurther & the invisibles game or something like that so they had to look good infront of sierra & activision also considering they had to make the game on short notice, so they really didn't have much time to work with & incorporate much of their ideas too while making it perfect, when something is rushed its never good.

#48 Nov 14, 2009 6:52 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Where do graphics deal with THE GAME BEING THE SAME THING AS LORD OF THE RINGS?

#49 Nov 14, 2009 7:06 PM

S240sx24

nothing, but sierra & activision chose for the game to be this way epic wise. i was just saying that this they felt the pressure to make the graphics great that might be a reason why the game felt rushed & the fact they had to make the game on how sierra & activision wanted it, but i don't know why people hate dotd cause it seems to familiar to lord of the rings, i just play the game cause it has spyro in it, what got me to get the game was the combat, finally spyro did moves other than the classic glide & scorch, yeah it could be improved so much, but i see this as a gain, why cause activision can really only go forward & improve so much unless they turn spyro into a mario game like spyro kart or something like that. i think the next game is going to be much better than dotd.

#50 Nov 14, 2009 10:32 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

I wish that TLoS had never been made. All it is is a cliche LotR ripoff trilogy with SPYRO slapped on it to get attention. If it wasn't for that then the game would be down in the dumps

Board footer