Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul 30, 2009 7:15 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon
Gems: 0

What Would You Change

If you could magically go back in time and change DotD, what would you change?

I think the free-flight could have been improved...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#2 Jul 30, 2009 7:31 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

Re: What Would You Change

I was hoping that you could go higher and lower in the air as you wanted to, but the free-flight wasn't that bad. Quite fun actually.  smile

I would've removed all those annoying plotholes though. And taken that constant smirk off Iggy's face.

#3 Jul 30, 2009 8:07 PM

Blaze the Dragon

I would've scratched Ignitus' death. I mean really, there were enough clichés as it was. That one was my least favorite. He was tied with Spyro and Cynder as my favorite character. And that whole 'sacrifice' wasn't a sacrifice at all; there were selfish motivations behind it. He wanted to clear his own conscience about 'failures' that weren't failures in any way. No one could have prevented the siege on the temple, no one could have prevented what happened to Cynder, and no one could have prevented what occurred at the Mountain of Malefor.

#4 Jul 30, 2009 11:21 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

I would have kept the original designs and kept Cynder emo.

#5 Jul 31, 2009 4:51 AM

DarkMaster

i think that DotD was fine, but that is just my opinion

#6 Jul 31, 2009 5:50 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

I would change Spyro and Cynder's design back to little dragons, and make the game a little longer to fill in any missing dialogue that were originally going to be in the game.

#7 Jul 31, 2009 7:25 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Yeah, I didn't understand Ignitus' 'sacrifice'. Why couldn't then have just flown over the flames?

#8 Jul 31, 2009 1:13 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

#9 Jul 31, 2009 1:24 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

And they didn't even develop teeth, except for Spyro and Cynder! When Ignitus opened his mouth to summon the bubble-thingy his teeth were just a straight ridge...same with Malefor when he laughed!

#10 Jul 31, 2009 4:32 PM

Cokuruscana
Website

#11 Aug 01, 2009 6:34 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

X3

Same! Doing that caused a massive plot-hole - as well as many people obsessing over Cynder's appearance. To be honest, I think they should have kept the bracers when she was defeated; they seemed to vanish into thin air lol. But I suppose the bracers and choker symbollised Malefor's hold on her or something lol.

I noticed that he was much more arrogant too. When Cynder said "I'm scared", little Spyro would have said something like "It's OK, Cynder. I'm here for you" instead of arrogantly commenting "Just stay close to me". Also, didn't Cynder turn on Spyro in front of Gaul in the Eternal Night? Spyro didn't immediately fight back, but he didn't just lay there and shield himself either. He stood up, as if he were going to fight if he had to. Nearly the same thing happened in DotD, and look at the reaction!

I know! I HATED her personality. She went from emo to prep! Seriously, since when did Cynder say, "Ugh, what is your PROBLEM?" And WHY didn't Ignitus and the others just fly over the flames? They wasn't in a room; they were in open land, and the flames couldn't have reached up into the sky forever. Or they could have just flown round!

Yup. DotD was really, really cliche'. Everybody could see that Ignitus would die saving Spyro and that Cynder would end up loving him.

#12 Aug 02, 2009 10:31 AM

Sethisto

longer, Cynder side mission, more twilight falls

#13 Aug 03, 2009 3:08 AM

Blaze the Dragon

To answer your point about Cynder turning on Spyro in front of Gaul, Scarlett-Fear-Dragon; it was an act. Spyro knew it and played along. However in DotD, when Malefor unlocked Cynder's darkness again, Spyro had already lost one of the people closest to him, and he thought he'd lost her too, which made him lose the will to fight back.

And Spyro saying "Just stay close to me" isn't exactly arrogant. He's telling her to stay close, giving her a sense of relief by implying that he'll always be there with her, that he'll be close by her side.

#14 Aug 04, 2009 7:40 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Yes, I know it was an act, but Spyro didn't know that, did he? The reactions to both were different; in TEN, he looked as if he might fight her, whereas in DotD, he looked as if he might just give up.

He did other arrogant things too...

Is it me, or is TLoS Spyro a cliche?

#15 Aug 04, 2009 8:26 AM

Sethisto

I never liked spyro in tlos.  whiny emo kid.  Cynder has been through a ton more

#16 Aug 04, 2009 9:59 AM

Akon

#17 Aug 05, 2009 9:25 PM

Blaze the Dragon

#18 Aug 06, 2009 12:20 AM

grievous16

Nothing needs to be changed.

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#19 Aug 12, 2009 2:25 AM

Sora
Website

Bad game. But I have fun because I always play it two player. ^^

#20 Aug 12, 2009 5:46 PM

Andy123

I would have made flight more free, able to go higher and over trees. Get rid of the scene in the Dragon city where the building blocks the path and spyro says "Instead of easily flying over this structure since we have wings we are going to go all the way around it fighting numerous enemys and saving 4 moles from a fire when we can just gab them with our talons and get them out or use my ice. I would not make the grumplets come out of the ground, make them come out of bushes, trees, out of boundries, ect. make twilight falls much longer. make the cheetah village a chetah city with a huge army. Spyro and cynder fight with da chetah leader when he is in a small hunting agaisnt grumplets then go and find medow. Avalar would be a truly massive place near the city farms and small houses farther away wild. I would make spyro's wings more realistic and a little bigger. I would get rid of cynder's 3 back of head horns and make her wings bigger. Like I said they go straight to the walls. I would make the army of grumplets look more like actual beings instead of waving bushes, thats what they look like from the walls. get rid of the cannon and replace them with catapults(more than one) and you do not have to protect them. Keep the seige tows put get rid of the build in canons and make catapults on the ground. make many mole wariors on the walls some with sords and some with bows. make grumplets attack the walls from those flying things, LADDERS, and siege towers. the moles help by killing gruplets and the moles can die. make like moles screaming when they are killed and make them thrown of the walls or laid where they died. Then they get go to the gates and they are broken. Then it is a fall back to the keep senerio like the lord of the rings XD. They fight there way back to the keep and await sertain death when the RIDERS OF ROHAN COME ON TH....oops I mean the chetah city army and warriors from surounding vilages  come and batle the forces outside the broken gates. S&C, the gardians, and other dragons fly out and atack the gruplets from above. That is a new chapeter. Then the golem comes an S&C kill it, but they do it outside the city. I frogot to say this but sparx's voice is billy west, spyro and cynder age, and thier new bodies come as a shock to spyro and cynder in the begining. and the part where spyro changes to dark spyro his voice is more "I *bleep*ed myself". Da dark masta's body is the same but his voice is more like "Holy *bleep* I pooped myself and I will now have nightmares for the rest of my life" Dark cynder is scary and all shes says is "Fight back" spyro respons "No, because you left me nothing to fight for". Then dark cynders screams and them she changes back and say "Thiers always something to fight for" They go to fight the dark master but he is super hard to beat and it takes 50,000 tries. Then the rest goes how it did

whew tell me if I missed anything and I'll...I'll   :explode:

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#21 Aug 14, 2009 1:59 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Uh... just a small suggestion Andy123: you might want to separate your changes into separate paragraphs, as block paragraphs have a tendency to make a reader's eyes weary. And some of the things that you would have the characters say are... well, out of character. And we REALLY don't need Avalar being a city and be like the Riders of Rohan; there are already too many similarities between DotD and LotR as it is.

#22 Aug 14, 2009 7:11 PM

Andy123

for your first question get glasses  :*bleep*in: .
for your second your right about cynder should stay how it is. that is the only change in sayings that I make. if you are talking about the dark people I mean thier voices should mke little children cry.
and for your third, I mean for avalar to be a massive VALLEY and the hude city at the northern tip. outside the walla thier are farms and some small vilages and farther down south it is wilderness. C&S should help the cheetah leader when he is out in a hunting group. then they go to the city then they go back to find medow. And I really do not see any similarities between spyro and the lord of the rings exept Elijah Wood plays froto in the movie. but it would be cool if the riders of rohan came to save the day  smile

Atra esterni ono theluin. Atra gulia un ilian tauthr ono un atra ono waise sholiro fra rauthr. Orothrim malthinae ono.

#23 Aug 15, 2009 1:51 AM

Blaze the Dragon

#24 Aug 15, 2009 2:04 AM

Andy123

hunter=legalos sparx=marry/pippin Gual=Saruman   XD

HOW DOES THIS MAKE YOUR EYES SORE. IT DOES NOT MAKE MINE. AND ALSO YOU CAN LINK THE LORD OF THE RINGS TO ANY OTHER HERO VILLIAN STORY OUT THERE.

#25 Aug 15, 2009 4:11 AM

Blaze the Dragon

An eyesore is something that is unsightly, a displeasing sight. It doesn't necessarily have to hurt one's eyes; it's just something people neither like nor want to see. Like, for example, a post in all capital letters (which is against the rules here) or one long paragraph.

Board footer