Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jul 13, 2009 2:02 AM

Rurikredwolf
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Re: Anyone NOT like DotD?

As I said before, DotD makes me want to cut myself with a dull knife while watching Meatspin. It was TERRIBLE. Absolutly TERRIBLE. Fast paced, whcih is never good. Plotholes and clitche's galor....

#27 Jul 13, 2009 4:21 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

Especially with an in-experienced voice actor voicing Cynder, didn't put any emotion in some parts of the game, especially after Ignitus sacrifices himself in the console versions and tried to stop and calm Spyro down. Have you guys heard her voice in the DS version of DotD? She sounded so emotionless when they were near the Floating Islands level, almost like a drone.

#28 Jul 13, 2009 6:04 AM

Neotyguy40

#29 Jul 13, 2009 1:20 PM

LightHolyDragon

who what we can or can't Not Like
But Spyro Dawn of The Dragon is Amazing so Amazing
there should keep The Stuff From Dawn of the Dragon let Fly at anytime Co-op and Element and more to the Game play
and add than to a future Spyro Game

#30 Jul 13, 2009 3:49 PM

Cadc

Spyro Fan Forever

#31 Jul 13, 2009 5:11 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Really? Then why did she have more emotion in TEN when she had LESS TIME to adapt to being around people? Compare the voices from after Spyro was dark in TEN to after he was dark in DotD. Then you might change your mind...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#32 Jul 13, 2009 5:21 PM

Cadc

I've played the entire series

Dark Spyro was something Not even Cynder had seen before in Ten, I think she was more frightened than anything else.

In Dotd, atleast she knew what she was dealing with this time, and stayed calm in order to calm him down and bring sense back to spyro

Spyro Fan Forever

#33 Jul 13, 2009 5:29 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Yet she was still kind of harsh. Ignitus expressed severe remorse at having 'failed' her in ANB. And Spyro was really close to him. One would think that she'd be more affected by Ignitus' 'sacrifice' (again, I don't consider it a sacrifice) and sympathetic towards Spyro. As opposed to saying "Spyro... let it go." I mean, he lost someone who was like a father to him, before his very eyes, and she's telling him to just 'let it go'? That's absolutely callous!

#34 Jul 13, 2009 5:43 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Neoguy, if you mean excellent gameplay, you mean EXACTLY COPIED FROM GOD OF WAR, RIGHT!? Which is a much better game

#35 Jul 13, 2009 6:26 PM

LightHolyDragon

i love both Dawn of the Dragon And God of War all the same
but what the next God of War rid off Kingdom Heart 3
i can see it now
but i Love Spyro Dawn of the Dragon all the same

#36 Jul 13, 2009 8:38 PM

Cadc

Spyro Fan Forever

#37 Jul 14, 2009 1:36 AM

RedDragonX
Website

You can interpret this either way...so it doesn't really matter what you think. People who love the game will say that the voice acting was perfect because it demonstrated the Cynder was still getting use to finally having free emotions to an extent....and the haters will just say that she was horrible and has no voice talent at all.

It could be either reason but none of us will know for sure. Personally I think that Ricci had a good voice for the part....but she could have been much better with how she played things out.

#38 Jul 14, 2009 2:48 PM

LightHolyDragon

o.k. Spyro Dawn of The Dragon is The number one Spyro Game of all time it still get a 10/10 and fav
who having think this game is awesome need to play the game or they are just being stupid for not seeing that but all well

#39 Jul 14, 2009 3:37 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Oh, so you're saying that the people who don't like DotD are stupid now? Really now, you need to choose your words more carefully LightHolyDragon. You'll end up offending a lot of members on this forum, myself included. It wasn't abyssmal, but it wasn't fantastic. I've played much better Spyro games. The Insomniac series was better than DotD, and so were ANB and TEN.

#40 Jul 14, 2009 3:43 PM

Cadc

^ just for the record, your signature is no longer an egg XD

Spyro Fan Forever

#41 Jul 16, 2009 6:33 AM

Wyndon_Torque
Website

The... freakin'... GRPHICS!

Drove me ABSOLUTELY NUTS ON ps2! The graphics are pretty ok on ps3, but MAN! WTF, ps2?

Ares were entirely oversaturated with light, everything had this blinding glow, when slying these annoying light trails came off the character. It was horrid! BLINDING!

#42 Jul 16, 2009 7:59 AM

Akon

I felt the graphics were great on all systems. I liked the game, but I feel the plot and voice acting could have been a lot better.

#43 Jul 16, 2009 11:18 AM

Blaze the Dragon

#44 Jul 18, 2009 12:02 PM

Sethisto

Honestly I liked Cynders VO.  I admit, the first time through the game, she came off as pretty awkward.  Some of the things she says don't really fit.  But my 10th or so time through, she seemed more normal.

#45 Jul 19, 2009 11:30 AM

Akon

Yeah, voice acting seemed like my biggest problem with the game. I felt that the voices fit the characters well, but there was little to no emotion from any of them.

#46 Jul 19, 2009 5:57 PM

Cadc

^ Rawr, I already explained why XD

Spyro Fan Forever

#47 Jul 26, 2009 11:29 PM

UK the white wolf
Website

I didn't really like it all too much.  hmm

Sure it was fun to have a new Spyro game to play but I guess I just miss the old-style of having a load of different worlds to visit inside other larger worlds.

The free-flying wasn't really free flying, Spyro and Cynder could only fly so high. It was basically just infinite-glide.

The worlds, even the ones I thought would be pretty good for exploring like Valley of Avalar, weren't. It was pretty much "go to place-complete missions-move on" rather than the older style of exploring the whole level to find everything, hidden caves and areas with gems and other goodies.
It just felt too enclosed.
The same went for the Dragon City, I got quite excited with the name of the place but once again, it felt just too small and too focused.

I wasn't totally impressed with Cynder being constantly there either, the number of time she got stuck (or Spyro, depending on who I felt like playing as) under neath where I was trying to go and dragged me back/down. I much prefer the idea of having some worlds where you can only play as Cynder/another character or the oppurtunity to chose who to play a world/level as.

The other thing that bugged me slightly was the fact that apparently Hunter had never met Spyro before?  hmm
I liked Hunter's new design but not that fact.
I also still didn't Spyro's design, I much prefer old Spyro.

#48 Jul 27, 2009 3:30 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well everyone will have different tastes....but seeing as how this is a different universe it's no wonder that Spyro and Hunter have not met before.

Anyways the game itself was mostly meant to appeal to the diehard fans who wanted to see the whole Spyro/Cynder relationship and such and it was much too rushed and cliched.

Sad really since it had the chance to be so much more...but that's what you get when you push something through without taking much time to develop ideas.

#49 Jul 27, 2009 10:36 AM

Blaze the Dragon

#50 Jul 28, 2009 11:29 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Wow, I get what she means! I suppose, but Spyro IS Spyro...even though there's different characters and universes, Spyro is always Spyro, and without him TLoS would never exist.

Heh, I wonder what ANB would have been like if Cynder was Ember? "A terrifying pink dragon that fills the skies with terror...' XD

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

Board footer