Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jun 03, 2009 9:19 PM

Rurikredwolf
Gems: 0
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Anyone NOT like DotD?

This is not a Flame topic or one where you randomly insult someone for not liking the game. Doing so will get you flamed and a reported post.

Personally, I despise DotD to the point of suicide. This game was a green light to all the SxC supporters and now there is 50 billion topics of Cynder. GROW UP AND MAKE ORIGINALITY PLZ...ahem, sorry.

They made all of the characters sues (Mostly Spyro and Cynder. Spyro was a naive and protective person; Now he is the sterotypical macho superhero. Cynder turned from Emo and untrusting to Preppy little....)

Meh, that's all I can really say for now without exploding.

(Mods, if you feel the need to lock/delete topic, do so.)

#2 Jun 03, 2009 9:22 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Re: Anyone NOT like DotD?

Just asking a question honestly so their is no reason to get rid of it. No flame wars please.

#3 Jul 09, 2009 5:40 PM

grievous16

(being calm) I think is the best game I have ever played. smile

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#4 Jul 10, 2009 2:29 PM

nintendofreak
Gems: 40
Website

The ONLY thing i don't like about it is when it crashes other than that its 1 of my favorite wii games.

#5 Jul 10, 2009 10:20 PM

grievous16

How does it crash? hmm   Just asking is all.

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#6 Jul 11, 2009 1:19 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Once in awhile the PS3 version of DotD is prone to crashes.

#7 Jul 11, 2009 5:08 AM

Kipeci

It's just overly bland.  It's not terrible in a way that playing it is painful or anything, it just feels like you're sucking youth and energy that can be spent more constructively into a black hole.
Admittedly, that's what happens with video games anyway, but they could have tried to make it fun to mask that, instead of a drama  and cliche fest with little coherence.

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

#8 Jul 11, 2009 2:07 PM

nintendofreak
Gems: 40
Website

#9 Jul 11, 2009 4:02 PM

grievous16

I have it on the PS2 but I don't share the same problem. In fact, it never froze up on me at all since I got the game a few months ago. hmm

#10 Jul 11, 2009 7:13 PM

Cadc

I own the Wii version, and it never crashed on me :*bleep*in:

I like the classics and the legend series Equally

well.... more the legend series actually, Better graphics, better storytelling, more involved (more on the Wii version wink ), and overall, more badass :*bleep*in:

what's there not to love?  big_smile

Spyro Fan Forever

#11 Jul 11, 2009 7:45 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

Huh, I posted a thread with the exact same name on Activision and the mod went mad and locked it...

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#12 Jul 11, 2009 7:59 PM

Cadc

Rofl, I find that to be quite hilarious actually roll

Spyro Fan Forever

#13 Jul 12, 2009 12:08 AM

RedDragonX
Website

DotD is fine for what it is in keeping fans happy and such but I give it about a 5.5/10 mostly lacking in overall creativity and general intelligence.

#14 Jul 12, 2009 6:03 AM

Neotyguy40

They had good gameplay, with the platforming, the free flight, etc.

But it was sort of rushed. The storyline was lacking because of that and it may have been the reason it was too short...

Overall, 10/10 for gameplay, 7/10 for length, and 5/10 for storyline.

7.25/10

#15 Jul 12, 2009 9:00 AM

Sethisto

Loved it! but you already know that, and why.

#16 Jul 12, 2009 11:40 AM

Blaze the Dragon

I wasn't too thrilled with it, after playing it. At least ANB and TEN had some sort of original aspects to it. The Night of Eternal Darkness for one and Dragon Time, among other things. This is literally what I was thinking as I played DotD: "Done already. Done already. Done already. Oh hey, that's new! Wait, never mind, that's been done already too" and it would basically repeat over and over throughout the game.

There were also serious continuity errors, as we've all noticed. Like the fact that Spyro and Cynder aged when they were frozen in time. How Grublins found Spyro and Cynder in the crystal, when the still picture after the credits of TEN made it clear that Hunter found them first. Cynder regaining her iron "jewelry" which I see as shackles, actually. Malefor's goals being changed: Ignitus said in ANB that if the Dark Master was freed, darkness would fall on the world, implying world domination. In DotD, however, Malefor's arguably made out to be insane and nihilistic, with goals of total destruction and carrying out the "great-cleansing" as all other purple dragons have done. Which is in fact not true: if the world was destroyed several times in the past, how could there be so much knowledge remaining in the Chronicler's sanctuary? It would've been destroyed like everything else. As would the lore of a purple dragon being born once every ten generations.

The gameplay also left much to be desired. When it wasn't ridiculously easy, it was frustratingly difficult (the elite enemy in Valley of Avalar, the waves of enemies in Burned Lands to get the piece of armor for Spyro). Plot was also rather... I don't know, sort of like a mix-and-match. Too many things that had been done by previous authors, movie producers and game writers. And far too many clichés. The most irksome, to me, was Ignitus' 'sacrificial' death. That was no sacrifice, there were selfish motives behind it. Wanting to make up for his 'failures' of the past, which shouldn't be considered failures at all as no one could have seen them coming, not even the Chronicler. Ergo, his 'sacrifice' wasn't a sacrifice at all.

#17 Jul 12, 2009 2:19 PM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

..........I AGREE WITHH YOU 100%! big_smile

About the crystal...I was wondering...

How could a 1-foot Grublin break a 10-foot crystal with his 2-inch club? I didn't get that part.

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#18 Jul 12, 2009 6:25 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

The Grublin probably just struck the time crystal to break them free. But the crystal reacted to the blow and started breaking apart by itself, reflecting some of Spyro and Cynder's dialogue at the end of TEN before they were frozen in time, then it shattered and released Spyro and Cynder from their 3 year sleep.

And I don't see why EL changed Spyro and Cynder's designs to make them teens. It would make much more sense to let them remain little dragons, until the end of the trilogy without any plotholes.

#19 Jul 12, 2009 8:50 PM

LightHolyDragon

you got to be stupid not to love this game
i give Spyro Dawn of The Dragon a 10/10
my favorite Spyro Game ever

#20 Jul 12, 2009 9:26 PM

Kipeci

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

#21 Jul 12, 2009 10:52 PM

grievous16

#22 Jul 12, 2009 11:44 PM

RedDragonX
Website

#23 Jul 13, 2009 12:42 AM

Blaze the Dragon

ANB and TEN were just better, in my opinion. They had original things in them, at least. DotD was just one rip-off/cliché after another. So, Grievous, I agree with RDX on this: you need to stop trying to start flame wars. It is getting kind of annoying. And really, the people who don't like DotD can't have an opinion? That's absurd. Those who don't love DotD have just as much right to be on this forum as those who do love DotD.

#24 Jul 13, 2009 1:14 AM

Cadc

Spyro Fan Forever

#25 Jul 13, 2009 1:38 AM

LightHolyDragon

Board footer