Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 May 18, 2009 9:35 AM

Spyro Volcanix
Gems: 0
Website

Re: Chains of Chaos

'Ah! Some form of intermediate intelegance, and possiblly free will.' Lance thought, pondering over the issue. 'He can see me partially, so time to step it up a knotch!' He reached further into the evolved lizard's mind, searching for memories of past events. But Lance could not see the memories of the being, nor could he choose which one he projected, he could only choose how deep he went into the mind of he other. Lance pulled up a random memory, projected it, and hoped for the best.

Signature update... there's nothing to change...

#52 May 18, 2009 11:43 AM

Kipeci

What? the Liitalo thought.

Why am I thinking about that now?  I need to focus on... something else.

For the memory that was brought up was his half-heartedly funning around with that younger Liitalo... The one who had accidentlally caused him to unleash his 'gift' of fire, and burn down a part of his village.  Uncomfortably, Reevan also remembered that this particular instance just so happened to be right before when he was tackle, and as for the rest, he had dwelled on it for quite a while.

"No use stumbling around in the past..." Reevan muttered.

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

#53 May 18, 2009 1:09 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Petalance was busy sensing them all, it was hard to keep track of all of them when they were all running about and with the heavy rain on the ground complicating things....
That's when she realised that one of them was right in front of her. She came out of her self-induced kind of trance with a start and blindly ran into the table next to her, she crashed into it with her chest and knocked the stone structure over, causing it to smash on the floor. Petalance blinked through all the dust that it threw up, she'd forgotten where she was for a second there.

"I'd pay for that if the place wasn't deserted and I had money...." She mumbled out loud before she remembered again that someone was stood in the entrance. She tucked in her wings submissively and lowered her head, to protect her neck just in case. "Who are you?" She asked in as brave of a voice as she could muster.

#54 May 18, 2009 7:34 PM

Rask

#55 May 19, 2009 10:21 AM

Spyro Volcanix
Website

'And now, for you to re-experience it' Lance thought, his piercing red eyes glowing as he re-vamped his powers, so for now, his invisibility would de-activate, but the creature would not be able to see him through the memory. 'heh, the fun part is soon, the reaction.' Lance watched closely 'I love it when they don't get what's happening as their memories play realisticaly around them... Although sometimes I probably make it a bit too realistic, some have died of heart attacks... But then again, those were just small creatures...'

#56 May 19, 2009 1:58 PM

RedDragonX
Website

(@Rask..yes you can join just make sure you remain true to your character and to the storyline. Other then that you're all good big_smile)

Arus peered through the doorway. The signal was at its highpoint, and he was quite sure that whoever it was was watching him at this very second. It didn't take long for a female voice to break through the air. Brave but shaky at the same time, he could easily tell that she was nervous.

"Reveal yourself first, then perhaps I shall reveal myself to you." clarified Arus into the darkened room. He could feel emotions rising...it was time to clear things up a bit.

#57 May 19, 2009 7:23 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

After a couple of seconds to consider what the dragon in front of her had just said she decided that if he was going to attack her, then he would have done so already. This reasoning washing away most of her fear she walked towards the entrance a bit, so that he could see her. At the same time that he could probably see her, she saw him, a black dragon. She tilted her head to one side as she studied him, but said nothing as she decided to let him speak first.

#58 May 19, 2009 10:16 PM

Kipeci

It was simple, yet cruel.

The dragon, projecting Reevan's memories, would have the interest of seeing the Liitalo lean over in suprise, right before he appeared to suddenly lean forward, retching, and spewed out a small glob of sickly, greenish fire, then watch his eyes grow wider in shock and horror.

For Reevan, it was a much nastier business.

No sooner had he found himself in a village of his own- one he had so long been looking for- than he had recognized the little saurian jumping up to him and tagging his head in just the right place.

Immediately, through reflexive action, he spat up a glob of the flame that had made him famous in his village, right on his own hut.  Sitting stunned, as before, he watched as the fire spread quickly, burning out his business and life before spreading to others.

Watching with some sense of muddled confusion, and genuine fear and horror, he experienced for the second time the shrieks and cries of the villagers he had known as his neighbors start and increase as the flames quickly lept from one hut to another; with roofs of dry straw, and the huts having wide-brimmed roofs, there was no chance for many of their homes.  All would happen exactly as it had in real life.

As the memories faded, however, and the real fire burning in front of him became his focus point, he began to show signs of extreme anger, and fear.  The Liitalo now had a great suspicion of what was happening.

Before, he had heard tell of and seen creatures with the ability to pierce minds, and turn the victim's memories against them.  However, Reevan had never experienced one such assault himself.

Growling, he demanded, "Where are you?  WHERE!?"

#59 May 20, 2009 12:10 AM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Zyrnoth found the black dragon and the dragoness...but stayed in the shadows, watching their conversation. That was, of course, until the ledge he was on broke and another loud noise followed; However, he was dazed and couldn't exactly move as one of the the things has struck the device on his chest.

#60 May 20, 2009 2:54 AM

Rask

Pearl stood on the outskirts of the ruined city, intelligence had reported an unusual movement of dragons into the city. As such she was told to investigate and report if there were plans of a rebellion arising. Not to attack the Dragons. If caught, she was to feign innocence and try to associate with them. The rain, was bothersome. It beat down and damped her dark fur and made her feel awfully heavy. Her ears bent back in a sort of annoyance then flickered back to listen toward any unusual sounds. To be honest, Pearl was happy for the rain, it would mask any sounds she made, and any tracks she made would be washed away.

Instead of wandering rather aimlessly through the city, she had stayed hidden as much as possible and hid in the shadows, her ebony coat made it rather easy. Following the scent of the dragons, with what seemed a couple dragons meeting it made it much easier to find them. When she had found the scent strong enough, she camped a bit ways off away from the meeting of the dragons waiting to see if any activity would stir. It took some mental reminder to stay her paw from her paw. If she was found, she didn't want to be taken as an enemy. As an ally, yes, an ally.

#61 May 20, 2009 5:50 AM

Spyro Volcanix
Website

"heheh, right here." Lance said, removing his influence from the creature's mind. "So, you are smart enough to realize that there is someone else in the room. But, may I ask you, what did you first intend to do when you walked into this room?"

#62 May 20, 2009 11:36 AM

Kipeci

"I don't need to explain myself to you!" he growled, threateningly holding up his rock.
Intrusions on his mind were, quite frankly, not supported.

#63 May 20, 2009 11:57 AM

Spyro Volcanix
Website

Lance decided to ignore this statement "I have caused you no harm, so what benifit will you have by coming after me? I have nothing of value either." he asked, glaring at the creature intently. "I know this, while your fire may be adept, my Ice can easily extinguish any chance of fighting, even that rock you hold in your hand is useless..." Lance thought for a moment 'So many questions, but they will have their time if I have my way. Information is a valuable thing.'

#64 May 20, 2009 1:59 PM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Petalance jumped once again when Zyrnoth came tumbling to the ground, she was getting annoyed with herself, her nerves couldn't take many more frights. When she saw that the blue dragon wasn't getting up she hesitantly walked over to him.

"Sneaking around in shadows doesn't always allow you to see where you are putting your feet does it?" She said teasingly with a smile, her bright blue eyes lingered on the.... thing.... on his chest, but she didn't say anything about it. "Are you hurt?" She asked. She was still aware that he may not be friendly, she had her claws dug into the ground, ready to skitter out of the way if he aimed a swipe at her.

#65 May 20, 2009 4:33 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Arus was ready to question her, but before anything could be done a great racket emanated from above. Seconds later, another blue dragon tumbled across the ground, a strange instrument on his chest clanged against the hard stone as he went.

The black dragon only tilted his head slightly as many different emotions smashed into his mental being. Perhaps it was best for now if he ignored the emotions and just went right for simple questions. Before he could even ask, however, the female dragon he came across earlier spoke first.

Arus studied her closely. She was a gently soul indeed, king and graceful, yet full of fury if she needed to be. He listened on as she spoke the first words, intent on finding out just who both of them were.

#66 May 20, 2009 5:29 PM

Rask

Good, very good. It seemed that there was a fight going on between some of the dragons. They couldn't be getting along well, maybe it was a civil fight too. If a dragon took one one of their own, all's well to make her job easier. Dragons were tough buggers, but if you took one down you were renowned. Pearl didn't want to take her chances though.

Her slick feline body started to press against a wall, it was wet and slippery. However, with the aid of her claws she climbed onto the ruins walls and onto the roof, slinking along to look for a good vantage on the two warring dragons. Unaware that one of them could possible sense her by her mind. However, she was trained for this as well anyways.

#67 May 20, 2009 7:37 PM

Kipeci

(Rask, for the record, Reevan is not a dragon.  He has scales, and can occasionally hack up gobs of flame, but that's about it as far as similarities go.  Oh, and for Volcanix, his fire really isn't all that strong, it just smells, spreads easily, and burns for quite a long time, not always being able to be put out by water.  However, going through that memory pretty much forced him to use most of it up for the moment.)

"You used me mind!" harshly accused Reevan.

"Get away from here.  I have no need to explain myself to one like you, who threatens, insults, and plays my memories.  What use have you for this?!"

Again, he hefted up the rock, broadcasting the hint.

#68 May 20, 2009 7:53 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Zyrnoth stood up and looked at the female dragon and the black one. "I don't suppose this is the only two survivors, is it?" He asked

#69 May 20, 2009 9:12 PM

Spyro Volcanix
Website

OOC: And although Lance is a dragon, he uses ice instead of fire.

"Hmmm, true, but it seems that we are not alone anymore, but shall be in a few seconds." Lance reached up with his mind, grabbing the predator's, and altering it's perception, who knew what could happen. "Done...Ok, Yes, to be fair, I did mess with your mind, but you were the one who intended to hurt me... But the real reason I did this was because I was... Curious..."

#70 May 20, 2009 9:57 PM

Kipeci

"Intended to hurt you?  I couldn't even see you until you messed with my head!  If anything, you were trying to hurt me!" he continued indignantly.

"Taking the situation into consideration, that is..." Reevan harshly muttered afterwards, clenching his grip on the rock.

#71 May 21, 2009 7:44 AM

Phoenix_Flyer
Website

Petalance flicked her tail and tilted her head to the side, slightly confused.

"Survivors? Oh, do you mean from whatever ruined this city? No, this is the first time I've come here. The first time I've seen that dragon over there as well." She said while pointing to Arus with her tail. "I came to shelter from the storm, I dug a tunnel which kinda got flooded...." She looked at Arus before turning back to Zyrnoth. "Are we all just going to stand here awkwardly? My name is Petalance...."

#72 May 21, 2009 8:53 AM

Spyro Volcanix
Website

#73 May 21, 2009 3:56 PM

Rask

((Alrighty, next time my character is omnipotent I'll take note for my character to know that. :x))

#74 May 21, 2009 4:04 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Arus extended his wings slightly before tucking them to his sides. The wind and rain was still raging outside the shattered walls, but now the presence of others in this wasteland had more the grasped his attention. He heard the female push things along; not wanting to be lost in the awkwardness of the moment.

"My name is Arus...it's....it's a pleasure to meet both of you." He turned his head towards the female first; bowing his head in a respectable manner. "Petalance..." he muttered before turning towards the other dragon and doing the same. "Zyrnoth..."

He then pulled his head up and made his mind open to theirs, willing to probe any emotional response from them.

#75 May 21, 2009 5:26 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

"How did you know my name?" Zyrnoth asked, taking a step backwards. The swirling liquid on his chest seemed to be acting faster.

Board footer