Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jul 14, 2009 3:04 PM

LightHolyDragon
Gems: 0

Re: Hardest enemy in DOTD :O

Malefor was way to Easy i mean he the Dark Master for dear God i mean i though he was going to be a very Hard Boss
HE THE FREAKING DARK MASTER FOR DEAR GOD OH MY GOD MY FREAKING GOD
I THINK THE FREAKING DESTROYER SHOULD HAVE BEEN THE DARK MASTER
NOT MALEFOR I MEAN ALL MY FREAKING GOD

AND THE GOLEM IS A OTHER BOSS THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN HARD TO KILL
YOU KNOW WHATI THINK SUPER MARIO. SONIC THE HEDGEHOG. OR LINK FROM THE LEGEND OF ZELDA OR GANON AKA GANONDORF
OR EVEN FREAKED GIGA BOWSER EVEN MEWTWO CAN TAKE ON BOTH MALEFOR AND THE GOLEM
GOD EVEN ASH AKA RED FROM POKEMON ANIME AND GAME
CAN TAKE ON BOTH MALEFOR AND THE GOLEM
OH MY FREAKING GOD MALEFOR AND THE GOLEM IS A JOKE TO EVIL EVERYWHERE
HE EVEN A JOKE TO THE DEVIL HIMSELF

#27 Jul 14, 2009 3:31 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Wow... that last post is kind of an eyesore. Too many capital letters... But yes, Malefor was rather simple. It was kind of disappointing, actually. All that build-up in the game, talking about how he's so powerful and such, and then there's the reality. He wasn't all that challenging. I've faced harder. Bosses in the Gauntlet series, for example, are more challenging.

#28 Jul 25, 2009 11:51 PM

DUD

Hmmm...

For some reason I had a lot of trouble with the first Elite on the Floating Islands.  I could never get the mask to come off and I am not the best at ariel combat anyway.  I also refuse to use fury attacks for anything other than when you ablsolutely have to against Malefor because I think they take too much of the challenge away.

I'm really suprised that people have a lot of trouble with the Golem as I found him to be very predictable.  Then again, I have trouble with Malefor which many people think is easy for the same reason.  To each his or her own I suppose.

#29 Jul 26, 2009 2:43 AM

Sora
Website

The golem in Warfang, definately.
The button reflex part got me every time;
Eventually I had to drop out and let my brother take over. xP

#30 Jul 28, 2009 11:33 AM

Scarlett-Fear-Dragon

I think the Golum in Dragon City was the hardest. Malefor...*shakes head and laughs* He was way too easy to be called a boss. If you have poison at max level with regenrating mana armor then you can kill him in seconds.

Donate gems to me, biatch, and I give you cuddles.

#31 Jul 28, 2009 3:25 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

#32 Aug 20, 2009 4:33 AM

LightHolyDragon

i bet anyone can beat malefor even a 2 year old
and yes if malefor was real i will say that to his face

#33 Aug 20, 2009 9:27 AM

s'pyromane

I play the game just for beat that dark master...but he's still disapointing
Malefor is so easy...he has power , so if you don't know everything about the controls , he can destroy you...if he hits you. he's not going to hit you if you are a master at rolling , only the close fight can be a problem to roll , but he's slow and even more predictable at close range...
the only thing that make me loose against him is that I forget everytime how to launch the fury...I never need the fury so I forget how to use it :-P
the sequences when you have to press the buttons aren't a problem since he can't kill you if you miss...and you will only miss one time when you don't expect to press a button fast , once in a while...annoying , but you are directly send when you were...no challenge , he's just annoying sometimes , he's never a real challenge.
C'mon , for a final battle that's too bad sad

Elite monster are harder to beat , but they have all their weaknesses , and they become easier at each try , with 3 or 4 failures to learn what to do you against the first one , you can beat any Elite in no time...maybe one monster that I forgot is a pain , but the hardest enemy should not be so hard to me , I'll play the game again to see if there are one who is actually HARD that I forgot  <_<

#34 Sep 05, 2009 4:35 AM

Purple Chronicler

The elite golem with the gigantic mace thing in the Burned Lands was definitely the hardest... took me half an hour to an hour to beat it... not dieing once mind you (a game of retreating for health and mana gems). Malefor is easy, my current record is nine minutes, with mistakes as well (long live Nuclear Hit!). Some people said the two golems in an enclosed space were difficult... only if you try and beat the heck out of them. I'm not even sure what i did, but I took them out in a few minutes.

Aside from the super-elite and the super-not-elites, the only things hard were when you faced waves of enemies (or just one enemy) that just wouldn't die, as well as the first elite in the Floating Islands (second one was a joke, ice twister it then wind twister it till both mana pools are empty... fastest kill I ever made... o_o

Excuse me. I seem to have to go destroy another evil. They are just popping out all over the place. First the Zerg, then Voldemort...

#35 Sep 11, 2009 4:03 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I would say it was prolly when I was stuck with the two freaking Ogres, that took a little bit of work, but other then that the games enemies were cake. Including bosses.

#36 Sep 14, 2009 3:03 AM

TornWings

Dunno if I posted in this yet... anyway.

After starting to play again, I'd say the elite enemies are the toughest (especially the lumbering beast ones encountered in the warfang ruins), for the following reasons

- A shield that protects against all attacks except the 1 element needed to remove it (which can be a pain, as the colors of some elements look similar and thus you have to spam different elements just to get the mask off)

- Usually have some extra attack (which hurts like crazy)

- They have ridiculous amounts of health on top of all this

And the ones in the warfang ruins are just unfair. Their jumping ground pound attacks can hit you no matter where you go in their small arenas, their spin attacks are easy to underestimate (while being their second most powerful and long-ranged), they attack so frequently that you can barely get away long enough to replenish your health and mana, and unlike most other elites you can't grab them or knock them into the air.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#37 Sep 15, 2009 12:59 AM

spyroandcynder4ever

the elites aren't really much of a problem if you know how to defeat them. It's simple, get your fury meter to the top, then waste it all on the elite enemy. That's what i do. After that i just go back replay some levels until the fury meter is full again then find another elite enemy and defeat him.

If you think that you can't do something, don't give up! Have confidence in yourself and things will become easier in the future.

#38 Sep 15, 2009 4:21 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah the fury will kill any elite enemy in a matter of seconds, along with knocking that annoying as heck mask off without even breaking a sweat. That's why the hardest enemies to me were the Ogres, and they were not even that bad.

#39 Sep 16, 2009 6:21 AM

cynderfan
Website

Hardest boss was that Golem.
Elites were hard 2....

#40 Sep 16, 2009 7:22 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

Elites were very hard. You can beat them only with element that have the same colour as their mask, but I defated one with wind when he had green mask yikes , but it took a lot of time. :-|

#41 Sep 16, 2009 8:08 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

The worst thing is that those fury attacks didn't have effect on them. Argh, it took me so long!

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#42 Sep 16, 2009 8:41 PM

spyroandcynder4ever

Actually the fury does work. And i didn't know that the color mask they had on was that to a certain element. I just blasted them with fury power and that was it.

If you think that you can't do something, don't give up! Have confidence in yourself and things will become easier in the future.

#43 Nov 23, 2009 4:50 PM

spyroNcynder
Website

I agree with MrX-link I couldn't hurt them at all with fury power for the life of first that mask had to come off then it was simple but with that mask still on it's really hard to get off. I don't know why but the game was rather short if you look at it the right way but if you try geting all the crystals it only takes like and an extra 20-30 minutes just get them all during the gameplay, I myself found the extremly fun but way to short.

#44 Nov 23, 2009 7:05 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

The hardest enemy for me in DOTD was the Hero Grublins (Elephant creatures), those things constantly killed me! The Golem was easy and so was Malefor, Malefor was a waste of a boss if you ask me.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#45 Nov 24, 2009 8:05 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

It was to easy..but i'd say..umm....them trolls in the burnt lands XD

#46 Nov 24, 2009 11:16 PM

nintendofreak
Gems: 40
Website

#47 Nov 25, 2009 6:31 PM

Clock-la
Birthday: 19 March

#48 Dec 29, 2009 6:48 PM

spyro567
Website

the golam was really heard to beat

#49 Dec 29, 2009 9:06 PM

Apoc
Birthday: 18 June

I had a problem with the generic enemies on the DS version because those controls are so stiff

#50 Dec 30, 2009 9:25 PM

spyroandcynder4ever

Board footer