Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 12, 2009 12:51 PM

fbocabral
Gems: 0

Finaly, i can have some oppinion i wanna discuss

i rented a ps2 from a friend of mine for 3 days, and played TEN and DotD (until ignitus dies).
First of all, i think this game is too short... well, i didnt get to the ending, but i guess theres no much things left to do after ignitu's death.... also, the storyline isnt as much focused on the characters as i think it must be, i mean... its just war, war, war.... If u see the DVD, there is a lot of unburned space on it, so they could have done much more.
the cutscenes and the dubbing interpretation was terrible, it could be a lot better (well, at least I like cutscenes ^^). Also the storyline, sometimes, doesnt make much sense, like, how spyro and cynder got in the mole city to open the gates???
Everyone says the camera sux, but i think its fine, cause they made that due to the multiplayer game, it would be impossible to play with a camera like in the other games, and that didnt brouth any problem to me, at all....
The controls are easy enough, but i think they could have done more moves, like lying on the bad guy and scrath his face XD.
I loved the multiplayer game, me and my friends had so much fun playing it.... good moments.....
The scenary and the soundtrack are AWESOME... i really got made shudder (is that word right??) sometimes... wonderful....

I still like most the original games, but i like TLOS as well... I know its not a 9,5 game, but isnt worth of a 4 or a "mediocre", c'mon!! Theres nothing wrong on making something different sometimes. See Mario and Mario Kart (geez, what a stupid exemple... bah....).

In other words... this game isnt everything it could be, but is still fine for me

aahhh.... i think that's all... i needed to do this..............
roll

#2 Mar 12, 2009 8:40 PM

Spyro Master

Re: Finaly, i can have some oppinion i wanna discuss

I can answer your question about how they got past the gates, if you watch the cutscence again, you will see the camera focus on a hole for a bit, then you will start the level finding all the keys to the dragons statues.

#3 Mar 12, 2009 8:44 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Depending on what kind of gamer you are this subject could vastly vary...I didn't think the game was that bad in terms of the moves they gave you and such...the enemies were very annoying and many of the in game puzzles were screwy.

I didn't think the voice work was bad...I actually somewhat enjoyed it...and the dubbing was so so. The story...although cliched wasn't that bad..mainly because I really don't care if something is cliched or not. Yet their are many plotholes throughout the game that leave questions up in the air.

Overall it wasn't a great game but it wasn't horrible either...again it's very open to your own views but I see it as just above average. Could be much much better.

#4 Mar 12, 2009 8:52 PM

Spyro Master

The only real problems i have with the is game is either the massive plotholes or the fact you couldn't explore the dragon city more.

#5 Mar 13, 2009 4:15 PM

fbocabral

well, i also dont care about cliches... about exploring the city... well, i guess its so so, cause u can explore it a bit, but not too much... and u are in the middle of an attack, so u wouldnt probably have time to explore it.

So, after ignitus death, there isnt too much things left in the game, right? (just dont spoiler please XD). If not, i still think the game is too short... they could have done more things, like spyro and cynder being captive from the enemies and scaping or something (again, dont care about chiches). Theres much space unburned on the DVD disc, and that disturbs me ¬¬  i mean, lets get an example: Metal Gear Solid from psone, was too short (3 or 4 hours to finish) but the game was awesome and there is 2 discs!! so, they used everything they could. But let so much space left disturbs me.

#6 Mar 13, 2009 4:17 PM

RedDragonX
Website

After the Burned Lands level...aka Ignitus's death...the only two levels left are the Floating Islands...which is rather short......and then Malefor's Lair...where you get to go up against the big brute yourself....after that it's done.

#7 Mar 14, 2009 11:59 AM

Spyro Master

I think the floating islands felt like an after thought really, as though they just added it in to fill gaps.

#8 Mar 14, 2009 1:56 PM

fbocabral

fill gaps?? well, i dont care if its that, even if they had had done those fills in other parts of the game, as long as it could be less short.... OR if they had used all the *beep* DVD space XD.

oh, and i was looking at the dvd case and saw those floating islands and was wondering if that really existed.... cool....

#9 Mar 14, 2009 2:41 PM

Spyro Master

I think those floating islands are a way to link this spyro to old spyro, as there are floating islands in STD on dreamweavers level.

#10 Mar 14, 2009 6:18 PM

RedDragonX
Website

I don't think so. They have said many many times that these games are in no way connected with the originals with the exception of character names and whatever....so they have no reason to do that.

#11 Mar 14, 2009 7:07 PM

Spyro Master

YEah i know they have no reason, but its just an idea really.

#12 Mar 15, 2009 1:13 PM

fbocabral

floating island exist in so many stories that u cant connect them....

anyway, i was thinking.... that unburned space on the DVD disc.... maybe in the ps3 media disc they used all the space, but when converted to ps2, there was some extra space they didnt need to use, but they did on ps3...... maybe???
and... could someone tell me how mmuch time u need to finish the game, please? oh, god.... i wanna a ps2  hmm  but i already got too many bills....

#13 Mar 15, 2009 3:41 PM

Spyro Master

Well if you look at the DOTD speed-run time on the topic list you will see it took me 4hrs something to complete it 100% smile

#14 Mar 15, 2009 10:05 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah but if you're sad like us and seemingly find countless useless hours to play one game over and over again that should come to no surprise smile

#15 Mar 16, 2009 2:46 PM

fbocabral

wow... 4 hours only??? thats a pitty.... i wanted it could be about at least 6  :-[
even for u guys  :*bleep*in:

everything which is good, lasts few....

#16 Mar 18, 2009 3:56 AM

RedDragonX
Website

I didn't really get what you were trying to say there tongue

#17 Mar 18, 2009 2:06 PM

fbocabral

God.. i need more english classes.... I miss my teacher, she was so ho.. i mean... intelligent........
I mean that everything that is good, like a game, lasts few, ends soon...  :*bleep*in:
and i wish they had done a game that u cant finish in less then 6 hours...

#18 Mar 18, 2009 7:18 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Ah yes I wish for that as well lol...the worlds should have been larger and more involving. I like it when you really have to search for things to get that 100%...and that was just far too easy...

#19 Mar 18, 2009 7:59 PM

Spyro Master

Even if all those things were done to DOTD, there would still be faults in the game somewhere, every game has them but if the company improves on these mistakes then the next game should be better.

#20 Mar 18, 2009 8:07 PM

RedDragonX
Website

#21 Mar 18, 2009 10:34 PM

TornWings

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#22 Mar 19, 2009 2:47 AM

LordCrump10

How you view DotD really depends on the type of gamer you are and what games your are into. I'm going to come straight out and say this formally: I was disappointed by DotD to the point where I sold the game back after a single, 100% run-through of the game. The game had clear evidence of being rushed, and I think that if it had another year in the development studio, it could've gone a lot farther than it did. Some examples of how the game was rushed can be seen in the flying controls (which were not very good to handle and made me wish Spyro couldn't fly) and the fighting controls (the scheme was awkward, and at times confusing because they tried to fit in too many moves). I was also disappointed by the boss battles (or lack there of). Did you know that if you fly behind Malefor during round two, he won't turn around to face you? So you can beat him senseless, and he can't do anything to stop you.

Now, this is my point of view. As a gamer, I have tackled games of the same genre as the Legend trilogy, your hard core combat-oriented games. I have thoroughly played through both God of War games and the entire Devil May Cry quadrilogy. Because these games are absolute top-tier for their genre, it is often hard to play a game like DotD and expect the same kind of experience. No doubt, reviewers for critical websites like Gametrailers and Gamespot felt similarly, accounting for their lackluster reviews.

#23 Mar 19, 2009 3:36 AM

RedDragonX
Website

#24 Mar 20, 2009 2:20 AM

LordCrump10

Yeah, it makes sense... CURSE YOU CORPORATE AMERICA AND YOUR RUSHED DEADLINES! *brick'd*

#25 Mar 21, 2009 12:51 PM

Spyro Master

Well mabye hopefuly in the future they will change, they might take better care with the games they make in the future.

Board footer