Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#151 Apr 06, 2009 12:18 PM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

Re: ColdCore [RP thread]

"What the ..."

Exodus found himself sitting in one of the chairs, at the end of the table. He
saw Gor, as a young dragon, beginning to play a game of cards. Peculiar.

"I'm in, too. Deal me, you puny runt. I will win this *bleep* game anyways."

Hmm... let's see what Exodus the mad dragon has in mind.

#152 Apr 06, 2009 1:06 PM

Wolfgurl989
Gems: 0
Birthday: 16 October
Website

Spirit opened her eyes and found herself at a table. She looked aroud and didn;t feel at all herself. She saw Exodus, and..."G-gor?" She asked confused. He was dealing cards. She threw them back at him. "I don't want to play..." She growled.

Honor/Love/Defend

#153 Apr 06, 2009 6:17 PM

Aceedwin

"Then you die. For that is all life is. A game. More games for the victor, and for the loser..." Gor looked directly at Spirit. He knew her name now. Gor pushed the cards back. "Aren't you going to see your hand?"

Gor regarded his own cards with the traditional air of a poker master. It wasn't poker though.

"These cards are worth a lot more than money. Each card represents a piece of a mind. A mind which could belong to any one of us. For instance," Gor flipped up one of his cards between his claws. "This is Exodus' past. In this game, I think it will be worth a lot."

A card game with pieces of minds. Where do I get my ideas from.

"Now, does anyone want to take it from me?"

I'm loving this... You all have a hand of five cards. There are ive types of card. Personality, skills, memories, emotions and finally, goals. Each of you has one of each, but from which dragon, well you can decide. Gor has Exodus' recent past, but the other cards are up to whoever posts next. I'll keep a tally.

Gor
- Exodus' memories.
- Spirit's emotions.
- Gor's personality.
- Spirit's skills.
- Gor's personality.

Spirit
- Gor's Past
-
-
-
-

Exodus
- Gor's skills
-
-
-
-

When we're done with this rp, I wanna make the next one. I'm the only one who hasn't had a go.

#154 Apr 06, 2009 10:58 PM

Swaffy

Exodus flipped up one of his cards.

"Ha! Gor's skills. That's gotta put him down the crapper!"

These are not plain cards. They will affect us at the end of the game, but 
not in the dragon's real world. So when everybody is getting messed up, 
we will wake up. Because I don't like staying in a coma, writing out 
a "stuck in a coma" RP.

Cards from Exodus: 
- Gor's skills
- 
- 
- 
- 

#155 Apr 07, 2009 1:15 AM

Wolfgurl989
Website

oh crap, what the heck are we doing...I might not post this time around, because i am once again utterly confused! Sorry! X( 

Honor/Love/Defend

#156 Apr 07, 2009 9:22 AM

Aceedwin

We are showing each other parts of each other's minds on cards. I guess it's a little complex, but there are no cast-iron rules. It's a dream. If you feel like it you could simply run away to the congo. Anything is possible.

"Hmmm... Well we'll see..." Gor spoke tiredly. He passed a hand over two other of his cards, flipping them over. Spirit's emotions and his own personality. "Well this is interesting." His eyes turned on Spirit. I see.

The only effect of the cards is to learn. Now, Exodus will undoubtedly have an insight into what Gor will do. I now have a more prominent idea of Exodus' past, and I can roughly predict how Spirit will react to certain situations. Given relationships at the moment, I expect Exodus will really want this card...

#157 Apr 07, 2009 3:38 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

so we just make up cards that show eachother's like minds and stuff? Lemme try then...

Spirit picked up one of the cards and flipped it over. "Gor's Past..." She said. "Woah..." Spirit whsipered.

Spirit's Cards:
-Gor's Past
-
-
-
-
(like that?) 

Honor/Love/Defend

#158 Apr 07, 2009 6:02 PM

Aceedwin

"I'll warn you. Look at the card too long, and you'll see things you won't be able to stand. You're too weak. Neither of you are strong enough. Looking at someone's memories isn't like reading a book."

#159 Apr 07, 2009 9:45 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

Spirit's eyes showed a glint of anger at that. "I'm not looking at it, I did for about a second...it doesn;t matter, you dont know what really goes on in MY mind..." She growled. Sure his memories, past, maybe even thoughts were worse than hers...but his brain didn;t generate the same horrible things her's did, she tried to be nice and seal it up. But every once and a while that seal would reopen due to lack of guarding it...then her brain started to destroy itself all over again....

Honor/Love/Defend

#160 Apr 08, 2009 8:13 AM

Aceedwin

"I think I do." he said sadly, showing her the Spirit's emotions card. "It's only a vague understanding but I'm good at those. All this time, you've been screaming at the dark. Trying to make it go away. But you scream at yourself. But it will never. Never. Work. I've learnt that lesson." Gor looked at her with an understanding deeper than anyone else on the planet. "You are trapped. And you can't escape. The most you can do is keep fighting. Every day. And if you are defeated, even once, even in the face of a million victories, you will lose youself to the very darkness you embody. You will be like me."

Gor blinked and turned over his remaining two cards. Spirit's skills. And his own personality. Neither promised much. Instead, he picked up Exodus' past card. "Now, let's take a little trip to the past." And light erupted from the card. Not just light, sounds, smells, tastes, touch. Slowly, the experiences steadied, took on a form. And they entered Exodus' memories.

Thanks for that Wolfy. Best heartless speech I've ever done! Flashback time now. Swaffles, you don't have to take to long. Just right a little summary of your Exodus' past, and that'll be that. Hopefully that will prompt developments somewhat. Of course, Swaffy, if you want to keep Exodus serious, you can resist. I don't think you should though.

Ooh. I'm getting to be a control freak. Don't worry. I'll finish after this. Then maybe we can look into another card.

#161 Apr 08, 2009 4:52 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

welcome, I guess... lol! But the only prob with that is...it's true, that happens in my mind ALL the time...I can't stand it! 

Spirit didn;t say anything. She looked down and studied the skin on her hands, thinking hard. She was hyper and loved to talk...but....that didn;t change anything. "Your not all bad, otherwise you would have totally destroyed us by now, you...try to see the good in things, even when it's bad. This card, it's a bit of understanding, but it's really all I need to beable and look into your mind..." She said, feeling wier becasue she sounded like she knew a whole lot when she only knew where he was coming from. She flipped over three other cards. Exodus's locked away thoughts/memories, her own understanding (how she understood things), ANd Gor's Mind. (Shows the good side, bad side...)

Honor/Love/Defend

#162 Apr 08, 2009 6:19 PM

Aceedwin

"In this world, there is no point in even trying. If I could kill you, I probably would, but I can't, so there is no point." Gor looked at the Gor's mind card. "That's useless," he sighed pointing at it. "My mind is in ruins. That's what happened when I gave in. My entire mind caved in. All that was left was the insatiable goal. The only reason that I can talk to you is because this is a dream, and the function of a dream, is to salvage from ruins." Gor stared at his cards. He knew that his existence was fleeting, and that soon he wouldn't exist, and it would be back to the slaughter. But he couldn't find it in himself to be sad. There was nothing left to be sad with.

I'm worried that all this playing as Gor is badly affecting me. Last night I laid awake for about two hours trying not to think about various violent images, katana back-stab, point-blank face shots, atomic bombs, and stuff like that. I mean, I've had to resort to spending most of my time playing sudoku and reading philosophy it's got so bad. It helps somehow. Thinking hard that is.

Ah, Wolfy tells me she's more like me than either of us imagined. But whether to believe her or not. I doubt you are anywhere near me. But then again, there is so little in this world that is impossible. Hmmm... I shall meditate on that. Try meditating Wolfy, makes you feel much better.

#163 Apr 08, 2009 6:37 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

I would, if I knew how...yoga helps...but I can only do that on the wi thing I don;t know...you can choose to not beleive me if you wish, I know my mind, and I know EXACTLY where your coming from dude K!? Partly why I "overreact" all the time, ahhh mxed feelings=confusion=frustration=me being restless with nothing to do but rp when people are on and write stories....

Spirit sighed. "i get it, and I'm sorry, your mind can build the ruins back up if you give it a chance..." She said. 'It's not really in ruins, your just letting it be like that, you can build it back up, though it's exhausting..." She  said, her forehad wrinkled a bit as she had just confused herself again, she'd say things then not know why she had said them or what they meant...she hit the tablehard with her fist and then dropped her head down, her wings drooped along her back and she closed her eyes.

lol, my charcater Spirit, I try to make her most like me, my spirit...ahh confusion again. oW! It HURTS! 

Honor/Love/Defend

#164 Apr 08, 2009 6:56 PM

Aceedwin

"Maybe I could. But if I wasn't strong enough to stop him earlier on. What makes me strong enough to suceed now?"

Ohhh... I kinda like the idea of Gor's repentence. Hmmmm...

Perhaps you know where I'm coming from, perhaps not, perhaps you think you do but you don't. All I know is that I really want to see Swaffy's face when he reads all this. It'll be priceless.

Meditation is just advanced relaxation. Imagine you don't exist. Start from your hands, then your legs, your torso, and finally your head. Although I'd besuprised if you even convinced youself your fingers didn't exist. No-one else I've met has ever done it.

#165 Apr 08, 2009 7:10 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

yeah...he is going to be mad at me..*sigh*

You said that you convinced yourself your legs or arms didn't exist before

repetence? (what does that mean?) 

"Try...your not weak.." She said. She grew angry, but stayed neutral, why couldn;t he see it?! It's so easy, just don;t think about it! She sat back up and rolled her head around in an irritated gesture that made her scales scratch against one another. Then bit her hand to try to not say anything that she would regret later. "mm...ow!" She looked at her hand where the impressions of her canine teeth were, she was bored so she kept bitn her hand, fascinated at the way her teeth could make such marks when she was barely biting. Imagine what could happen if she bit totally, it entertained her, she had no idea why...

Honor/Love/Defend

#166 Apr 08, 2009 9:18 PM

Swaffy

Wow, uhhhhhh... ... ...

At least I read it all. I think. I don't know ... too much text.

Gaaaahhh!

[Imagine this:]
I am going through, reading the posts, mough wide open in a smile, odd 
chuckles randomly coming out as I am attempting to read all this junk.

So ... what the crap is going on right now?

[Oh, and keep the OOC comments down. We are talking too much.]

#167 Apr 08, 2009 10:32 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

anh, not too many OOC, basicllay both me and Ace have dark sides of our minds, I am ALWAYS trying to supress mine and I HATE IT! AGHHH! 

Spirit growled and turned into a white wolf with crystal blue eyes. (anything can happen!) "WHat the CRAP!? I'm already mad!" She screamed. She tried to not do anything, to calm back down, but it wasn;t any use, the seal had re-opened again. Her hackles went up and her tounge came out and her ears pinned flat against her head. Her lips writhed away from her sharp teeth in a snarl and her hair along her shoulder's and down her back stood up straight. She was mad and ready to fight...

Honor/Love/Defend

#168 Apr 09, 2009 3:42 AM

Swaffy

Lolz

#169 Apr 09, 2009 4:41 AM

Wolfgurl989
Website

lol! Welcome to my world! 

I growled. "SUre...if you want to end up dying in this imaginary world who am I to stop you!?" I screamed. i started circling around him the  jumped onto his back, digging my claws into his back to hang on. I bit into his neck aiming for the jugualr vein where the life was near the surface, I didn;t knwo whether it would really kill him or not in y unconcious ind, but in my concious I didn't care..

Honor/Love/Defend

#170 Apr 09, 2009 8:16 AM

Aceedwin

Gor sighed at the needless violence and took the card out of the back of his head. Aha. Now if he could just find the other one. He looked around the room while the others fought, and found what he was looking lodged in a cabinet. Gor stood up and walked between the both of them showing them both cards. "If you're interested, these cards detail the feeling each of you has for the other. I suppose you might find them interesting, though I can't imagine why."

*plays puppy love*

So while Spirit has her little spot of horrible things like murder and mutilation, I am a little more advanced in the process. I have sort of absorbed it. I still don't really believe Wolfy. I expect her "dark side" tells her to steal candy and poke people. Mine tells me to slaughter every living creature in existence. Bit of a difference there I think.

I do like my sudoku. It's like the opposite of meditation, I see that now. Kinda obvious really. While meditation encourages an advanced form of relaxation, sudoku encourages a form of concentration. Meditation didn't work because by relaxing released mental guards, allowing a slow but steady coup de grace. Heh heh, I'm becoming a strategist...

#171 Apr 09, 2009 12:44 PM

Wolfgurl989
Website

"Most pobrably not right now...now get back before I try to kill you you idiot!" I yelled at him, jumping off from Exodus and circling again.

Honor/Love/Defend

#172 Apr 09, 2009 3:17 PM

Aceedwin

"I don't think you understood me." Gor muttered as pale vines erupted from the ground, tying their legs together. "Now take a closer look." He dropped the cards in front of them. "When you understand, you may leave through that door. But the vines won't let go until you get yourselves sorted." Gor pointed at a slightly worn looking mahogany door. Gor turned away and began walking down a corridor.

I like that ending to this section. Anyway, I have to go tomorrow morning and I won't be back till Monday. Ooohhh... Déja vu. No idea where that came from. Anyway, get some one on one time in while I'm gone will you? Two's company and all that.  :-P

Our rp is becoming increasingly reminiscent of the matrix, or perhaps the discworld series.

#173 Apr 10, 2009 4:49 AM

Swaffy

You will be seeing me on Xbox LIve a lot, Cowgirl, since my computer 
won't work right. I hope to play a game with you sometime, or even chat.

Oh, and I am sorry for being late to reply.

"Oh, so he thinks these gay vines will keep us down. Well, let's see about
that." *Go for the stem and cut.*

He took the sharp claws on his right front paw and sliced at the vine's
main stem. The vine turned dark gray, and fell to the ground.

"Oh, and check this out, Spirit. I found this under the table. I think it's a
magic stone, but i'm not so sure. Here, catch."

The object was a ball of dark red light, and was solid. Exodus threw the
ball at her, but exploded. The white world suddenly began to implode
right under the middle of the table, and then nothing. The world was
blank, then a mid-sounding bang happened, the dragons seemed to be
flying through some form of a black worm hole. In a matter of seconds,
they all found themselves laying on the ground where they were before.

The village's residents had come back, and were standing around, looking
at the three unconscious dragons.

Hopefully, Gor lost his mind-reading abilities while unconscious.

#174 Apr 10, 2009 6:47 AM

Wolfgurl989
Website

woah dude... not really matrix exactly, it's with dragons! and wre not going into computer programs so yeah, not like the matrix...

Spirit cut the vie and looked at him, he had a ball of black an red energy, "Here catch.." he siad. "Wait, no don't!" SPirit started, but her threw it before she finished. A warp happened and she found herself waking from the virus, Gor ust have fallen to it himself, and Exodus was awake too, some villagers had come an looked at them, she looked at hem and bared her teeth to get them to back off, who were they to stare at them when they were unconcious. "Oh crap...' She whispered, was she still her meanself like in that dream world? Or was she just imagining things...?

Honor/Love/Defend

#175 Apr 10, 2009 8:09 AM

Swaffy

I hope you realize that you just repeated what I said.

Also, I never intended on it looking like the matrix. My mind was running 
free at the moment. The matrix is green with numbers, this is black with 
grey streaks flying by.

Exodus slowly opened his eyes. He gradually got up from laying on his
right side, and had a headache from being unconscious. He saw that Spirit
was up, too, but the residents were staring.

"People of the village, have no worry. We are fine from this big mishap,
so we ask you to go back to you homes. The area will clear up in an
hour."

He looked at Spirit, and walked over to her, looking her in her eyes.

"I'm glad to see you again ... that dream was horrible. Do you feel good?"

Spirit seems to never show any feelings towards Exodus...
Not to hold anything against you, Alexis.

Board footer