Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Jan 22, 2009 5:08 AM

Kat
Gems: 0
Website

Re: Favorite place in dotd!

The Burned Lands, hands down. Most gorgeous level in the entire game (to me) - the vibrant clash of colors just, ooooh, beautiful. The music helped me love it even more.

Twilight Falls is a close second! My least favorite level had to be the Dam, though.

#52 Jan 22, 2009 4:53 PM

Spyro_Fan_Forever

In Twilight Falls when you're flying down the waterfall look straight ahead...it looks like an ocean in the background or something. *shrug* Well that's what I think it is anyway.

The place is still really beautiful and I could fly around there all night. ^^
Twilight Falls at night and Valley of Avalar during the day.  big_smile

винт это. винт все это и оставь меня.

#53 Jan 22, 2009 10:21 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Eh...I still keep Twilight Falls at the top....I really enjoyed that one. Just the feel of the level made me relaxed...and really take in the entire experience.

#54 Jan 23, 2009 1:57 AM

Dragorias

That's true, that rock just before the waterfall was a legendary view. See other planets and moons. I stood around there moving the camera around and just capturing the moment.

#55 Jan 23, 2009 3:21 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Amen to that man....that was a pretty sweet view I have to admit.

#56 Jan 23, 2009 11:50 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Burned Lands wasn't my favorite because it had way too many bad guys and enemies to try and defeat! I mean not to sound lazy but I hated this game only cause the enemies weren't stupid like those monkeys in ANB and TEN.

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#57 Jan 24, 2009 12:21 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well it was just one my favorites in level design and art values....I didn't care for the enemies either.

#58 Jan 29, 2009 10:34 PM

Saeth

My fav level?

Its a tie between Twilight Falls and Avalar, the way it looks and feels was awesome. I wish they would have expanded it though.  hmm

#59 Jan 30, 2009 12:49 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah the game would have been much better off had the levels been more expanded and more involving. Something that would have really put our interest into Spyro's new world.

#60 Jan 30, 2009 1:41 AM

Saeth

*gasp* But that would have actually taken time and effort!

I'm just messing around.

Yeah, if they would have made each level have like two to three parts to it, that would have been cool. That way we get to see more story, more character dev, yada yada. Too bad you only get to see it once in the game, no back tracking, no, side quest, nothing, just a straight forward game...

#61 Jan 30, 2009 2:37 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well it's just a completely different...and linear system. I for one can take it either way because that's just the way I am...but I do like games that are very heavily involved with both story and the environment around you. Side games and mini quests are always welcome...as are big open areas that involve a lot of missions and quests that you have to take on in order to fully grasp the concept of that location...but that's just me....I can take linear so long as their is good gameplay and a solid story to back it up.

#62 Jan 31, 2009 4:37 AM

Saeth

Precisely, and I feel that they could have done a lot better in that department. I feel that if Gameplay is going to lag, then your only reaming hope is your story, and possibly graphics...

Hmm, IDK exactly what Sierra is trying to do with TLOS (probably just shooting in the dark and hopefully will hit a fanbase that they can work with). They seem to want it to be epic and dark, yet still appeal to the younger viewers, which I applauded them for for not making Spyro into a M or higher rated game, I can see T but nothing higher.

But with the plot holes and lack of time between each game, I wonder if they are simply trying to rely on the old fans to give them some revenue? After all they said it themselves in the credits,

"Thanks to all of our fans that helped us make this far" or something to that effect.

Who knows if it just them being duplicitous or not. Nonetheless, I only want to see Spyro do good, and as a fan I will do as much I can to help., But expect Sierra to also pick up the pace, or if not give it to someone who can.

Hmm, I believe I went off topic here if I'm not mistaken? All in all, as I said, Enchanted Forest and Avalar are indeed my favorites. they really set the mood of a magical world IMO.

#63 Feb 01, 2009 1:24 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Yes I do agree with pretty much all of those views. This is not the topic to discuss this in unfortunetly.....so yeah let's get back onto the topic. Favorite location was Twilight Falls.

#64 Feb 01, 2009 10:59 PM

Spyro Master

valley of avalar then twilight falls and last of all dragon city

#65 Feb 02, 2009 4:47 AM

RedDragonX
Website

I would have picked Avalar first...but the night setting really got me on Twilight Falls....I just wish it was a little big larger in general....the same with just about all the levels.

#66 Feb 03, 2009 4:53 PM

Anakin2

Valley of Avalar

#67 Feb 03, 2009 5:19 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Welcome to the forum...and yeah Valley of Avalar is nice...if it was at night I would prolly like it more.

#68 Feb 04, 2009 7:58 AM

DarkMaster

Valley of Avalar, the place with all the cheetahs

#69 Feb 04, 2009 11:39 PM

spyrofantic63

My favourite was the Valley Of Avalar. I just like flying around there. o__O;

smile

#70 Feb 04, 2009 11:50 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah.....the flying was pretty cool....just wish their was more to do in that place (Valley of Avalar)

#71 Feb 05, 2009 10:26 PM

Spyro Master

i tihnk valley of avalar has won lol bt yeh if it was just a tiny bit bigger i would of liked it even more its where i reckon spyro and cynder were the last time we c spyro and cynder at the end of the DOTD credits

#72 Feb 05, 2009 11:21 PM

Saeth

That and Enchanted Forest was a bit bigger, and more Foresty.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heck for all we know, S&C could be on the other side of the world, which would be a perfect place for a new storyline for the next game  wink .

#73 Feb 06, 2009 12:56 AM

TornWings

...That reminds me, I've been wondering what the rest of the world looks like, since almost all the places in ANB and TEN aren't even mentioned in DotD.

Sparx is probably due for a visit to his llama worshippers anyway...

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#74 Feb 06, 2009 2:03 AM

Saeth

Hmm, Tall Plains, Dragon Temple, the Swamp, The poison forest, the celestial island, Dante's Freezer and Forest, Munitions forge, Convexity, and Cynder's Citadel... in fact I wonder if her lair is still up and running?

Yet another a good place to start the next storyline wink .

Yeah, anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing those places again with this new graphics engine and what not.

#75 Feb 06, 2009 5:14 AM

RedDragonX
Website

I would like to see a game that allows you to explore the entire world...that would be pretty sweet.

Board footer