Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Apr 04, 2009 8:03 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned
Gems: 0

Re: When will spyro be GOOD again

I was actually fine with the way where ANB and TEN were going! I hated them both until i tried DotD. I think the design of Spyro was good in those games, even beats the old Spyro's look if we would compare em now (ANB&TEN spyro has more details n stuff obviously because technology has improved).

I know that last part of my last sentence but i had to specify what why i liked the design.

#52 Apr 04, 2009 9:33 PM

TornWings

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#53 Apr 04, 2009 11:19 PM

RedDragonX
Website

They have the chance to make a very very good game now that all of this is out of the way. I'm hoping that the extra down time caused by this movie will help push them into making a game that's worthy of being called a Spyro title.

We can only hope anyways, but if I was certainly in charge I would be looking for ways to build upon what has already been....after all they really have nowhere to go but up. Try being proud of the work you are creating...it usually works....

But that's just me...

#54 May 02, 2009 2:12 AM

~cornys~

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#55 Jul 24, 2009 4:45 AM

LightHolyDragon

#56 Jul 24, 2009 8:39 AM

Kipeci

I think it's just going to wade in mediocrity for as long as the people involved can count on the fans to throw their cash in.

All of my eggs have died.
... Good thing I have recipes for this.

#57 Jul 24, 2009 8:51 AM

Cadc

I don't believe it was mediocre, I believe it was a very fun game, that yes, could have been better, but it was very good non the less

Spyro Fan Forever

#58 Jul 24, 2009 10:45 AM

Kipeci

Really?
Well, I have this little thing called an opinion.  This opinion is of the mind that the game was mediocre.

#59 Jul 24, 2009 2:17 PM

Cadc

really?

am I not entitled to my own opinion as well?

(seems a very popular response amongst Dotd haters :*bleep*in: )

Spyro Fan Forever

#60 Jul 24, 2009 4:47 PM

Kipeci

Sure you are, don't shove it down my throat.

#61 Jul 24, 2009 6:03 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Both of you shut it. How about we don't antagonize each other about presenting opinions? That usually does work. Everyone can have an opinion but don't direct them in a manner that is purely meant to be a flame or topics shall be locked and users warned.

#62 Aug 23, 2009 5:12 AM

Sora
Website

Never. Insomniac moved onto a character who could hold a gun. We should have noticed the foreshadowing that came with a playable character who only uses guns and grenades...

#63 Sep 19, 2009 4:39 AM

Buster Dragon

The new series is better hands down. We actually have a decent story and many power sways. (Power sways as in good guys winning, bad guys winning)
The enermies, are stronger the HP of a old series boss is that of a normal enermy now.
Hunter was more annoying in the old series, I actually found him to be highly stupid... You would be highly into a level, have serious mode on and then Hunter turns up and makes a complete serious situation into a hunt for some item or a egg... NOW Hunter is a lot more down to business and more down to Earth for that matter.

The only old game I truely liked was YOTD (Year Of The Dragon) for the PS1 and that was mainly because of the game time, took a long time to get everything done.
One of the worst by far has to be HT (Heroes Tale) The voice acting, exscuse my language... sucked.

The only fault I find in the new games is the game lenghs, and this time they really gave you the feeling you was with Spyro every step of the way while he was growing up, they made suttle changes in DOTD compared to TNB and TEN, well I noticed a very small difference in TEN but the main differences can be seen in DOTD. The free fly, is one of the best things they added, it was long over-due in my mind.

Lets face it, Spyro looks a LOT better now, look in DOTD he actually is bigger, has bigger wings and the voice, a tiny bit deeper then what it was the other two. The double player advanture mode, was actually unexpected to me, it's something that isn't found in many games but yet turned up in a Spyro game, which was a great and welcomed suprise.

So, to answer the question "When will they bring out a GOOD Spyro game?"... The answer is, just go down to your game store and look at ANY of the latest three Spyro games for the major consoles, which would be TNB, TEN and the truely awesome DOTD.

The only decent old one was YOTD and MAYBE HT, but the one hit KO on the enermies was borring after the first game.

The old ones were ALRIGHT for their time and did what they were suposed to do, get people hooked for the more complex games of today.

Their done and gone, enough said.

The new Spyro has more to offer then ANY old one could.

#64 Sep 19, 2009 3:59 PM

grievous16

Finally, someone gets it. Thank you for the true facts that DotD is better than all of the old Spyro games put together. Those first spyro games weren't games, they were money wasters. I actually own Spyro YOTD and I am thinking about selling it for just 5 cents. smile

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#65 Sep 19, 2009 4:53 PM

Buster Dragon

#66 Sep 21, 2009 7:48 PM

grievous16

I am actually thinking of selling my YOTD game........ for free! smile    I hope we have a sale soon because this game has got to go. *searches for YOTD game* smile

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#67 Sep 21, 2009 9:26 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

^disagree becuase DotD ruined the LoS trilogy by screwing up the plot and characters. (Since WHEN is Volteer silent!?). The combat system is copied from God of War. Hell, the Golem IS THE SAME EXACT THING AS THE FIRST BOSS OF GOD OF WAR 2. Malefor=Mundus from Devil May Cry. The whole plot is actually LotR with dragons. (Dotd: seige of warfang. HMM, HAVEN'T WE SEEN THAT SOMEWHERE!?) Graphics are a 'meh' for me. (When hunter shoots an arrow, it doesn't follow the proper way it should have shot. It looks like it was just levitated upwards.)

I could go on but I have to go to the gym.

#68 Sep 23, 2009 11:03 PM

grievous16

I actually prefered Volteer to be silent. He was annoying in the previous 2 games.

#69 Sep 24, 2009 3:01 AM

RedDragonX
Website

#70 Sep 24, 2009 8:10 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

My other points still stand

#71 Oct 15, 2009 6:19 PM

Cynder7
Gems: -90
Birthday: 19 December
Website

I'm hoping it will... >.<
With nice big levels and a bit more difficulty..
Do you think Spyro will be a little kid again,teen or now adult? hmm

#72 Oct 15, 2009 7:09 PM

S240sx24

I hope they keep teen spyro. like Dotd but who knows.

#73 Oct 16, 2009 6:07 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

If they're going to keep teen spyro, at least they could do is add little spyro as a cameo in the game or an unlockable.

#74 Oct 16, 2009 6:12 AM

S240sx24

Yeah little spyro as a unlockable be cool. i like little spyro from Dotd though thats my take lol.

#75 Oct 17, 2009 5:51 PM

TornWings

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

Board footer