Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Jan 07, 2009 3:45 AM

RedDragonX
Gems: 0
Website

Re: When will spyro be GOOD again

Well their are many reasons...and the older fans will say that the high sales were still there...and their was no reason whatsoever to change the games...but even high sales had their limit...and the character limitations were what caused Insomniac to let go of the franchise and give it to someone else...and they attempted to run with what Insom knew would eventually bring about it's downfall...

I didn't like the change at first just like everyone...but after awhile it grew on me and I really have come to enjoy what they did...but I'm not the avarage gamer I suppose 0.o....everything keeps changing to suit the marketplace desires.

#27 Jan 07, 2009 10:23 AM

Mr.Henky
Website

I really don't understand why they don't gonna make game that combine both of the formulas. I have entire idea of the new game in my head for over a six months: collecting system together with RPG and adventure system (Spyro 123 + TLoS), co-op MP (L4D), living world that changes according to your actions (Fable), several storylines with differents levels in them and several endings (my own complicated idea smile ), bonuses for experienced players and an extra BIG bonuses for hardcore players, strong emotions (you will cry, you will laugh, etc.). I have almost everything in my head, including HUD, characters, enviroments, gameplay, storyline and mouch more.
BUT all this is for nothing, 'cause 1. I can't make games, 2. I don't have money and 3. Who will be stupid enough to do it for free?
Thank you. smile

P.S.: I'm just ordinary Spyro fan, really.

#28 Jan 07, 2009 8:14 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Well unless you consider it for a future career...yeah their is nothing you can really do about it...but those are all excellent ideas. The games have changed and shifted around just as the market around it has changed over the past 10 years. Insomniac saw the limits they couldn't overcome with the original character....so they gave them off to someone else while switching to a more heavy shooting platform that they could continue to build upon...aka Ratchet and Clank.

The formula was attempted well after they let the series go (ETD and AHT)..and even though sales for these games were pretty good...they still drove the series lower respect wise...and people started calling for something different. SL was something vastly different using the same original characters...and that didn't do well...then they just revamped all the characters and concepts in general after Sierra took over...and behold you have the LoS series.

The series was a far departure from anything involving the originals...but it was Sierra's take on what Spyro would need to be successful again..and although it didn't work on many levels...it still had a good deal of success.

#29 Jan 09, 2009 7:45 AM

ratchet
Website

#30 Jan 09, 2009 10:27 PM

RedDragonX
Website

He was just in reference to the original game itself...the modern day remakes don't really qualify...but that's an entirely different subject all together. If they brought the older games into the world today they would not be nearly as successful as they were then...the market is just too different now. More demand for different kinds of titles...and many more critics. It's just another "what if" scenario that we will never really know the answer to...

#31 Jan 12, 2009 7:51 AM

ratchet
Website

#32 Jan 12, 2009 9:20 PM

~cornys~

Those sales are there because Mario is a big name and they continue as they did...

I won't get into it too deep, but Spyro can't do that because of the idiots that made EtD.

Spyro is not as big or old so many people won't even give it a try after one folly of a game.

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#33 Jan 12, 2009 11:16 PM

RedDragonX
Website

#34 Feb 27, 2009 2:35 AM

TheSpyroPrincess

#35 Feb 27, 2009 2:38 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well unfortunetely the reality of the situation clearly points to the notion that they will continue with the new series. Not what many fans want but it's better for the franchise as it will continue onwards.

#36 Mar 03, 2009 4:38 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

DotD = fan game. Next Spyro game = Cynder.

And when that game comes out, I am out of here.

#37 Mar 03, 2009 5:39 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Aw...I'm sure it won't be THAT bad if or when it comes out...but that's just me.

#38 Mar 04, 2009 1:47 AM

TornWings

Nah, if they do anything with only Cynder, it won't be just yet. Remember, the name recognition Spyro has is still big (even if it's basically a different character at this point).

If they're going to do a game all about Cynder, they wait till the fanbase gets a little bigger I think.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#39 Mar 04, 2009 3:12 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Yeah I do agree with that....Cynder's fanbase is growing very very large.....but they will let it expand more before they do anything with Cynder in a solo game.

#40 Mar 14, 2009 2:04 AM

grievous16

Spyro was ALWAYS good ( so is Cynder;) )! To some it is not good ( Spyro haters!!!!), but many more think it is the best. I am one of those people who think Spyro rocks!!!!! smile  smile  smile

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#41 Mar 14, 2009 2:05 AM

grievous16

Spyro was ALWAYS good ( so is Cynder *smiles* )! To some it is not good ( Spyro haters!!!!), but many more think it is the best. I am one of those people who think Spyro rocks!!!!! smile  smile  smile

One day the unreal shall be real, the fallen shall rise, and the nightmares shall become a reality. Those who follow shall earn life eternal. Those who don't shall die. The rising of the Dark Lord shall be humanity's undoing. All hail the Dark Lord of the Sith.

#42 Mar 14, 2009 2:10 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Try to avoid provoking any flame wars if you can. Unless you want this locked.

#43 Mar 22, 2009 5:31 AM

Cadc

honestly, whether they continue with the classics, or continue the LOS series, all i gotta say is... "GO SIERRA!" :*bleep*in:

Spyro Fan Forever

#44 Mar 22, 2009 7:03 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Well you certainly won't find many people who will say that lol...but your enthusiasm is encouraging.

#45 Mar 22, 2009 1:28 PM

Spyro.Lover.Forever

Spyro IS Good. Why make this thread? Another TLOS Hater?
I'm sure the next game/trilogy will be good.

#46 Mar 22, 2009 3:57 PM

TornWings

Starting the topic with such a loaded question was a horrible idea <.<

If TC actually meant "in the style of the old games" I think the answer is never, at least at this rate.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#47 Mar 22, 2009 8:25 PM

RedDragonX
Website

#48 Mar 22, 2009 9:35 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

#49 Apr 04, 2009 3:37 AM

Crashpro3
Website

They'll make a good Spyro game once all of these fanboys and fangirls quit talking about Spyro and Cynder's "relationship". No one CARES!!! It's a game, not real people! GET OVER IT! THEY DIED!!!GAME OVER!!! Bring back the REAL Legendary Dragon (and the REAL Legendary Developers).

#50 Apr 04, 2009 1:21 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Technically they didn't die and unfortunately they are still continuing this series. I don't care which way they go, but yes the vast majority of screaming fanboys and girls have ruined it for me.

Board footer