Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 May 09, 2009 11:23 PM

InsomDog
Gems: 0
Website

Re: whats your FAVORITE spyro game

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer. It was an improvement over the original and had the best boss battles. Spyro: Year of the Dragon comes a close second. Even though it was bigger I just felt like it was missing something that Spyro 2 had.

#27 Sep 14, 2009 8:48 PM

SuperSpyroFan

Of the original series: Spyro 2
Of the Tlos series: Dawn of the Dragon

Hi, I don't know what else to say. LOL

#28 Sep 15, 2009 2:19 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Spyro I. It has always been the original one for me. Spyro is at his best in his original form! However, I like the gameplay and graphics of DotD too, but Spyro himself has changed way too much. Also, I miss Stewart's music sad

RR is my second favourite (RR = GtG) because of the new options of swimming and spitting fireballs. Vehicles didn't change a bit of my opinion.

Then, third is YotD. I don't rly like Spyro on a skateboard, but yeah, sgt. byrd and the others made it more fun.

Fourh is DotD and Idc about the rest.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#29 Sep 15, 2009 5:33 PM

Gekoncze
Baby Dragon
Award: Speedway Contest Winner Final
Gems: 145

My favorite game is YotD, because there are 6 playable characters, very good music and glitches to find  big_smile

#30 Sep 16, 2009 5:26 AM

Sheep
Award: Skateboard Contest Winner
Birthday: 20 January
Website

Spyro Year of the Dragon.

#31 Sep 16, 2009 5:59 AM

cynderfan
Website

1. TEN
2. YotD
3. DotD

#32 Sep 16, 2009 10:09 PM

A Guy
Website

I liked The Eternal Night, then Dawn of the Dragon, then Year of the Dragon.

#33 Sep 17, 2009 6:30 PM

Ba'ah

Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon.

#34 Sep 17, 2009 7:29 PM

Cynder7
Gems: -90
Birthday: 19 December
Website

I think I'd have to say Ripto's Rage/Gateway to Glimmer..I never really got far but I really liked it..Levels were great plus they were big big_smile

#35 Sep 17, 2009 7:30 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

I think DotD is my favourite so far, but I also love AHT, TEN and the original trilogy.

#36 Sep 21, 2009 5:32 AM

dark_fury912
Birthday: 9 December

I'd say DOTD, cause you can fly in it. XP

#37 Sep 22, 2009 12:14 AM

spyroandcynder4ever

DotD for sure (it's the only one i have so far lol)

If you think that you can't do something, don't give up! Have confidence in yourself and things will become easier in the future.

#38 Sep 24, 2009 3:13 AM

Swaffy
Gems: 218

#39 Sep 24, 2009 10:12 PM

dragon protector x
Gems: 20
Birthday: 30 January
Website

Well thats a little interesting. This may be about the size of one of ratchets old posts that could be made into a novel. but anyways.

#1 Eternal Night because of Spyro's story, Cynders some how attractiveness(looks and actions on how she felt so bad made me feel sad and wanted to acctualy tell me we forgive you. She made the whole Story that much more stronger to me.) and the flow of the story.
#2 Spyro the Dragon because it had a nice story and wasnt a spinn off that continued to go for many years
#3 Los first one.... Cuse the story has new and pulled me in.... and i stole the game from my sister and got hooked.

I judge game on their story which is the biggest thing i judge, how fun the game play is, difficulty, graphics quality for the type of console (Like the NES, some of its graphics are really good just for an old peice of Starter fluid for the newer games compaired to some of the other games with bad graphics), and how well things flow.

The first Spyro game had an ok story to it. Little scratchy on something like how all the gnorks lived with dragons to begin with and why nasty gnork was sent away. Tho im sure it was explained later on when releaseing some of the dragons but could have had  a better way to present it. On fun level it was extreamly fun even when a kid because on lofty castle it kept me running into a wall for hours thinking its behind this on wall and not haveing to do this weird super charge thingy. It was difficult for the time but once you learned how and were treasure was it became easy, the graphics were pritty good in my veiw for the PS1. everything flowed pritty well. This acctualy is one of my favorites. Because of the game play and grapics of the time. and the story a little bit.

The next 2 kind of was annoying. Ripto was better the year of the dragon. I mean Ripto didnt have to many hard challenges, but it was fun and the story was good. Same with year, but it seemed alot like a repetitive ripto. Just a little cut out things and pasted over the old stuff. Blah blah blah, Not my most favorite to.

Just going to jump to the LOS series that people rave and rant about. The first game (Was the first spyro game i had played since elementory school) had an amazing story behind it. Well developed, and i hadnt any idea what way it could turn. The Game play was new and creative which i liked, but a little sadness that gem were for health. The most annoying part was once you beat a place you had to go back to the temple and learn something new like after the first 2 elements they still treat you like a stupid child who has the IQ of a carrot. The grapics were quiet amazing. Dispite some things seemed to be repeated but colored differently. Things flowed good, but then stopped rewound and repeated. I kinda hopped for more free will to go places. This is like #3 on favorites.

Ten...... Eternal Night.... This takes #1. The story since took after LoS first one..... This seemed to go a little more indepth and actualy had me hoocked on this story line. And yes i became addicted to the story of Cynder. Her story seemed interesting enough and drew me in more. Her and Spyro became my top 2 favorite characters. The game play was pritty much the same but added dragon time so the battles got harder because there were more at once. I liked the difficulty makeing this a much better game to play. Though you had to relearn your breaths, they made it more into the story instead return and do this just so you can continue. But in that it kind of adds to the story. The graphics still amazing, and the story runned much smoother. The ending was extreamly suspensful to me and made me hope for the next one to be like the grandfanally at 4th of july. I was also one of the many who Even though I got it like 3 days after it came out ever akeing day after beating it made me hurt so bad waiting for this final chapter. Once I heard the rights got sold i became scared. But All together This is My #1 favorite out of all of them.

DotD...... Ummm yea. about this one...... im a little hurt and sad. Story to me was completely messed up from what the original story was, Didnt start out at all like many wanted. The story itself how ever..... Tooo SHoooort. I honestly felt like i was playing Eragon the Video game all over but with a larger map. The fights were to easy, bosses medium difficulty, and over all challenges would be difficult if you had a disease that you cant remember the last 5 seconds of your life. Once you traviled around the map you found the one and pritty much only puzzle. They messed up the characters mainly Cynder in my view, the Grapics annoyed me most.... Look at Ignitus He looks happy all the time! Throw a rock at him, Poke him with a stick because the graphics make him look smiling. Over all flow...... very slow. This honestly in my opinion rated lower the Year of the dragonfly and that one was anoying to me. Mostly non of you will read this and only the rateings above. But oh well. Those who read thats all my opinions. AND NO GBA ones dont count. there were anoying and couldnt move the camera.  no map no nothng.

I am a starting artist and video editor.

#40 Sep 24, 2009 10:43 PM

Scaily
Website

i read it and must agree with what you said dragon protector x you hit my analisis on the head XD 1 TEN 2 anb3 spyro the dragon 4 dotd

#41 Sep 26, 2009 7:09 PM

jellyspyro

mine has to be spyro 2. it introduced me to spyro. big_smile but 3 was near to be my best. Getting money bags had to be the best >:D

#42 Sep 27, 2009 2:17 AM

Jackson117

The ending might of been good if someone said SnooPING AS usual i see

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#43 Sep 27, 2009 3:29 PM

Spyroistheking989

how could any1 choose anything other that YoTD those new ones are the worst thing since Hannah Montana and a microphone smile

#44 Oct 07, 2009 12:02 AM

Saeth

What? Just one! Great... Geeze... uh, errrm, hmm...

Screw it, I like the originals, they all had some special charm for me and I can't really say one's better than the other... One game had something that the other game didn't... so yeah, the originals are my favorite.

#45 Oct 07, 2009 5:33 AM

Jackson117

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#46 Oct 07, 2009 8:38 AM

Erza
Birthday: 19 June
Website

1. Dawn of the Dragon.
2. A New Beggining.

ive never played Year of the Dragon...

#47 Oct 16, 2009 12:04 AM

Emo

I like DotD and A new beginning. The Eternal Night is an epic fail in the battle system in my opinion.

Was SavageNymph on her old disabled account.

Improved in her behavior and writing. Is very nice. Yeah...so....you know.

#48 Oct 16, 2009 1:28 AM

Dragon-expert

I love them all!! big_smile

If I don't say anything, no one can interrupt me!

Personal Quote

#49 Oct 16, 2009 6:08 PM

IceStar

Oh man thats hard. I love all of them.

#50 Oct 25, 2009 8:53 AM

dark_fury912
Birthday: 9 December

My only one is DOTD.