Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#376 Feb 27, 2009 2:02 PM

Spyro YoTd
Gems: 0

Re: Leaving and Returning Members Thread

I don't know if i should go into the aphgan war or are next war (army)

#377 Feb 27, 2009 9:44 PM

MarioSpyro

#378 Feb 27, 2009 11:45 PM

SpyroGirl101
Gems: 10
Birthday: 14 April
Website

I haven't really been on here for a long time. Well, I have, but I rarely post. So, I guess im back now. big_smile

#379 Mar 03, 2009 5:49 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

Heh, sorry I've been gone for so long. Senior year is keeping me consistently working nonstop. Went to New York two weeks ago, then just got back from Savannah, Georgia yesterday. All-State chorus killed my voice ... But I'll be fine. Right now, I'm just trying to get ready for college. And it's no fun.
But if I find any extra time, I'll try pop up in here. wink

#380 Mar 06, 2009 2:41 AM

~cornys~

Hey I'm back a little bit. I'm busy a lot of the time about now with baseball but I'm around I guess if I ever get time to get on here.

If tomorrow may never come, and yesterday is just a memory, then what is today worth?

-Cameron (Cornys) Corns

#381 Mar 06, 2009 9:51 PM

MarioSpyro

#382 Mar 10, 2009 2:27 PM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

I'm back yet again, after I announced I was back last time, my old laptop's processor burnt out hmm talk about luch eh. Anyway I finally got my new laptop and I'm back again smile

#383 Mar 10, 2009 3:55 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Welcome back! smile

#384 Mar 10, 2009 4:57 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

To anyone who cares, I'm typing up a follow-up on my laptop to why I said I was gone for a while in my last message here. I might be gone for a little while again because that "virus" that hit my new hard drive has just hit the main hard drive in the office computer. :[

I scanned my new hard drive for viruses and it turned up nothing, so I thought it would be safe to back up anything important on my new hard drive to the old one, which really was just five years' worth of Sims 2 stuff and a few pictures. The CPU in the office shares two hard drives, one for all our work and for normal internet browsing etc. the other for games that require a lot of memory. I saved my files to the games hard drive, because that was the safer option in case anything happened.

A day later, the same crap that was happening on the new hard drive starts to happen to BOTH OF THE OFFICE HARD DRIVES. D: Unless by some weird coincidence my two hard drives are both failing for some unexplained reason, which I doubt, then this has to be a virus. At this point I'm freaking out because if I lose THAT hard drive it's not just Sims files and some pictures it's SEVEN YEARS OF ARTWORK AND DESIGNS.

The only thing that really baffles me is if it's a virus, it was obviously born on the new hard drive, except how did it get in? Neither Norton nor AVG could detect it and I didn't even do ANYTHING suspicious on that computer. I didn't even check my E-mail or download anything beyond a few things on modthesims2.com, and didn't visit any webites that I normally don't visit. I even tried searching for the symptoms to find out more about it and nothing comes up. And still it is a virus that's apparently dug deep in the core of the system file. : | What's going on here?

The thing of most concern to me right now is saving my files though. My last resort is paying Geek Squad money to save them for me, but I'll have to see what I can do.

TL;DR: all my computers are having chaotic breakdowns except the laptop. If I dissappear again, this is why.

#385 Mar 10, 2009 6:34 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Wow...well that sucks. If I knew much about viruses and other crap I might have an answer....but that's certainly something to be nervous about. Maybe SR could have an answer on that...but he isn't around right now...well anyways thanks for the heads up....and Geek squad sucks something horrible....-.-

#386 Mar 10, 2009 6:48 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

I'm not really going to depend on Geek Squad to fix it, but it's the cheapest I know of around here that can save your files safely to other discs. If there's anyone else that could do this cheaper and more efficently, I'm all ears.

As for what's going on, I've already asked several people. IT professionals say it's a virus and tell me to scan, but scans turn up nothing. Others say it's a hardware error from things like overheating and improperly shutting off a computer, but seeing as it has symptoms that spread, I don't know about this. Others just say "re-format, there's no way to save your files" but we all know I can't do that. My uncle says the most he can do is give me some other virus scanner to see if it can destroy it. If it isn't a virus, I don't even know what Windows file can have that sort of spreadable hard drive corruption so whatevs. I just want to save my files at this point. :I

#387 Mar 10, 2009 7:23 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Geek squad is cheap in Florida?....wow....up here they totally screw you over on their prices....that and they never fix the problem the vast majority of the time....but anyways.....I hope that your situation gets resolved quickly.

#388 Mar 11, 2009 2:46 AM

A Guy
Website

I'm taking a 3-day break, see you all later.

#389 Mar 11, 2009 5:15 PM

ontels

Do you really need a break from a lovable bunch like us? (take me with you)

wink

#390 Mar 13, 2009 9:28 PM

MarioSpyro

#391 Mar 14, 2009 7:45 AM

ember_da_dragon
Birthday: 16 January

razz said she is leaving here...  :'(

#392 Mar 14, 2009 3:00 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

Yeah she is; I think what some of the members here have said to her have gone to her head. hmm I don't really want her to leave over something so silly. She just shouldn't care about what people say or at least if it really bothers her she should try to make good with those members since this happens all the time outside of the internet. Make sure to message her your regards.

Anyway, I should be back regularly now. I'm still on the laptop but I managed to re-format my new hard drive and it's fine now. I can probably save my Sims 2 files and the drawings, and some few things I had backed up on an old disc and on photobucket. I don't know if I'll be able to save the rest of my files but we'll see.

#393 Mar 14, 2009 6:08 PM

RedDragonX
Website

Razz was simply sick of some of the comments other members were making about her. She's gone now though and the situation has been settled. I wish her the best because she did put time into this forum. Perhaps one day she will return.

#394 Mar 14, 2009 6:13 PM

Spyro Master

Her art was quite good, but shame she ended her time on the forum like she did.

#395 Mar 14, 2009 11:40 PM

ember_da_dragon
Birthday: 16 January

yeah it's sad...

#396 Mar 15, 2009 8:48 AM

ontels

I would normally be sad about is but it anoys me that she decided to make a seperate topic about it like some 10 year old instead of posting that she is leaving here.

wink

#397 Mar 19, 2009 2:45 AM

Cyndersparx

Hai guys, its me, Cyndersparx, back from...errr...wherever I was all this time. ^^
Its nice to be here again, considering some of the things that have happned while Im gone. For all my friends I just wanna say I haven't left, lolz.
Ive got a ton of catching up to do but, you know, life and stuff...
OOC: Im reposting cause the topic was locked.

#398 Mar 19, 2009 3:18 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Welcome back from.....wherever you were smile

#399 Mar 20, 2009 9:28 PM

MarioSpyro

#400 Mar 20, 2009 10:29 PM

cynderfan
Website

Woot i'm back!!! At the worst time.... DON'T LEAVE RAZZ!!!!

Board footer