Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 03, 2008 4:43 AM

Drax
Gems: 0

How is this game?

I might rent it later over the weekend or sumthing, and go to blockbuster to rent this and enternal night for 10 bucks

So is this game like REALLY bad, or somewhat enjoyable...

#2 Apr 03, 2008 3:44 PM

Kat
Website

Re: How is this game?

#3 Apr 03, 2008 3:59 PM

Ayumi_the_Dark_Wolf
Banned
Website

ive played this game....and it is somewhat tacky...so i dont know....maybe no.... sad

#4 Apr 03, 2008 4:24 PM

Sparkz

its ok not as good as spyro V4 year of the dragon

#5 Apr 04, 2008 6:28 AM

spyromaster330

this game is somewhat enjoyable but only somewhat. Spyro sounds like a loser in this game as well. The gameplay is aimed at a younger audience so its not that much fun.

#6 Jun 24, 2008 10:49 PM

brad16

The game's better then Enter the Dragonfly but still falls behind compared to the 3 originals. Also, the gameplay is a little different.

Warning: SPOILERS...

Like - No Portals to Realms (new ways to go from realm to realm)
      - Moneybags is different
      - Gems NOT required for 100%
      - 4 Bosses - can't replay them
      - Not as many realms

But still worth buying or renting...

#7 Nov 13, 2010 8:11 AM

Lii

I love this game, it is one of m favourate Spyro games.

I almost cried when it broke, but I will buy it again on Kalahari.net

Do what you love
Love what you do

#8 Sep 05, 2012 11:26 PM

Icefang99

I find the game quite enjoyable and better than any of the other spyro video games. The thing I liked about "A hero's tail" Is the storyline, and the fun quests. However I did not like that when you finished the game, by defeating red you would go to the lab. That part was ok, the problem was if you re-entered the final area, there was no way out.

Sometimes, even when the darkest hour is at hand, you must not lose hope. Hope is what will drive you forward. Follow your heart. Fight back the darkness. Strive for the light.
--

#9 Feb 28, 2013 6:30 AM

ccrogers15
Website

Tom Kenny not voicing spyro and stewart copeland not composing music ruined it for me, and all the characters were redesigned in stupid ways. Sparks fully talking? Moneybags is aussie? Bently is dumb? Hunter is a spotted tiger?

What?

Yea, i hated this game, but its still much better then Enter The Dragonfly.

This felt more like a reboot then a sequel. So much was changed in the game from previous.

Pros:
Nothing

Cons:
Graphics. The graphics RUINED IT. I dont know, but look at spyro 1,2,3 and 4. The design of levels, creatures, and friends, and spyro, all look magical. But in spyro Heros tail, it all changed.
Moneybags being aussie
Spyros new voice
New music composer
Boring plot
No portals
Open world (Kinda)
Tacky storyline
Bad control scheme

Heros tail never should of been made.

#10 Apr 21, 2013 7:01 PM

Kariana<3

Just amazing. I actually believe this game is very underrated.

I'm trying to start some Spyro Projects, check my guestbook for details, please throw some ideas to me so I can do as best as I can for the fandom. ^^

#11 Apr 22, 2013 12:07 PM

Nomad
Website

I really liked it, can't decide if it's better than Enter the Dragonfly. It needs some getting used to once you start playing but by the end I'm sure you'll like it. I prefer it over the The Legend of Spyro reboot games.

#12 Apr 22, 2013 1:44 PM

ccrogers15
Website

#13 Apr 22, 2013 6:28 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

I actually think it was a fun game that managed to do some things differently while still feeling like a Spyro game, unlike the TLoS series. I'll grant you that not everything is perfect and some of the changes are a little weird, like the voice acting and childish humor, but I still enjoyed playing it a lot. I really enjoyed the colorful worlds and platforming (well, except for maybe the Blink levels).

#14 Apr 22, 2013 7:25 PM

ccrogers15
Website

#15 Apr 22, 2013 8:13 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Saying that is basically like saying Tom Kenny and Stewart Copeland were the only things worthwhile about the original series. They were great and all, but voice acting and music doesn't make or break the game for me; what's important is the game itself.

#16 Apr 22, 2013 8:17 PM

ccrogers15
Website

#17 Apr 22, 2013 8:22 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

While the music did add a lot to the original trilogy, I would definitely disagree that it was the only thing that gave the worlds life. There is much more to the game world than just music.

Tom Kenny just did the voice acting, not the script for Spyro's lines. Given better writers, Spyro could have had the same personality, just a different voice. I think this is something they tried to do but couldn't quite get right.

#18 Apr 22, 2013 8:36 PM

ccrogers15
Website

You also have to consider that moneybags and hunter were given largely different personalities. While hunter in Spyro 1-4 was the type of cheetah to be smart but act dumb, spyro 5 hunter was the skater "Dudeeeeeeeeeee!" type.
Moneybags became an australian with a muslim style outfit, bently who use to be smart was made to look dumb.

Basically, Heros Tail felt like a reboot.
Really absolutely no connection to past games aside from gnasty gnorc and other characters.
I would consider Spyro AHT, Orange and shadow legacy as their own reboot series, and non canon to spyro 1-4 and the GBA games at all.

I dont think the developer of the game ever played the past games. I just think they looked at screenshots and videos. Its pretty obvious.

#19 Apr 22, 2013 8:41 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I don't remember Hunter being anything like what you described in AHT. If anything he seemed smarter than before.

I'm not trying to argue that it's not different than the originals, or that it's better. I'm saying it's different, but I still found it fun in its own way, despite the changes. Basically, I don't think it sucks just because they changed the voices, music, and some of the characters.

#20 Apr 22, 2013 9:53 PM

RangerOfIthilien
Gems: -495
Birthday: 30 March

Chessmaster
Level 67

#21 Apr 22, 2013 10:05 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Right, it would be like saying TLoS is bad just because they changed everything. I'm no fan of that series, but it's not just because it's different, but because I think it's bad in its own right. Simply pointing out how it's different from previous Spyro games doesn't prove anything about the quality; you have to actually explain why that makes it bad for your argument to make any sense.

#22 Apr 23, 2013 4:07 AM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

the fact that it's different could be a valid point for some people. significant changes might actually be more okay, it's the small details like changes in personality and voices that put some people off.

#23 Apr 23, 2013 4:17 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Yeah, different people are obviously going to be bothered by different things, but I guess I just can't understand being bothered by a change just for the fact that it's a change. I was trying to say that the game is good independently of the context of previous games, so harmless changes shouldn't matter. But if he wants to be bothered by it he has every right, of course.

#24 Apr 23, 2013 8:31 AM

ccrogers15
Website

The reason it was bad was because the developer tried so hard to emulate the old spyros, yet somehow down the line of development thought it was the perfect idea to make spyro like he was, remove tom and stewart, change the personality of many characters.

I hated that. Bad.
Even the designs of the characters prove that this game should not be canon to the past games.
I will strongly always say Heros Tail, Orange and Shadow Legacy was its own series, like the 3 legend games were their own series.

#25 Apr 23, 2013 3:48 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

I think you're right; they're definitely their own series separate from the first three games. I'm not so sure we can say they were trying to emulate the old Spyro games exactly, though....

Board footer