Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#76 Mar 12, 2008 10:36 PM

Ignitus's #1fan
Gems: 0

Re: The Official Ignitus Fan Club

Well, I can't say I'm enthusiastic all the time... but I can't help but be enthusiastic when it comes to Ignitus XD.

Well, it's what I've been told, I'm not really sure...

I agree. I wish the guardians would've gotten more attention in TEN hmm... they're great characters and deserve much more attention than they are given hmm... especially Ignitus hmm...

Yeah, I think so too. And also, Ignitus not only fits under the category of "guardians" but also under "family"... or close to it anyway big_smile. At the very least, he's Spyro's father figure(the official Spyro site says that he's Spyro's father figure), and it's likely that he IS Spyro's dad big_smile. But yeah, I hope he does get more attention... do you hear me, Krome XD?!

I'll check out that link as soon as I can big_smile. As for having the plot spoiled... I couldn't help it XD. I wanted to know what happens(what happens to Ignitus, mainly XD), and I also knew that I wouldn't be able to get TEN anytime soon(I don't have a Wii or PS2 for it, and I'm stuck in Romania...).

Ooooooh, awesome Ignitus pics!!!! I know that those were on that site before, I even had one as my channel background on youtube, but then I think that they were removed, because none of the links would work anymore hmm. Thanks, now I can see those wonderful snapshots again big_smile!!!! Must use one as youtube background... *drools* big_smile...

Yeah, I noticed that SamSam does come on this fan club tongue. I'm glad to see that there are other big fans of Ignitus too big_smile. Before, I was never really able to find one for the life of me tongue.

So I'm not the only one who thinks that tongue. But of course, note that I'm supposed to not take it badly, meanwhile, I bet you $100 that if I had gone on the Cynder thread and pointed out that I think Cynder is mostly likely to die and that Spyro and Cynder relationship is also cliche, people wouldn't have thrown tomatoes at me; they would've thrown watermelons tongue. Oh well, whatever XD.

I'm fun and easy to get along with? I don't hear that very often tongue. Usually, I'm the way I am now, but when people tick me off, I am not too pleasant tongue. And unfortunately, I get ticked of somewhat easily when it comes to things I'm passionate about (like the Spyro series, and especially Ignitus, for example tongue).

Thank you smile!!!!! I hope you're right big_smile.

Ooooooh, excellent!!!! Those will probably help me immensely!!!!!! Thank you smile:):) *hugs* big_smile.

"May the ancestors look after you... may they look after us all" - Ignitus

#77 Mar 13, 2008 9:17 AM

Dragran

For some reasons, I knew that you would mention that Ignitus is both a guardian and family to Spyro. XD Well, of course.  smile In some cultures, a guardian is consider to be the parent as well.

So, do you have any idea if you'll be getting TEN at all? I hope that you'll have either a Wii or a PS2 to play the third LoS game when the third game comes out, Ignitus's #1fan. = /

Pfft, watermelons? One of the Cynder fans that I met tried to tie me to a rocket that is heading straight for the Sun! Just because I said " Cynder is a good character ".  sad  ... Ok, I made that up, but still. >_>   

I think your feelings are quite natural, Ignitus's #1fan. Not too many people are pleasant when they're mad. It's also pretty common for people to be defensive over something that they're passionate about. You're just being yourself after all, right? 

Anyway.... I read some of the things that you were talking to Razz about on DA, regarding Ignitus obviously. I would like to comment a bit on it as well...

Like Razz said, those comics about Ignitus were meant to entertain and delight various audience; they are not meant to be used as canonical proofs in any way whatsoever.

Ignitus putting Spyro up against a horde of dummies on fire and being thorough with the trainings that he gave Spyro? ... I actually see that as a very fathery act. Really now, Spyro is getting send off to fight hordes of apes, evil creatures, and gravity ( Just kidding. >_> ). If the trainings that Ignitus gave Spyro is easy, Spyro would most likely end up dying in the actual battle. Ignitus... Must have been very concern about Spyro and gave him a very intense training session, to make sure that he's not sending Spyro on a suicide mission. I'm pretty sure that Ignitus would prefer Spyro fainting in the training room than dying in the actual battle.

As for Ignitus sending Spyro on missions by himself... That's also a very fathery act. If Ignitus were to help Spyro every step of the way... What would Spyro do when Ignitus isn't with him? It's common for a father to teach his son how to do something ( or daughter in some case) by having his child fight or do something by themselves. The child would then be more adapt to how harsh the world is, and could survive by him or herself. However, don't mistake an uncaring father for this type of behaviour though; the one that cares will still step in every now and then.

I guess... Fatherhood is a bit complicated in the sense that they have to be cruel to be kind at times.

#78 Mar 13, 2008 10:29 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

Well, Ignitus is a guardian, but not that definition of "guardian" tongue. But still, I understand what you were trying to say big_smile.

I don't know when I'm getting it... hopefully soon hmm. Hopefully I won't have to ask my friend to spoil TLoS 3 for me too XD. When I do get it, I'll probably get a Wii and the Wii version, since I have the Gamecube version of ANB, and I hear that there's a feature on TLoS 3 that gives you bonus stuff if you have save data from the previous two games(basically, they have to be on the same system, and Gamecube data works on the Wii).

You say you made that up, yet I wouldn't be surprised if that actually happened >_>. So many Cynder fans are just ridiculous. They think Cynder is some sort of goddess of all characters and that she doesn't deserve any criticism. When they criticise Ignitus but I stand up for him, I get slapped around and called a fanboy, but if I dare criticise Cynder, they ambush me!

Well, yeah, but... I tend to go overboard. I have an anger problem, something inherited from my father >_>. I tend to lash out at anyone who ticks me off.

Not only were those comics non-canon, they were also rather exaggerated(they were comics, so no surprise); Ignitus may have let loose all those dummies, but he wasn't cruel to Spyro(he was always kind to Spyro, he never took such a nasty attitude), and stuff like that.

I have to agree. Ignitus was doing what's best for Spyro. And trust me, I know what you mean when you say "However, don't mistake an uncaring father for this type of behaviour though; the one that cares will still step in every now and then."; some fathers really need to learn when enough is enough and when their child deserves some words of praise too, not just piles of criticism and yelling and even beyond yelling(trust me, I personally know all this...). I really do understand fathers, really. You're right, sometimes dads have to be a little cruel in order to be kind; that's what I love about Ignitus, really. To me, he seems like the kind of dad who'd yell at you, but then realize he was wrong to do that, and apologize, and tell you what you did wrong the right way.

I'm glad that you see things the right way in this matter...

That Ignitus1976 guy is really getting on my nerves. First he tries to convice me that Ignitus wouldn't make a good dad by showing me non-canon comics and giving me pitiful reasoning, and then he expects me to let it go and pretend he didn't do anything? In fact, look on my page; he saw I'm 15, but he linked to me a, quite frankly, DISGUSTING drawing, one that was in mature content(therefore I wasn't supposed to see it). As far as I can tell, this guy sees Ignitus as some sort of womanizing gigolo or something, and Ignitus is clearly anything but that >_>. Let's not forget though that he's a dracofiliac(ew), who has a thing for Ignitus(double ew), and supports Ignitus x Cynder(MEGA ew... that's pedofilia!). I always thought "This guy is my competition as Ignitus's #1fan...? Does that mean I win?". I see now that there are other good, NORMAL Ignitus fans too, though, and I'm thankful for that.

Hopefully, I'll get more of my stories written soon tongue.

#79 Mar 14, 2008 8:29 AM

Dragran

Hmm... The PS2 is probably cheaper than the Wii, but I see what you're saying, Ignitus's #1fan. I have no idea how big your budget is, but I hope it works out in your favour. = /

I couldn't help but wonder what kind of memory unlockables they have in mind for us... The ability to call on Ignitus to assist in battle would be nice. XD

*shrugs* I suppose some fans tend to resort to using numbers if everything else failed them. >_>

I'm sure that you will be able to better control your rage as time goes on, Ignitus's #1fan. = /

Yes, that's right. Ignitus also gave Spyro chances to back out of such a dangerous mission, but Spyro still insists on going up against Cynder and the apes anyway. So, Ignitus see Spyro as something MUCH more valuable than just a mere "tool" to save the dragon race.

... From what little I know about Ignitus1976, he seems to be careless about what he says or does sometime. A few months ago, I remember him doing something that really upset a few of his friends, and apparently, he was very surprise that his " friends " block him on DA afterward... I suppose he didn't think about the consequences of his actions. I'm not sure whether you still wish to remain friend with him or not, but keep in mind that you're probably not the first person to be upset by his actions.

Fandoms are pretty complicate.... There's no one simple way to define and measure it, in my opinion. For example, having the most Ignitus drawings in your gallery don't necessary mean that you're the best Ignitus fan. It's unfair to recognize someone with the most fan contributions as the best fan since the people with the most time to spare would end up getting that title. = /

Well, don't force yourself to write if you simply aren't in the mood for writing. Remember that this fandom is still suppose to be for fun too.  smile

#80 Mar 14, 2008 10:53 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

#81 Mar 15, 2008 10:44 AM

Dragran

I can see it now... The ape soldiers, who has Spyro trapped, advances on Spyro until... WHAM. Ignitus emerges from the sky and lands on Sparx, making it so that Sparx can't talk as quickly or as loud as before! At this point, everyone rejoices and the LoS series get a happy ending. XDXD

That was one of the more comedical endings I made up in case you're wondering. >_>

Ah... Yeah, some Cynder fans can be really close-minded. = /

I'm not sure what it is that Ignitus1976 did, but I'm guessing that he made some sort of drawing for that particular friend. From the look of it, his friend were offended by how his or her character was inaccurately portrayed by him.

Nah, I think the length is just right.  smile I couldn't help but feel happy upon reading the scene myself.

Hmm... It's disappointing how Ignitus and the other guardians barely have any scene time in TEN. I was also interested in seeing how Ignitus will look like in an FMV (Full motion video) from TEN, especially since Spyro and Cynder seem to have a better appearance during the FMV in TEN.

#82 Mar 15, 2008 11:03 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

Lol! You seem to really hate the Sparx from the new series big_smile.

I'm no sure what Ignitus1976 could've done... oh well, I'm not sure I care anyway tongue.

Thank you smile.

I wish the guardians had been given more attention in TEN sad... although... I don't really like the FMV's. I prefer the normal, in-game cutscenes. In the FMV's(the first and last cutscenes), to me, all the characters seem to look like they're covered in toothpaste; in ANB, I think Ignitus looked much better in the normal cutscenes than in the first and last cutscenes. I dunno hmm... in ANB, where did YOU think Ignitus looked better big_smile? I say the in-game cutscenes, but I wanna know what you think too big_smile.

#83 Mar 16, 2008 10:16 PM

Dragran

#84 Mar 17, 2008 10:58 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

Hmmm, I'm not so sure about the movie... but like you said, I hope they at least stay true to Ignitus and make him as accurate as possible.

Ignitus was saying in the first picture "You can, Spyro, you can... you are a purple dragon, a very special creature.". I didn't go check that, I just remember it very well smile.

Great pics!!!!! I have never seen the GBA one before. Thanks for showing smile!!!!

Also... you're right!!!!! Ignitus is very important if he even got a wallpaper smile!!!!!!! COOL!!!!!

#85 Mar 17, 2008 11:01 PM

Spartan Dragon
Website

^ The first pic, I think I remember what Ignitus was saying. I think it was "Yes you can Spyro. You are a purple dragon, a very special creature"

One way to survive a horror movie

If you have a choice to hide in the closet OR run outside, RUN THE **** OUTSIDE!

#86 Mar 17, 2008 11:03 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

Lol, I think we posted at the same time, because I had already said that XD.

#87 Mar 17, 2008 11:04 PM

Spartan Dragon
Website

Oh sorry.

You know what I wonder? Where does Ignitus come from, I mean his real home and does he even have a family? Questions that will never be answered.

If you have a choice to hide in the closet OR run outside, RUN THE **** OUTSIDE!

#88 Mar 17, 2008 11:22 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

Well, as i have said before, I'm making plans to make fanfics about all the guardians' pasts; and that includes Ignitus smile. I know it won't be the OFFICIAL story, but that doesn't mean it won't be interesting to write about their pasts big_smile.

#89 Mar 17, 2008 11:25 PM

Spartan Dragon
Website

I'll be sure to check that out.

#90 Mar 17, 2008 11:39 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

If you wanna check out some stories, look earlier on the thread; i've started a project in which I'm writing 100 short stories about Ignitus. I have written the first 4 short stories. Look earlier on the thread for links to them smile.

Also, it'll be a while before I write the fics about the guardians' pasts, but I WILL write them eventually big_smile. I'm still playing around with ideas; I wanna make sure it comes out good smile.

#91 Mar 17, 2008 11:47 PM

Spartan Dragon
Website

Already read them.

I'm sure it will come out great.

#92 Mar 19, 2008 7:36 AM

Dragran

Ah... So that's what Ignitus said in that picture. I'm not surprise at all that you remember, Ignitus's #1fan.  big_smile

By the way, how did all of you first learned about Ignitus? In other words, is any of you aware that Ignitus exists before seeing him in ANB? I actually found out about Ignitus on Wikipedia while reading an article about ANB. 

With you as the writer, I'm certain that your story about the guardian's pasts will be very interesting, Ignitus's #1fan. In fact, it will be so exciting to the point that even the Chronicle has to come out of the cave just to not miss out on the fic. XD

#93 Mar 19, 2008 11:24 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

#94 Mar 21, 2008 7:26 AM

Dragran

That's a very affectionate and passionate story, Ignitus's #1fan.  smile

Ignitus's #1fan... From what I read, it sounds like someone was horribly ranting about Ignitus and Spyro's bond again.

Please don't let his or her rant burns you up too much, Ignitus's #1fan. We have already found so many signs and evidences that the father-son bond between Spyro and Ignitus are very real, and such bond are extremely difficult to break.

I would even go as far as to say that Spyro care about Ignitus as much as he cares for Cynder... Simply because when Cynder captured Ignitus in ANB, Spyro basically risked his life to raid Concurrent Sky and rescue Ignitus, similar to how Spyro risked his life to raid Mount Malefor and rescue Cynder.

So... You're telling me that someone out there actually thinks Spyro would suddenly drop all of his feelings about Ignitus if he meets his " real " parent in the next game? ... What a joke. Nothing short of a brain control could make Spyro ditches Ignitus, in my opinion. Oh, but then again, maybe if Krome do something like hiring a certain someone in your family as their new script writer, that might get the job done too.  :-P   

Oh, I do visit the Sierra forum from time to time, but I don't post as much; it's probably a bad idea for me to join too many forums... In any case, I'm not sure if I want to read what the other guy was ranting to you about, Ignitus's #1fan. I'm certain the only things that I'll read his or her rant as is " HATE. HATE. HATE. " >_>

In case you're wondering.... I do know what your real name is, but I still call you by your screen name to not give the name away to the many hidden rabid fans of Ignitus, Ignitus's #1fan.  big_smile

#95 Mar 21, 2008 9:38 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Hey Ignitus's#1fan, i know you from Sierra forums!!!!!!
I'm Aang there!!!
well anyways, hi.

#96 Mar 21, 2008 10:50 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

To Aang: Hey, Aang! I didn't know you were around here tongue.

To Dragran: Thank you, Dragran smile.

Well... I already told you on dA what the person said. The person is an idiot, to say the least >_>.

IMO, Spyro cares about Ignitus AT LEAST as much as he does about Cynder. Spyro looked just about ready to cry when Ignitus got captured. And what's more, for some reason, I think Spyro needs a father more than he needs a girlfriend, but that's just me tongue. I'm not saying he doesn't care about Cynder, he obviously does; I'm just saying I think Ignitus is at least as important to him, if not more big_smile. I'm glad that at least you agree with me on that big_smile.

And also, we see plenty of clues that Ignitus actually probably is Spyro's "real" dad, as well. And even if they're not biologically related, the strong bond they share is still there; whoever denies that must be blind neutral.

What's your username on Sierra?

You can call me by my real name if you want to big_smile... if someone tries to take the title of Ignitus's#1fan away from me, I'll instantly take it back because they've got nothing on me big_smile.

Quick poll: Do you guys think that Ignitus is red, orange, or somewhere in between? And if he's somewhere in between, which is he more towards? When I'm asking what color, I don't mean the spots/markings/wings, because those are obviously red; I mean his actual body color. I'm asking because I've been having a chat with a lot of people on dA and they insist that he's orange, even though I say he's somewhere between red and orange but more towards red(about 55-65% towards red). big_smile

#97 Mar 22, 2008 3:43 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

I dunno, he's kind of in between. (i wondered about that)

#98 Mar 22, 2008 10:07 AM

Dragran

#99 Mar 22, 2008 9:40 PM

Ignitus's #1fan

#100 Mar 24, 2008 4:53 AM

SamSam