Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Feb 19, 2008 3:00 PM

abbey1053
Gems: 0

Re: Is Spyro a crazed killer? (SPOILERS)

Technically Spyro did listen to the Chronicler. Remember he said 'you will soon have to choose your own path'.

#27 Feb 19, 2008 10:14 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Oh yeah,
I forgot...lol, but the fact that Spyro went to save Cynder even though she had tried to kill him once proves how amazing he is
as a character. He's always willing to help and that's very good.

- Justin Long Fanatic

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#28 Feb 20, 2008 8:44 AM

ratchet
Website

Original Spyro- Yes! He toasts Toasty For Fun Aswell as other creatures.
New Spyro- No! All those monkeys are made of gems.

#29 Feb 20, 2008 1:58 PM

Razz
Website

Gaul wasn't. o.O And just because they're gems doesn't mean they aren't living creatures in their own right. They scream and suffer before they vanish, after all.

#30 Feb 20, 2008 3:43 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Hmm, I'm kind of... half and half. I wouldn't say Spyro's a crazed killer honestly. Gaul might've tortured Cynder... again, and turned her evil... again. He forced Cynder to attack Spyro, even if it was just a ruse planned by Cynder. So technically, Gaul would've caused Cynder to bring more suffering if he had turned her evil again, effectively putting more doubt in Cynder's mind, and possibly Spyro's.

#31 Feb 21, 2008 3:56 AM

Spyrofriend
Gems: 147

Razz I wouldn't say the cHrnicler was manipulative, but rather willing to let things play themselves out. Its conservtive its safe, its all he's ever done over 1000 years is be a bystander. Spyro, by his choice isn;t leavving anything up to chance.

#32 Feb 21, 2008 5:00 AM

ratchet
Website

New Spyro's Personality is a bit.... odd. He seems to be a non-violent creature but when he fights, he REALLY gets violent. I think because Gaul was so Evil that he didn't care about the goodness of him.

#33 Feb 21, 2008 2:49 PM

Razz
Website

I have to disagree about the Chronicler. He is very manipulative.

To start, he lured Spyro to the Forbidden Forest because he either knew the pirates were there or he placed them there. This nearly gets Spyro killed when Arborick attacks him (and it does get Arborick killed and, as far as we know, he was just defending his forest). The manipulation of the pirates gets the Manweersmalls and Cynder captured and it forces Spyro to do a lot of killing.

The Chronicler's visions put him in direct danger by knocking him unconscious at very bad times. Even when Spyro is on his way to the Chronicler's cave, the old guy can't just let him find it himself; he knocks Spyro out (after having destroyed an entire fleet of pirates and possible innocents besides the Manweersmalls who were on board, just to get Spyro over the water at that spot) and has him bodily hauled to the White Isle. Let us not forget the death traps thereon.

Finally, when Spyro meets him, not only does the Chronicler care about nothing save destiny (he's willing to put everyone Spyro cares for in danger, as well as the entire world, just to keep him), but he tries to talk Spyro out of fighting at all. Let us also not forget that he has a secret door to Malefore in his living room. I call that suspicious. o.O

#34 Feb 21, 2008 3:31 PM

abbey1053

Yeah but remember in  ANB Ignitus kept putting Spyro on dangerous tasks that made players suspicious of him. For example sending Spyro to a volcano that s going to blow up at any minute and yet he still told him to go.

#35 Feb 21, 2008 3:57 PM

Razz
Website

True (and I still find all of that very amusing) but he was doing it for Spyro's sake. You can see in the game that Ignitus actually cares for him, even if he is tormenting the little guy. Ignitus put his life in danger to save Spyro from Cynder. But the Chronicler has been nothing short of aloof and selfish. He teaches Spyro the elements for destiny's sake and to accomplish his own goals.

#36 Feb 21, 2008 5:13 PM

Spyrofriend
Gems: 147

I don't think it was manpulative..Folowing his visions is a dangerous thing,, especisllly whenm you are a dragon wandering about. the Chronicler even warned him abiout Gaul and the Dark Master. as for the tests, he had to be sure, the conservqative type doesn't like making mistakes. I think we'll see more og the Chronicler oin the 3rd game, I suspect he was one of the elders that sealed the Dm away.

#37 Feb 25, 2008 9:57 PM

Scarabbug

Board footer