Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Mar 23, 2008 11:19 AM

ratchet
Gems: 0
Website

Re: My opinion on the newer looking Spyro

New Spyro is good in too many atributes. Like he is courageous against evil and strong, yet he is sensative and Kind. Too perfect.

#27 Mar 23, 2008 3:11 PM

Scarabbug

Well, he's an original character, not a fan character, so he's not a Mary  Sue/Gary Stu (look it up) and pretty much gets away with it. I like both the spyro's personalities, for different reasons. I also imagine the new spyro's personality might change a little bit after the end of the last game...

The new style took some getting used to for me, too, but I appreciate how well it works.

It would be nice to see some of the old style returning for the movie, but I have to wodner HOW they'd do that. Don't forget the rogiinal Spyro's design was limited by technology constraints, and that's at least in part why he looked the way he did. Now such limis don't exist, and trying to iminiate styles which worked on more basic software looks dorky XD

#28 Mar 23, 2008 11:14 PM

ratchet
Website

yeah, i know what you mean, it would be hard to recreate Spyro with HD, when i saw Ratchet & clank & Capatain Quark in HD i was really... gobsmacked, they looked so much different just like the plumber said "Oh its you, didn't recognise you in High Def!"

I find that New Spyro is the "official" version of a Gary Stu, seriously!

#29 Mar 25, 2008 2:26 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

New Spyro doesn't that bad... he's younger than the old one was, and in the FMVs he looks really cute.
Lol...alligator puppy...

#30 Mar 25, 2008 5:01 AM

ratchet
Website

He has the head of a crocodile, and a body of a dog, the old one had a head of a Dragon and the body of A DRagon... hmmmmmm

#31 Mar 25, 2008 5:16 AM

Juice box

Woooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!

#32 Mar 25, 2008 5:19 AM

ratchet
Website

haha, that is true actually. YEt i've already replied to that so....

#33 Mar 26, 2008 6:31 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

let's see...old Spyro looked like a retarted gecko cat with the stupidest wings i've ever seen...new Spyro looks like a dragonish baby croc with wings that are pretty cool but could stand to be improved.
Well, i'd say the odds are against the old one.

#34 Mar 26, 2008 7:23 AM

ratchet
Website

Ahhh, he didn't look like a gecko, or a cat, and his wings werent bad at all. Stop trying to look for payouts lol.
If you compare New Spyro's body to a small dogs, you can see it clearly. And his head (especially TEN coverart) looks like a baby crocodile's as you said.
Old Spyro's body is quite unique yet still pretty similar to a domestic mammal like a dog yet still not really like it.
His head is pure dragon.

#35 Mar 26, 2008 9:38 AM

Juice box

#36 Mar 26, 2008 7:41 PM

Scarabbug

*Sighs impatiently* Look, folks, I'm up for healthy debate as much as the next person, but can't we all just agree to disagree and move along already?

#37 Mar 27, 2008 7:36 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Juicebox...why don't you like me? i consider everyone here a friend.
I have played the old ones, i just the new ones more. i've said that before.
I don't hate them, hell, i loved them...until T.L.o.S. I was in a weird mood when i said the gecko thing...don't bag me for it.
On the whole you've made me very upset.

#38 Mar 27, 2008 10:32 PM

Juice box

I just don't like it when people hate on the old Spyro. TLOS is just a dumb rip-off of Spyro the Dragon. People should have more appreciation for the awesomeness of the old games.

#39 Mar 28, 2008 12:02 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

I don't hate the old ones, I love them, it's only that T.L.o.S is more to my tastes then the old ones. And i think that the old ones get ALOT of appreciation....Also, ignore my post about the gecko and all that other crap... dunno why i wrote it...i was kind of angry about all the things they were saying about the new Spyro.
I like both of them in their own different games (they're almost exactly the opposite of each other) The old Spyro looked pretty good, but wouldn't fit in T.L.o.S, and the new Spyro looks pretty good, but wouldn't fit in the Insomniac world. They both fit in their respective worlds.
And that's the longest post i've ever written. Can we put this behind us now? big_smile

#40 Mar 28, 2008 3:01 AM

cynderfan
Website

#41 Mar 28, 2008 3:27 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

I've said it before and I'll say it again...I like the new Spyro much more than the old one because of the action, storyline, and yeah, I guess I like the look better too.
I like the originals, but the brightly coloured worlds, the cute goofiness, and the lack of action except for burning sheep (man I loved doing that) just got boring after a while.

#42 Mar 28, 2008 5:54 AM

ratchet
Website

awwww, i missed out on the debate... owell.
Well im too stressed to argue with you at the moment anyway, but I dont mind the newer spyro's look and i think what maniac said about their respective worlds is true.
PS: Saying that new Spyro resembles a dog is not supposed to be a payout, it is a simple fact and there is nothing bad about that.

#43 Mar 28, 2008 6:56 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Lol, i never thought i'd see the day when you missed out on a debate Ratchet. :-P
And what the hell are you talking about with the payout thing??? I don't understand...

#44 Mar 28, 2008 7:57 AM

ratchet
Website

I was saying that if New Spyro resembled a dob it doesn't matter, it doesn't mske him any less dragon.

#45 Apr 03, 2008 5:31 AM

Drax

I will always love the classic old school look more...but i do like his new look

#46 Apr 03, 2008 12:19 PM

Game_Girl_2007

I know it's hard for some children to understand. But change happens all the time. We jsut have to grow up, get used to it and deal with it. If kids are acting like THIS because of changes in a game, then your gonna get quite a shock when you get older. Cause change is EVERYWHERE.

The old Spyro may have been awesome to me if I was like 9 years old. But I'm 19 now. The old games are too kiddy for me. The enw Spyro seems to be aiming for slightly older gamers.

and like I said. Either deal with the change, or shut up and stop complaining. At least the series hasen't totally died. At least a company had the heart to at least keep it going.

The LoS series did NOT ruin the fandom. Nor would a Spyro movie ruin it. The fans are doing that themselves by their constant whining and complaining about small, idiotic things. It's the Sonic fandom all over again.

#47 Apr 03, 2008 3:47 PM

Kat
Website

Hey, come on now. No need to be so snippy over a videogame character's appearance. =P We're still human beings and can voice our opinion on stuff. I still don't like the new Spyro because I find him flat-out UGLY like an experiment gone wrong (the gigantic skull, the creepy bug-eyes, the wobbly snout... I do like his body shape now, though) but at least I don't tell the people who like it to 'shut up and stop complaining' about those who disagree.
I just, you know, give them gentle nudges to be a little friendlier. XD
(And end up getting clobbered.)

Anyway, this is kind of turning into a hate thread, so let's get those HAPPY VIBES going! <3

#48 Apr 03, 2008 4:16 PM

Ayumi_the_Dark_Wolf
Banned
Website

i dont hate the old series but i like the new spyro look, and you got a point there, this thread needs happy vibes! *plays some happy hardcore music*

(you all know what im talking about right?  )

#49 Apr 03, 2008 4:17 PM

Sparkz

hm... i dont get what you are saying lol

#50 Apr 03, 2008 8:39 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

Board footer