Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jan 25, 2008 7:57 AM

Volteer32
Gems: 0

Now this is really starting to aggravate me, and honestly I don't wanna see these things anymore!!

For those that have the PS2 version you will know where I'm at

On the Pirate ship up the back, stacks of pirates down the bottom and a massive crate that contains these two scorpion like creatures (yep they're the same ones as were back in the arena)

No matter how hard I try to beat these things they always corner you and just hammer away at you until you're dead.

C'MON THERE MUST BE AN UNLIMITED HEALTH CHEAT SOMEWHERE FOR THIS GAME!!!!

Tried different ways and still nothing - are they vulnerable to any of Spyro's furies ???

I managed to get one separated from the other one but couldn't get the tailstrike down in time and the bloody *bleep* regenerated!!!

#2 Jan 25, 2008 9:09 AM

EternalNight

Re: Now this is really starting to aggravate me, and honestly I don't wanna see these things anymore!!

Have you ever tried knocking them up and hit their underside? That does damage. Use earth flare rapidly on their underside for an instant kill.
I haven't tried this, what about knocking them back and quickly use a fury.

#3 Jan 25, 2008 9:31 AM

Volteer32

Re: Now this is really starting to aggravate me, and honestly I don't wanna see these things anymore!!

Yeah take one out or both with a Fire Fury after doing an Earth Pound or using Dragon Time to knock both up

#4 Jan 25, 2008 11:29 AM

ratchet
Website

The first scorpians were annoying. I'll see what your talking aout when i get up to the pary YOUR at

#5 Jan 25, 2008 1:26 PM

SamSam

#6 Jan 25, 2008 3:58 PM

LordCrump10

First off, THERE IS NO CHEAT. So stop asking.

Second off, there are infinitely many strategies to getting rid of the Blunder Tails. The Most obvious one is to coax one of them away from the other and pick them off one at a time. If you go into Dragon Time and do a knock-up attack to expose them, then unfreeze, you can get a good 4 or 5 melee hits in before the Blunder Tail defends itself again.

Another option is Earth Pound which will expose both of them.

And if they backed you into a corner, jump and use Comet Dash to escape from them.

#7 Jan 25, 2008 11:17 PM

Zekira Drake

Soz...

You just have to learn to be persistent.

Now this is the problem. You people may not have experience on the really hard games like Devil May Cry, God of War, Monster Rancher, etc.

The essence of defeating the game is to LEARN ON YOUR OWN.

As for me, I usually finish the game up before I actually approach any experts. This is what playing games are all about; your skills and virtues. If you are successful in life, it's just the same way for games, just in an easier manner. And that's why there have been studies showing that successful people now are usually game addicts, too.

As for your question, I'll get up some basic things to know when forking up those Blundertails:

-DRAGON TIME -_-
-Level 3 Ice Bomb -- slows them down.
-They have weakness to Ice Element.
-Be jumpy, and ONLY ATTACK THEM WHILE YOU'RE IN THE AIR -_-
-And finally, USE YOUR L33T SKILLZ. -_- Grar.
-And most importantly, PATIENCE... -_-

#8 Jan 25, 2008 11:51 PM

Volteer32

Okay finally beat the living daylights outta those two - beat Skabb first time and second time around, now up to the third time where I'm on this circular thing - no matter what I try or how I do it - the bloody f**kin' *bleep* always beats me!!!

(Sorry to the moderators etc for swearing)

#9 Jan 25, 2008 11:55 PM

Blaze the Dragon

I find that this helps. The red bird will constantly say "Fire the cannon!" When he does, just keep avoiding them, until enemies come. When you kill them all, keep avoiding Skabb until he stabs his sword into the ground when it has the fire around it. As soon as the first ring comes out, double jump, then hover, and keep repeating until he's done. Then hit him about 5 or 6 times with Earth Melee attacks, and get far away from him, then repeat.

#10 Jan 26, 2008 12:00 AM

Volteer32

OK trying that now smile

#11 Jan 26, 2008 4:47 AM

Gwenio
Website

If you go out on to the planks to each side of the areana he cannot get to you and will goto stadding the groud stage.

#12 Jan 26, 2008 4:59 AM

Antr the Rolf
Website

Well how you gonna kill them if you can't tuoch them?And just try to study their moves and hit one at a time.If they got you cornerd from the back and front,use Dragon Time,then hold charge either one then go around the other one and do the same then jump in the air between them and keep hitting them.

#13 Jan 26, 2008 1:55 PM

DragonPrincess
Website

Use Dragon Time then Melee them, and use the Air Melee,Finally when they're down,use Tail Strike.
Sorry to tell you this,But there is NO cheat silly.

#14 Jan 26, 2008 10:05 PM

Volteer32

Yeah finally figured out there's no cheats - wonder why they decided not to add them in ...

Anyway I reckon this game's almost impossible to beat now, like I mean I've tried everything I can think of .. sure I've managed to beat the others ... but this one I don't think I'll be able to crack it for a while yet.

#15 Jan 27, 2008 2:45 AM

ratchet
Website

well yeah, you know that a game is Hard to the point when you ask for help help help in EVERY part. I think KRome just made it hard because if they made it avarage you'd only get a few hours of playtime

#16 Jan 27, 2008 6:23 AM

Zekira Drake

At least it gets you busy.

But I still finished the game in less than a day o-o

#17 Jan 27, 2008 7:38 AM

ratchet
Website

Its really just an excuse. It ups the lastability if you make it really hard. I could probably finish it in a day, but its sooooooooo boring that i only play it in 30 minute intervals.

#18 Jan 27, 2008 8:41 AM

Volteer32

Yeah well trust me I am someone that prefers the difficulty level to be taken down a couple of notches - because at the moment with Skabb Round 3 he's *bleep* near impossible to kill.

Okay just one question, you know how with some characters they have 2 sometimes 3 bars that you have to go through - tell me this guy has only one this time because if he's got 2 or more ..... I'll scream!!

#19 Jan 27, 2008 11:30 AM

Zekira Drake

As far as I remember I think he has 3 or 4 life bars.

I'm guessing three.

But it did take me more than an hour on him. Analysis is essential -_-

#20 Jan 27, 2008 12:05 PM

ratchet
Website

yeah, ANB was a sinch but TEN was badass, cant they stick in between?

#21 Jan 28, 2008 1:00 AM

Volteer32

Well ... I don't need to worry about him at all now 'cos:

I'VE BEATEN HIM!!!

How? It includes Dragon Time, sneaking in a few hits, gathering your fury gems and when you've got it to the max, just as he's doing the sword in the deck & purple ring routine .... hit him with your Earth Fury from point blank range.

That'll notch his health metre considerably ... dodge all those things that they drop on you (or at least try to).

Then wait until Dragon Time is back up - repeat process - and always use Dragon Time to keep on his back - he can't hit you there!!

You guys are right - just a simple bit of watching how they attack and what they do whenever you do something - obviously highlights a characters weakness smile

Try it - it might work for you - might not.

Now I'm up to the Celestial Caves, been through the Fire one, beat Electricity, now onto Ice (okay if you don't realise what I'm up to - I'm taking them in order from ANB).

#22 Jan 28, 2008 2:04 PM

Zekira Drake

#23 Jan 28, 2008 9:49 PM

Volteer32

Zekira that'd be the Earth Pound I think - or you talking about that thing he can swing around.

Anyways it's been a bit of a streetfight, I got past the bit where there's these things that look similar to what's on Dante's Freezer (yeah those things with the guys on their backs carrying large poles).

NOW I'm up to Gaul, think I got the dude figured, I've seen the pots on the edge of the arena.

Pity Spyro don't have his magic first round otherwise I would have smashed him with a few Polar Bombs.

#24 Jan 28, 2008 9:56 PM

Blaze the Dragon

Lol, you know what was weird Zekira? The second time I played through TEN, I beat Fire, Earth and Electricity Rooms. I was on my way to the Ice Room, and it forced me to fight the Elemental Dragon, so I'm like WTF!?

#25 Jan 29, 2008 3:51 AM

Volteer32

Okay this game's almost dusted (translation: almost finished it)

Now up to Gaul and trying to figure him out - I know those pots on the side you need to smash so he won't hit you as hard.

Board footer