Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Dec 21, 2006 6:25 PM

Shyro
Gems: 0

Re: Dragons... I can never forget them...

The dragon is a mythical creature typically depicted as a large and powerful serpent or other reptile, with magical or spiritual qualities. Mythological creatures possessing some or most of the characteristics typically associated with dragons are common throughout the world's cultures.

Although dragons (or dragon-like creatures) occur commonly in legends around the world, different cultures have perceived them differently. Chinese dragons (Simplified Chinese: 龙; Traditional Chinese: 龍; pinyin: lóng), and Eastern dragons generally, are usually seen as benevolent, whereas European dragons are usually malevolent (there are of course exceptions to these rules). Malevolent dragons also occur in Persian mythology (see Azhi Dahaka) and other cultures.

Dragons are often held to have major spiritual significance in various religions and cultures around the world. In many Eastern and Native American cultures dragons were, and in some cultures still are, revered as representative of the primal forces of nature and the universe. They are associated with wisdom—often said to be wiser than humans—and longevity. They are commonly said to possess some form of magic or other supernormal power, and are often associated with wells, rain, and rivers. In some cultures, they are said to be capable of human speech.

#27 Dec 21, 2006 7:19 PM

Zekira Drake

#28 Dec 21, 2006 8:20 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

#29 Dec 22, 2006 2:11 AM

Zekira Drake

#30 Dec 22, 2006 2:33 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

They cannot be sighted because they dont exist.

Oh coarse, i can say that 100 billion years ago there was a snake named carlos. That doesn't make it true, just because it MAY be anchient.

#31 Dec 22, 2006 1:25 PM

Theory
Website

It is pathetic wheher if they exist or not. If they were toe xist it would be good, but I doubt it.

#32 Dec 22, 2006 1:29 PM

Klone
Website

I say once again, Legends and Myths are born from truth. They are stories handed down through the genertions until the ravages of time have rendered them impossible to believe. But just because we have no proof that they now exist on this planet and in this realm, does not mean that they have never existed!!!

#33 Dec 22, 2006 5:56 PM

ontels

ROCK ON KLONE thats what I tell evreone

wink

#34 Dec 22, 2006 6:08 PM

Klone
Website

#35 Dec 23, 2006 10:05 AM

ontels

maybe one day weel see them again  :cries:

wink

#36 Dec 23, 2006 10:41 AM

Klone
Website

^_^ your enthusiasm is greatm but I think not. Thay have looong since left this realm for reasons I have not been able to define. They did however swear they would never return to this place. My thoughts are that they were hunted to near extinction, before deciding they would leave this world. The poor souls...

#37 Dec 23, 2006 6:20 PM

Zerodius

Okay... funny thread.

First, begin as mostly an art gallery thread of sorts and then turn into a ridiculous and laughable debate about dragons' existence.

So, I shall jump on the bandwagon and post my point of view, which is on the same side as Spyrorocks, our dear admin: dragons, as depicted in myths and legends, don't exist.

Fact: Dragons exist. No, I am not contradicting myself. Read fact number two for explanation of my logic.

Seconf fact: dragons in legends and real dragons are very different things. Real dragons are very large iguana-like reptiles. They're extremely large, some species carnivorous, others not. Only one specie got "wings" but don't get ideas, they can only glide around, not fly... and their "wings" aren't anything like the bat-like wings dragons get in legends. Oh and absolutely no dragon specie has any kind of magical breath. They don't breath fire, water, electricity, earth, or anything for the matter.

Third fact: no creature discovered so far seemed to be, well, aware (as in: thinking like a human does and acting in a similiar way with a civilization and all). The closest we had so far are some species of monkeys... and even then, they're quite (extremely) distant from your average human. So, no, the "real dragons" didn't left the world in ancient times or any kind of *bleep* like that. If there would have been any kind of civilization like that, there would have been traces of sorts. No, I don't believe in conspiracy theories so any point about any kind of government or organization hiding the evidence is, well, void. So all in all, dragons are iguana-like reptiles that can't fly, can't breath stuff, and can't speak.

Okay, now that this is said, let us state the final fact: dragons, as shown in fairy tales and what not, never existed. Inspired from real life animals (such as snakes and, probably, real dragons) in a way or another, most likely. But real? Nah.

Now that this is said... does it means that dragons are less cool or beautiful, menacing, nasty, nice, or whatever? Not at all.

So all in all, that's all.

Suggestion for Klone: I would like to call you "gullible" but that would be flame so I'll simply assume that you're too young at the moment to understand that mythical creatures might not be real and might be born of the imagination of people. So, pipe down before jumping on any nutcase's book and try to see what evidence the theories you support might have. Else, you might get nasty surprises...

Have a nice day everyone.

NOTE: If this post is offensive to anyone because of the aggressive tone or what not, then I apologize. But well... I hope I managed to get my point across.

NOTE 2: Even if whatever book Klone is basing himself on had "real" pictures of "real dragons", one must keep in mind the AWESOME POWER OF PHOTOSHOP (or whatever paint program you might be using). I made a believable "real life dragon" picture using such programs and so did many others. So, no, a "real picture" out of nowhere measn nothing.

#38 Dec 23, 2006 6:53 PM

Klone
Website

#39 Dec 23, 2006 7:18 PM

Clawtooth35

#40 Dec 23, 2006 7:33 PM

Zerodius

Oh well... I assumed that this thread wasn't dead yet and wanted to post my point...

Anyway, I have already stated my point. If Klone is going to believe what a random book with no evidence says, then so be it. No use in further arguments.

To Clawtooth35, I believe that your post is way worse than my own ever was. Please don't flame.

I guess that's all for this thread.

#41 Dec 23, 2006 8:39 PM

ontels

:s .......can we talk about dragons again and not argyue pleeeeeeeeese

wink

#42 Dec 23, 2006 8:39 PM

Klone
Website

For goodness sake, talk to me directly. I am not a person who likes to be spoken indirectly if the other has a point to make. And for god's sake, are you blind or just illiterate? I said that my research is NOT from a god forsaken book but from articles writen by people several centuries ago that have been translasted. That are not (repeat) NOT story books, but historical accounts. Many are just stupid tales of over-active imaginations. There are however a few that are believable enough to be taken as true. I'm not saying they ARE true, just saying that they MAY be true. Believe what you want, but talk to me directly, instead of to the next poster. I wish to be respected as an individual, not as a puppet. Any flaming in this post I meant whole-heartedly.

#43 Dec 23, 2006 8:40 PM

Klone
Website

Yes, let us forget this arguement. It is not needed in this thread.

#44 Dec 23, 2006 10:22 PM

Shyro

Dragons so mejestic and full of wonder, magic, mysterous

#45 Dec 24, 2006 7:57 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

There is no way that any animal could produce a flaming breath. as said before, the "dragons" that exist are from the reptile family. take for an example, the komoto dragon.

Another thing, klone, everyone has the right to voice their opinion as long as its in a civilized way.

#46 Dec 24, 2006 8:07 AM

Theory
Website

I think at present, Komodo Dragons are the only endangered species to live.

Like what spyrorocks Said, people can post their own opinion as long as... (Do i needa speak it out?)

#47 Dec 24, 2006 9:22 AM

Clawtooth35

He was not being civilized though because;
1) Zeronious called him gullable and if you knew him like I do them you would know better,
2) he is not too young to understand theese things as he may be only 13 bu act with a will and intelegence greater than his age,
3) how can Zeronius talk, HE IS A SPYRO HATER!!! his avatar, his occupation, his place for goodness sake all point too it!

#48 Dec 24, 2006 10:48 AM

Klone
Website

eeeeem, Clawtooth35, Zeronius is a great fan of the spyro games, otherwise he wouldn't be here. Who told you he hated them?? O_o

#49 Dec 24, 2006 11:20 AM

ontels

well he does make it sound like it but maybe he just thinks the spyro vilans are cool

wink

#50 Dec 24, 2006 11:23 AM

Klone
Website

anyways, can we get back on to the subject of dragons (or the lack of them)??

Board footer