You are not logged in.

#26 Apr 18, 2008 9:46 AM

TheManiacOnWheels
Gems: 0

Re: I don't like this game!

I never flamed anyone  :-[ I love both Spyros.
But I don't think it's an imposter. Spyro is Spyro no matter what he looks like or how the gameplay works. I'm happy about that. I just got bored of the old style and welcomed the reboot. (When are people gonna get it into their heads that it doesn't MATTER which version was better. We're Spyro fans first, Original or T.L.o.S fans second.)

#27 Apr 18, 2008 10:46 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

#28 Apr 18, 2008 10:59 PM

TheManiacOnWheels

EXACTLY!!
But I still don't think it matters which Spyro you like more. (Yay, someone else who likes both)

#29 Apr 18, 2008 11:34 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

I liked the change, really. The first day I picked up this game (ANB) I played from 8PM to 12AM. Nice!

But I also liked the originals. I played all three on the PSone and arranging for the PS2's and Shadow Legacy and GBAs.

#30 Apr 18, 2008 11:46 PM

TheManiacOnWheels

Change=:) smile smile smile smile smile smile smile

#31 Apr 19, 2008 6:19 AM

Spyro_Loves_Me
Website

Ew ... Change ... Makes me think of politics.
I remember having Ratchet's mindset at one point. Then when TEN came out, I changed. Started enjoying it more and more. Guess I got drawn in by the storyline.

#32 Apr 19, 2008 6:47 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

That was pretty much what got me addicted to it...only I liked ANB from the start.

#33 Apr 19, 2008 11:55 AM

RadSpyro
Website

I actually dislike this game too, but I enjoyed TEN. The button mashing in this game spoilt it for me, I was more of a fan of 'hit and flame' over games with loads of combos. And I preferred quests.
That, and whilst I've grown to like the new Spyro...... He's still not the Spyro I've grown to love. His cockiness was what made me love him in the first place.

#34 Apr 20, 2008 1:08 AM

ratchet
Website

Doppel, the REboot IS the Thing i hate, the fact that Sierra had just dumped and replaced the old Spyro with Something weird. Its like if Your dad shot your dog because he was bored with it, and got you a new one, but this new one was totally not like your old dog, at all. It had some good parts like it was alot nicer to you and it entertained you more but it had some bad parts like it was slow and dirty and it got boring fast. For one, you wouldn't like this dog because it isn't your old dog, the dog you loved for ages. You would also hate your dad for shooting it. To Me, the OLd Dog was the old Spyro and the new dog was TLOS Spyro. THe DAd is Sierra. BUt lets just say my old dog died of OLd Age, would i be happier? Yes i would because i'd know that it lived a long life and that his death was neccesary. THis Dog is Gex....BUt Not Old Spyro. OLd Spyro was still a young dog, it had years to live. And If Some people found this dog boring, well it doesn't mean kill it. You could teach it more tricks. What I am trying to say here is that Original Spyro didn't need to be rebooted, Maybe Add on Some better, darker story, change the gameplay, but not kill it. Having a replacement there is more annoying than having nothing, and the fact that it has the Spyro logo there gives me the right to compare it, because Sierra wants us to think it is the same series, otherwise they wouldn't of rebooted but instead, created another character. No, i dont like change, i dont want my dog dead and another in my backyard, i dont want my house demolished and a crappy new one built. I Am not a fan of change, and especially if it happens to my characters from Spyro. My OPinion.

#35 Apr 20, 2008 5:25 AM

spyromaster330

theres a big difference between a dog and a game ratchet. And Sierra did not kill Spyro. TLOS is still really good, its just not as good as the origanals. Sierra have helped Spyro with TLOS becuase if there were any more games like ETD and AHT Spyro would be dead because those games wern't very good. With TLOS they have just about fixed spyro in my opinion.

#36 Apr 20, 2008 12:53 PM

ratchet
Website

no, I didn't say that Sierra killed Spyro, i said that they killed old Spyro before he really needed to die. ETD Was A one of a kind game, the only game which made Spyro shudder, AHT Had good sales aswell, it was not a downfall for Spyro. TLOS May have boosted Spyro's Populatarity But yet again it is noit really "spyro" Anyway. TLOS didn't really fix him, at all, it just changed him. THis is not about which game is "better", And i thrankly dont care if anyone likes/dislikes TLOS or even agrees with me, all i'm saying is that everyone must understand that the Reboot was a terror on some people like me. Series of Games are like dogs, metaphoricly anyway.

#37 Apr 20, 2008 8:07 PM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

If it's broke, FIX IT!

#38 Apr 21, 2008 2:10 AM

ratchet
Website

are you saying that TLOS fixed Spyro when he was broke? well i disagree, he was never broke and TLOS did not fix him, that is all i am going to say. Oh And If you didn't realise, Game_Girl is one of the many few who flame me.

#39 Apr 21, 2008 2:19 AM

Doppelgangergang
Banned

#40 Apr 21, 2008 3:02 AM

cynderfan
Website

Moneybags listen it is a R-E-B-O-O-T ok.

#41 Apr 21, 2008 7:10 AM

spyromaster330

I think that Spyro was sorta broke after ETD and AHT in a way, but now he's pretty much been fixed. It was about time for some new gameplay after ETD and AHT in my opinion but if those games were as good as the insominac ones, then i don't think he would have needed some new gameplay at all.

#42 Apr 21, 2008 8:21 AM

TheManiacOnWheels

Meh. I can't remember where I said this on another thread but Spyro is Spyro no matter what he looks like or what the gameplay's like.

#43 Apr 21, 2008 11:58 AM

ratchet
Website

Alrigh, i think i've said whatever i can, and i know none of you want to hear it...

#44 Sep 27, 2008 7:56 PM

spyrothedragon9323

I love SPYRO, that's why I registered here. I did enjoy ANB though, it's fun messing around with the camera and flying.

ye

#45 Oct 23, 2008 12:35 PM

Spyrofan511

how can you not understand,thinks change,so did spyro, deal with it. why are you always looking back (before it was better.blah blah blah) there is the new version of spyro and it ic GREAT!

#46 Oct 23, 2008 2:56 PM

Spyro the Drgon

i love both series, Spyro would never be so popular without the originals, but without the new ones Spyro would never have grown up and ANB started Spyro's change for the better.

#47 Oct 24, 2008 11:41 AM

ratchet
Website

#48 Nov 20, 2008 10:15 AM

OrangePanda
Website

I disagree, I thought the game was pretty good. Eternal Night was the one that was bad, imo.

#49 Nov 20, 2008 12:01 PM

ratchet
Website

I dont see why People think that ANB was so good. It was mainly ALL button mashing and ape fighting and the parts that werent were lame flying levels and rail shooters that were horribly programmed. Cynder and the other bosses was too easy and boring and the game was really short

#50 Nov 20, 2008 1:21 PM

T3h0v4llu
Banned

They were probably distracted by the okay cutscenes and the tag "spyro" in the game from the horrible, boring, easy, and repetitive gameplay.

I understand the people who liked the game, but seriously, how someone can say that TEN was worse? I liked TEN.

Board footer