Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Jul 26, 2007 4:03 AM

Nightwing
Gems: 0

A Dragon in NYC

The small girl shuffled slowly down the avenue.  She might as well have been invisible to the passerby as she headed down the stairs leading to the subway.  She hopped over the turnstile and ducked into the tunnel.  A train came roaring by and she pressed herself flat against the wall as the slipstream tugged at her ragged jacket.  Running the rest of the way in case a train came along, she came to the crack in the wall that marked her hiding place.  Her scrawniness enabled her to slip inside easily, while the jutting edge of the crevice kept out drafts.  She had decorated the room with some baubles that she had found in Central Park, along with her only posessions, a piece of broken glass on a chain and a fuzzy red blanket.  She took out the blank notebook and the broken pencil and started to write.
     "Dear Diary,
Dumpster-dived for lunch.  Cold.  Raining.  Still glad I escaped from orphanage.  At least I'm not a mindless servant of the headmistress now.  Today, run-in with some gang.  Must remember to buy a weapon, if ever collect enough pennies."

She curled in her blanket and sighed.  If only her parents had not given her up.  Maybe some nice tourists would feel sorry for her and pick her up off the street.  And maybe tomorrow she would become Queen of NYC.  She gave a mirthless laugh and dozed off.

To be continued...

#2 Jul 31, 2007 12:55 PM

andi01
Website

Re: A Dragon in NYC

thats's pretty good nightwing good job!

#3 Oct 12, 2007 3:00 AM

Nightwing

#4 Nov 11, 2007 9:21 PM

Nightwing

Amethyst sighed.  She knew she was somehow not human, but not completely dragon.  A sob welled in her throat. She felt like her heart had been torn in two, that some vital part of her soul had been ripped away with the awareness of becoming dragon.  Walking slowly down the back alley, she saw one of the gang members that had cornered her. He seemed frightened of something, and hurried away from her.  She wondered if her looks had started to become reptilian, but as she felt her face, she touched smooth, normal skin.  Suddenly, a rage unlike any other built up inside her. She wanted to rip, to tear, to kill.  An inhuman screech left her throat, somewhere between a roar and a snarl.  Serrated claws shot from her fingertips, and her skin rippled and turned a pale purple.  The sane part of her realized that that was where her name had come from.  She panicked, afraid that someone would see, and struggled to contain herself.  She turned and ran. 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ignitus sat stunned in front of the dream-pool.  "A drache,"  he whispered.  "I thought they were extinct."  He called Spyro into his study.  "Spyro, come look at this."  Ember came with him.  "Not you, Ember."  Ignitus ordered.  "This is not for you to see."  Ember scowled again and slouched away.  Spyro glanced after her, worried that she would do something unwise in her anger.  She had been feeling strange lately, and Spyro thought she had somehow seen his affection for the girl.  Ignitus led him to the dream-pool.  "Do you see what I see?"

#5 Nov 12, 2007 12:28 AM

wyraachur
Website

Brilliant work so far big_smile Can't wait to see the rest big_smile

#6 Feb 16, 2008 11:11 PM

Sails_the_Fox

i dont get it what the crap is a matter WITH SPYRO!?

SF94's brother.

#7 Apr 04, 2008 1:09 AM

Nightwing

#8 Apr 04, 2008 2:32 AM

Sails_the_Fox

just call me sails..... and i mean whats a matter with him? he keeps thinking about a GIRL!  whats a matter with him!!!

SF94's brother.

#9 Jun 21, 2008 4:14 AM

Nightwing

#10 Jun 21, 2008 8:11 PM

Spyro_For_Life
Birthday: 26 January
Website

I like all of it so far. Cool, deep, mysterious! I like it a lot. Poor girl. If those people catch up to her they'd probably beat her half to death. I'm grinning, and that was not something I should be grinning at. *Spyro_For_Life slaps herself.* Man, I wish I have played the first game. That's where Red's from, right?

#11 Jun 22, 2008 12:25 AM

Nightwing

#12 Jun 22, 2008 6:44 PM

Spyro_For_Life
Website

Wow, Ember is mean. Well, I've never seen her, so I wouldn't know how mean she really is, but still... From what I've heard, she flattered Spyro often. Is that true? So, anyway, Ember and Red are from A Hero's Tail, right? Never played that one.
Oh, and that was a good part of the story.

#13 Jun 23, 2008 3:44 PM

Mkananoja

really interesting story by this far and getting better by every chapter.
keep your keyboard smoking!

There is a reason why we are born with brains in our heads, not rocks

#14 Jul 07, 2008 9:57 PM

Nightwing

#15 Jul 09, 2008 6:39 PM

mimi
Gems: 10
Website

omg i just read the first two post so far but you write beautiful with such detail omg thats so veautiful i can picture exactly how everythinhg looks keep on going make another story afrtrer story make the story longer commmooonnn it was so beautiful i couldnt move a inch common epiloge epiloge epiloge neutral  neutral  neutral

#16 Jul 11, 2008 10:27 PM

Nightwing

I'm posting again!

Mimi: Thanks! And the story isn't anywhere near over yet! big_smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spyro awoke, breathing hard.  The world seemed to spin, and Spyro staggered out into the corridor.  Somewhere, something was awakening.
In more ways than one.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Amethyst moaned and rolled over.  Immediately she wished she hadn't.  The pain was unendurable.  Six lumps of bone protruded from her chest, indicating six broken ribs.  One wing was ripped from top to bottom, and a leg and an arm were twisted at angles that were nauseating to even look at. 

She coughed, and tasted blood in the back of her throat.

Squinting against the dawn light, she managed to crane her head without moving her body.  Looking around, Amethyst managed to deduce that she was in the middle of a field.  Other than grass, there was nothing else in sight.

Seriously considering staying in the field until some unlucky farmer found her corpse, she turned her head to the other side.  There was a pool of water about ten feet away.  Amethyst was parched, but figured that the water could be ten miles away, for all the good it would do her.

The rumble of a tractor didn't alarm her unduly.  It sounded far away, and if she stayed still, chances were the rider wouldn't spot a broken and bloody girl with wings, through the tall grass. 

A yell rent the sky, pounding straight to Amethyst's eardrums.  She winced, then gasped with pain.  Sudden movement obviously made the pain worse.

She heard the thumping of heavy boots coming toward her.  Obviously her wings were more visible than she thought.

A shadow fell over her face.  It was a man, maybe late twenties-early thirties. 

"My god... what are you?" he whispered softly.

Amethyst considered.  Hmmm.  A half dragon, half human, fugitive from people she didn't even know...She decided to stick with the simplest answer.

"What am I? Almost dead," she grunted, more blood spilling from her lips.

The man turned and ran, and Amethyst blacked out.

So, like it so far? smile I do!

Please review!

#17 Jul 12, 2008 3:52 PM

Spyro_For_Life
Website

I know I like it so far. Keep going! This is awesome!

#18 Jul 12, 2008 6:01 PM

mimi
Website

omg thats just what i would expect from you nightwing man yoiu make a story gooooooooooooooood i will listen to every post you make and if you dont like me making comments please tell but oman that was good wil will the farmer take care of her or turn her in will spyro find her OMAN I GOTTA KNOW GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOOGO

#19 Aug 21, 2008 10:22 PM

Nightwing

#20 Aug 23, 2008 8:22 PM

mimi
Website

OMG yikes she killed him......thats so awsome XDXDXD i know i like comments also lol but man please continue this story gets bettter by the post big_smile i love it and am your loyal reader always awaiting more

#21 Oct 09, 2008 11:08 PM

Spyro_For_Life
Website

I am loyaler than mimi and I wait for more as well! mimi, I was just playing. Anyway, Amethyst killed a guy. That's gorey. Definately not suitable for young children. But who cares?! Great job!!  wink

#22 Oct 10, 2008 9:30 PM

Nightwing

#23 Oct 17, 2008 11:12 PM

mimi
Website

like...i dont like it....I FREAKEN LOVE IT SPYROFORLIFE YOU MAY BE MY FREINDS BEST FAN BUT I AM NIGHTS BIGGEST FAN >:} FOREVER....LOL GET YOUR OWN WRITER YOU CALLED ROBBIE I CALL NIGHTWING xD MWAHAHAHAill give what you have donen so far this many stars $ $ $ $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$x1000000000000000000000000 thats how good the story is

#24 Nov 29, 2008 4:09 AM

Nightwing

#25 Dec 02, 2008 9:35 PM

mimi
Website

BLOODY COOL AND WICKEDLY GOOD FOR A WAIT MORRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE PPPLLLLLLLLEEEEEAAAAASSSSSSEEEEE 83 i need more!

Board footer