#127 Jun 09, 2011 6:16 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Re: Spyroforum`s First Impressions of Skylanders

You're right; there could be something better. After so many years of following the Spyro fandom on forums and spending money on all the games, though, I think it's reasonable that some would start to lose faith in the IP.

#128 Jun 17, 2011 5:10 PM

Shiruba
Gems: 0

In Activisions hands, I don't know if we can expect a Spyro game that classic fans can enjoy.

#129 Jun 24, 2011 9:50 AM

THEKIDWITHAKNIFE.

Okay ...let the ranting begin.
So I literally just found out this game involved spyro. like just a few minutes ago. a few days ago i noticed the word spyro in some game on youtube and casually checked out what it was. All i saw was some tree guy with stumps for hands running around... I dropped it and said this has nothing to do with spyro. Today, upon further investigation i have found that yes, spyro is in it.   ....I am officially TICKED OFF!!!

Not that this game dose not sound cool it's just I can't figure out where they get off calling it "spyro's adventure" this game has literally nothing to do with spyro!!! Sparx isn't even in it! It follows no previous story line from ANY spyro game and it barely even looks like him. not that looks are all that much of a problem it's just that it seems to me that the only reason spyro is involved at all is so that activision can get the attention of a few extra people for some better rateings... this game has ab-so-friken-loutly nothen to do with spyro!!!!! WHATSOEVER! they just added a random purple dragon into the cast of hundreds of other characters and felt like naming him spyro. the ONLY thing that makes him even relateable to spyro is the fact that he's purple! and oh ya... they put his name into the title for an extra measure... this just burns me!!!

Don't get me wrong... this sounds like a step forward in the advancement of gaming. it might hold some value on perhaps a collectable and tradeing aspect for kids which is new. good for them, not like it's really that special. I can't help but to feel the vibe that they may be a little too proud of themselves. it's really not that special. all it is, is an individualized memory card for a character with a plastic face. and also it occurs to me that this might just be a hinderence to the game. it could have multiple negative affects. like are these action figures fickle/ i mean like cd's will the slightest scratch in the wrong place make them unuseable and therefore a waste of money? i mean all this really sounds like to me is just another scam to scratch a few more bucks out of people. will these toys get out of hand if more games do this? if this is a kids game and kids are ment to also be able to play with these things, just how well will they be taken care of? what if your dog gets ahold of them... i'm just saying I doubt they will make very good toys for kids.

Whatever man. This game might have some potential but i seriously doubt that this game will be anything more than a kids game. as for spyro ...well spyro isn't really involved so what am i talking about...  this game isn't spyro to me. i'm not even sure if it really belongs on the forms. personally i think we should just ignore it all together. but of course i'm just mad. ...whatever dude.....five bucks says that this game is gonna suck.

Getting old: It's gonna Happen.
Growing up: Not a chance!

"opinions are, imunity to being told your wrong...
paper, rock, and scissors they, all have their pros and cons!" .....................(Reliant K)

Check me out on Youtube.com and DeviantArt.com!!!

#130 Jun 26, 2011 1:16 AM

pancakes

^ Rumor is that if the game is successful, Spyro will get his own games again (pressumably based on his Skylanders character) while Skylanders continues as it's own franchise.

#131 Jun 26, 2011 5:28 PM

Spash the Bandragon
Gems: 2

I don't see why people are so appauled at Skylanders having nothing to do with classic Spyro when we just got through 3-4 years of Legend of Spyro.

#132 Jun 26, 2011 7:35 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

Agreed, especially when it's the Legend of Spyro fans saying it. =/ That's what they know as Spyro, I guess, but lots of people don't seem to realize what they're saying about Skylanders is exactly what classic fans were saying when LoS came out.

#133 Jun 26, 2011 9:46 PM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

History is repeating itself...

#134 Jun 27, 2011 12:33 AM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

Indeed I mean I'm not saying that everyone needs to change their minds about the game people that don't like it. That is understandable.

But at least give it a chance.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#135 Jun 27, 2011 1:06 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Website

No offense intended here, but I've heard "just give it a chance" a ton of times about this game and I'm getting kind of tired of hearing it.

I think of it like this. Nothing about this game interests me enough to even consider spending that much money on it. Even if it were priced like any other game I wouldn't be particularly interested in this sort of game. Some people might say I should give it a chance because it's a Spyro game, but, as others have said, it has nothing to do with any other Spyro games, and I doubt we'd even be having this discussion if the game didn't have "Spyro" in the title. I learned this the hard way after buying disappointing Spyro title after disappointing Spyro title. The fact that a product carries a brand name you've liked in the past does not guarantee you'll like every single thing with that brand name.

As far as I'm concerned, I've given it more than enough of a chance by just watching all the trailers and reading all the articles and watching all the videos of people talking about how innovative it is. For any other game that's usually enough to decide if something interests you, but if it's a "Spyro" game, you apparently have to play it before you decide whether or not it appeals to you. This has never made much sense to me.

#136 Jun 27, 2011 1:32 AM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

I understand Stormy and that is fine.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#137 Jul 05, 2011 3:23 AM

wolfiemon

#138 Jul 05, 2011 2:35 PM

Spash the Bandragon

This might just be me, but I don't consider LoS to have anything to do with Classic Spyro. At all. Sure it had Sparx and Hunter, but they looked and acted completely different. I mean, if Trigger Happy was named "Agent 9," would Skylanders be more of a "Spyro" game?

As for gameplay, as far as I can tell, Skylanders at least hasn't just made big, medium, and small apes, copy-and-pasted them thirty gazillion times and called it a level.

(Although LoS at least had jumping. The lack of it is one thing I dislike about Skylanders.)

#139 Jul 05, 2011 5:34 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

wait. i've got to be misunderstanding you.

you can't JUMP in this game?

#140 Jul 05, 2011 5:49 PM

Spash the Bandragon

#141 Jul 06, 2011 1:37 AM

pancakes

None of the characters can jump.

#142 Jul 06, 2011 3:08 AM

Spash the Bandragon

#143 Jul 06, 2011 6:18 AM

Aura24
Gems: 750
Website

They will jump only in the 3DS version.

#144 Jul 12, 2011 10:56 AM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

I'm curious to find out exactly what it means if Spyro can fly, but he can't jump.

Seems to define itself.

And a little joke I think anti-Skylanders will appreciate.  If Spyro can fly but not jump, it would be like what they say about babies that learn to walk before they crawl are more likely to be autistic or have severe learning disabilities.

#145 Jul 12, 2011 3:26 PM

Spash the Bandragon

#146 Jul 31, 2011 9:14 AM

OhWellIfYouSaySo

The game serves only to mooch of off Spyro's dead corpse, trying to squeeze the last drop of money they can. Pure meh.

I know they need to earn for a living, but the least they could of done is to give Spyro the treatment he deserves, not beat him to death with a 10 foot pole and then throw him to the fans saying " Here's your *bleep* childhood icon, have fun, now give me money ".

That's my opinion as a veteran Spyro fan. New fans will respond to this differently, so i really don't care.

Heaven and Hell are here on earth. You just have to know where to look...

#147 Jul 31, 2011 7:11 PM

JakBandiFan

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#148 Aug 01, 2011 5:43 AM

OhWellIfYouSaySo

#149 Aug 01, 2011 11:12 AM

JakBandiFan

I'm a secret duck who lives in the glitchy but nice Honey Marshes. My day to day job is to spy on the blue guys so they won't get up to much mischief.

#150 Aug 01, 2011 4:27 PM

OhWellIfYouSaySo

Board footer