Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#76 Dec 21, 2010 6:50 AM

Jackson117
Gems: 0

Re: Would you want Cynder back?

Because many word's can have many meaning's, In spect he could also be referenced to why he doesn't just give up, Ignitus death hit him hard enough to the point he went nuts and wanted to dive into the fire to save anything of him,

Also i demand Proof that the producers or directors said it was Canon!

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#77 Dec 21, 2010 2:09 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

I quoted it because if I didn't, someone else would have to add support to a SxC case, but in fact it's not valid.  I just wanted to kill it before anyone gave it life.  It's an argument strategy.   wink

#78 Dec 22, 2010 1:19 AM

shade105
Birthday: 23 September
Website

Oh, lol so i see. Anyways, as for the evidence of the pairing being cannon, as told by the producers I could not find. Due to the lack of evidence, i draw back on that point.

But we must also think about the semantics in the way Spyro and Cynder acted towards each other, and what they said to one another. We can not deny the fact that they have suggested the pairing to a point where it is cannon.

Cynder has shown him feelings (the last scene of the game), and well, when Spyro said "There is nothing else to fight for," if we take it into context, and with a good study at the plot of the game, we can't deny it.

#79 Dec 22, 2010 2:22 AM

Jackson117

yeah but that could mean anything, I may be a fan but I'm not jumping to conclusions till i see a solid...blurted out Proof from higher ups or the character himself.

Having a deranged anti-hero "i'll blow up the world to create a new world full of peace while i go exterminate every person who is bad and kidnap good people for the new world" doesn't still strike people has really a bad guy, We thought Itachi was pure evil, he wasn't in the end  (still messed through)

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#80 Dec 22, 2010 6:45 AM

shade105
Website

Wait, when did we ever say any of the characters were anti-heroes?

In my opinion, neither Spyro or Cynder show any signs of being anti-heroes during "Dawn of the Dragon"; in fact, they appear to be the most cliche goodies out there. The game itself presents both dragons as good heroes with cliche  morals and such. Cynder might have a dark past, but throughout "Dawn of the Dragon" it is nearly fully forgotten.

As for the cannon pairing, I don't think they could make it anymore clearer for you; in fact, I think that strategically they could have not made it any clearer. You have to think of it with a logical, and slightly creative point of view. Do you actually think that Spyro would be as unkind and foolish as to tell Cynder: "Sorry girl, but we're just friends." Man, that sounds so un-Spyro that i could even write a fic out of it... wait... that does sound like a good fic! ^_^

Take the obvious reasons for Spyro to return his love to her. One, They are the only two living dragons out there that could properly love each other. I doubt that Spyro takes the "There are always bigger fish out in the Ocean" approach to things. Two, Spyro's always been curious of Cynder, don't you think he would also enjoy, well... experimenting what a true relationship is like (This I mean also when you set aside the fact that he genuinely loves her; and oooh! Another fic idea!). And well, number three, Spyro's kind, and humble attitude makes him the kind of character that falls for the one he has cared or greatly. Having Cynder prove her love to him would make him more open to love.

#81 Dec 22, 2010 3:36 PM

riverhippo
Gems: 1,093

I think Cynder's past will haunt her forever.  In whatever games she will appear in, she will have that back story.  It makes her interesting.  I don't think her dark past being "forgotten" is necessarily a requirement for SxC.  Spyro would be very shallow, otherwise, lol.

You know TV shows that have that "guy-girl tension" will sometimes give in to the tension and pu the characters in love and even marriage.  Then the show ends or gets canceled.  Just something to think about...lol

#82 Dec 23, 2010 12:10 AM

Jackson117

I never said they were Anti-Hero's..it's just a guess.

Besides i like my fic's where anyone who teases about the dark past gets to meet the Fury of a angry Spyro

#83 Dec 23, 2010 3:29 AM

shade105
Website

lol, is that so?

#84 Dec 30, 2010 10:06 AM

The Mad Thatter

I don't even like writing Spyro fanfiction. He's too dull a character, even when I try and imagine him going down the Malefor route. I started writing a fanfic about that and stopped halfway through the third chapter. If I don't find it interesting I can't force myself to write. :\

#85 Dec 30, 2010 12:04 PM

Jackson117

That's why we Offer the dark side of him!

#86 Dec 30, 2010 2:41 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

The only character who interests me was Malefor.

Only becuase there is so much junk that i sleft untapped and what he said to Spyro.

DAT WAS THE ONLY COOL PART OF LOS.

#87 Dec 30, 2010 11:10 PM

Jackson117

Well combine that with a personality that most of Mark Hamil's Voice characters are like and your got a A grade thing.

#88 Jan 02, 2011 3:37 AM

shade105
Website

I don't know. I personally believe that Spyro's dull attitude in the game actually aids anyone in staying in character when writing him. I mean, there are a few good ways of interpreting him.

#89 Jan 02, 2011 6:27 PM

The Mad Thatter

I suppose. The duller the character the easy it is to make them seem like your own - it's hard writing fanfiction about really well-known, full-of-personality characters; it's like trying to copy out a book when you don't know how to read.

#90 Jan 02, 2011 6:56 PM

JazzJackrabbit

If no one ever spoke in the games, and feelings were expressed through facial expressions without subtitles (like many Lego games), the characters and story would seem less cliche.  Lego Star Wars is almost as good as the movies as far as explaining the story, maybe even better in some parts.  It would also cut the need for voice actors (duh), and that means more money for other parts of production.

Yo, Spyro
I'm really happy for you, but Jazz Jackrabbit is one of the best platformers of all time.

OF ALL TIME!

#91 Jan 02, 2011 7:01 PM

The Mad Thatter

#92 Jan 03, 2011 10:19 PM

shade105
Website

Haha, indeed. The lego games are great! Though should there be a Spyro lego game? xD

Anyways, I mean Spyro is a great character. I mean i interpret him in the way many of the best writers did (John... RDX). Spyro's got his strong side, but he's also got a weak, naive and humble side. There are other good ways of interpreting him though, as long as you keep a general guideline of him.

#93 Jan 04, 2011 1:43 AM

Jackson117

Original had that spark, he was pretty much loved teasing and taunting his foes, he never went on hero stuff unless a reward was in question (through he did it anyway), he wasn't afraid to speak how much randomness happened or not.

TLOS is no doubt just shy to the brink of...who knows, his caring and all...he does sometimes taunt enemies through mostly it's out of pure innocence or oblivious

#94 Jan 04, 2011 10:59 PM

shade105
Website

Yeah, indeed that is the TLoS Spyro i think as canon. I mean the new Purple dragon is kinda always lost, and kinda goes with the flow. But in my opinion the dragon's humbleness makes him a more likable character.

#95 Jan 05, 2011 3:46 AM

Jackson117

Give him a sarcastic taunt like thing.

#96 Jan 05, 2011 5:19 AM

shade105
Website

hmm? wait, what do you mean by that?

#97 Jan 05, 2011 5:22 PM

The Mad Thatter

#98 Jan 05, 2011 10:49 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

shade I do love both Spyro's but I would like old Spyro back as well.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#99 Jan 09, 2011 5:06 PM

Hyper

Yeah, I would want her back I guess. I'm really hoping for a 2 player mode in the new game and unless the second player can play as terrador (lol) she will probably be back.
I don;t really ship Spyro X Cynder too badly though.

b

GO AWAY

#100 Jan 09, 2011 6:54 PM

shade105
Website

Yeah. Lol it's actually pretty amazing how the amount of people that supported that pairing just suddenly disappeared. Lol I totally feel outnumbered now. xD

Board footer