Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 14, 2010 8:44 PM

s'pyromane
Gems: 0

Le Prélude des Ombres (RP , please read first post)

#2 Apr 14, 2010 9:24 PM

s'pyromane

Re: Le Prélude des Ombres (RP , please read first post)

Intro :

Arthar , the king of the light side , died yesterday , causing troubles in the kingdom. He was once chosen to bring peace , and succeeded , but like every living creature , he had a lifetime to respect , and it ended. His last will was a democratical vote to elect his successor , so that's people who choose their next chief to believe in , who will keep the pece he fought so hard to get. Five parts asked a candidature :
-the "good but dark" one , no members , an unknown leader...
-the peace and love one , say the peace walkers , two leaders who are "cool" and a few adepts.
-the conservative one , the kindom's union the favourite with Arthar's strange nephew as the leader.
-the "old army" , the militaries of the deceased king himself (!). One legendary leader , who contest this vote and don't want to be bound to such a mess after the death of the king...
-the pure democratical one , with a president and his parliament if elected. One leader , not very known , but someone meant to be good.

Names of the leaders , respectively :
-???
-Theo and Valentin
-Arthuros
-Blanche
-Arcanian

This vote will stay only three days , because the kingdom mustn't be kingless for too long. The elected leader will have the right to even change the political way of the kingdom. Of course , lots of people are still unable to tell who they will elect in this mess...And will vote blank , unless...

Yes , unless you act. The baddies are in the dark for now (wait for my post about it) and are looking carefully , their leader having a plan in mind...
You don't have to even care about this election , but you can influence the results with acts , maybe support a part and even create your own ! (yay , like if it wasn't complicated enough...Don't worry , it's on purpose that I do this.) It's the perfect chance to meet and discover the others characters from the same side besides , it would be too bad to waste it.

I'll add some more later maybe , but you can already join if you wish !

#3 Apr 14, 2010 10:39 PM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

OOC: Is it okay if join with Argil?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#4 Apr 15, 2010 5:37 AM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Let's join this.

Race: Human
Name: Moon
Side: Neutral
Element (or Magic in this case): Shadow

Appearance: A strong-looking woman. Dark, brown hair which almost seems to look black. Usually dressed in a deep purple, red and black cloak, covered by some shoulder plating. Her lower arms are also protected by iron armor plating, so is her breast. She wears a brown belt with golden seams and an iron buckle. Finally, she also wears a small necklace totally made out of iron.

History: Moon was born in a faraway desert province in the shadow lands. Though she was born and grew up there, she isn't on the dark side. In fact, no one in her village, Myrannias, is on the dark side. They are either neutral or aid the light a bit. Myrannias is a small village in which human settlers and shadow masters live, called the Myran, known by their experience in professional forgery, creating the toughest weapons of the area. Not only as a tradition of the Myran, but also because of own will, Moon eventually mastered some powerfull shadow Magic, and learned to fight with blades at a local weapon forge. Eventually, she forged her own, infragible blades and became a local fighter in the town's defence system. Soon enough, she became one of the most powerful warriors the Myran had ever known. At the age of 25, she finally left the wastelands to become a lone warrior and asassin, and paired up with a Dragon after a few months. Humans and Dragons which are friends was rare, but Moon didn't care about that. It's the only Dragon to which she can be honest and talk in a more social way. Now don't think she never sees Myrannias anymore, because she visits it and stays there once in a while.

Personality: Moon has no problem with talking to anyone, but thinks before she says something. When in combat, she attacks technically, not recklessly. She has a certain strategy of surviving and fighting, and has no fear. However, she likes to take the lead and can act demanding. She listens to what others say, and knows a lot. She's very bad at social interaction with anyone but people she knows from Myran, and it will never change. She doesn't give up quickly.

Powers: Moon is able to gather energy from the dead and the night to convert it into shadow attacks like exploding necro-spheres, shadow spikes, dark explosions, shadow projectiles (to throw) and some more. She is able to, with enough energy, revive a dead being for a short while in her control, and finally, she can also drain the life out of an enemy at extremely slow pace, but eventually transfer it to another being to heal or revive it. The process is extremely slow, and Moon becomes very vulnerable when she uses it.
Furthermore, she is a strong warrior, specialized in close combat. She can attack unexpectedly and silent, dealing quick damage which is not very painful, but if hit frequently, it will.

Weaknesses: She's weak against the elements of ice and light. Her "armor" only protects weakly against decent attacks, and is vulnerable when using magic which requires a lot of energy. Can only use magic when there is enough energy the dead or night can give her, so she is weaker at day on a place where there are as least signs of death as possible. This environment can weaken her greatly. She lacks skill of ranged attacks, except magic. Her partner Dragon is also an emotional weakness of her, which she hides in prescence of others. If it gets hurt, it feels like she gets hurt as well, making her look like a weakling instead of that fearless warrior.

Equipment: A somewhat weak armor consisting of separate platings on her shoulders, breast, lower arm and knees. A belt, a necklace and a cloak are the rest of her clothes. She carries two strong, wide short swords, designed for fast and close combat, the handgrips are made of iron and set with amethyst. Nothing more.
Side: Neutral
Element: Ice

Appearance: A Dragon whose scales exist of all lighter colours of blue. He has white and blue wings that sparkle in the sunlight. His eyes are blue, and his belly is white with a little bit of blue. Spikes are everywhere on his body, except on his back, where a line of shark fin-like blue plates are positioned. It has sharp horns, going up and bending in a 90 degree angle. The end of his tail is a blue flame. His scales feel as cold as ice. He has sharp-looking claws. Normally he walks quadruple, but fights bipedal.

History: Ionodra was born in the deep, cold caves of the highest mountains, somewhere in the northern provinces of the world. He trained to defend from his father and mother, and stayed with them untill he was 23. He left, since he had grown up, and hunted on his own, still near the mountains, untill he got captured by someone he didnt know and never wanted to know. He was put into prison in the mountains, but managed to free himself. He can't remember how or when, but he still wears a chain around his right paw. A few years later, he met Moon and decided to leave his lone life behind and stay with her, after agreement.

Personality: Surprisingly cautious, likes to be with his partner. He is, unlike Moon, sympathetic and examines every opponent before attacking it (or leaving it alone). He is always in to help, and his form of attacking is used frequently to get enemies out of the way, not attacking very aggressively. Like Moon, he shows no fear, unless his opponent uses fire. He also does not give up and (tries to) never let his friend down.

Powers: Posesses over a wide variety of frost magic. He can freeze water without any problem, can freeze people to the ground for a while, create a small dome of ice to protect the area, use ice bombs and shards as projectiles and generate frosty windstorms, but that last one costs him a lot of energy. He also has a very long lance which he can twist and use to attack. It reaches a wide area and is infused with frost magic. It can also generate small or big shockwaves, depending on how many energy is put into the attack, to knock back enemies.

Weaknesses: Extremely weak to fire and a bit weak to shadow. Gets weaker the hotter it gets, hates losing battles. Hates surprise attacks and when people use words to confuse him. Lacks skill of attacking ranged and therefore prefers direct attacking, which can work in his disadvantage. And finally, Moon is an emotional weak side, just as the place where he was born. If Moon gets hurt a lot, it affects Ionodra's way of fighting in a bad way.

Equipment: Nothing but his lance, a small crystal and a chain around his right paw.

I made them neutral this time. I think it'll be pretty interesting. Oh, and I'll start in Myrannias, just so you know.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#5 Apr 15, 2010 12:48 PM

s'pyromane

#6 Apr 15, 2010 3:52 PM

MrXLink

#7 Apr 15, 2010 7:58 PM

Nightfall
Birthday: 26 August
Website

I might join, but I don't know who to use yet... If you need a villain, I have one.

#8 Apr 15, 2010 9:20 PM

s'pyromane

#9 Apr 16, 2010 6:46 AM

MrXLink

Should I make an intro as well?

#10 Apr 16, 2010 7:32 PM

s'pyromane

It's up to you since it's a neutral village , you don't really need to wait for the others before starting your intro...Maybe you should wait for my light intro ? Do what you want.
My intro about the light side will come soon. Nobody else want to join , then ? It's still open !

#11 Apr 16, 2010 9:23 PM

MrXLink

Nothing to do tomorrow, so I will, I guess... Yeah, my intro will come tomorrow for sure.

There is Saph, sir John and me and you... It'll do. You can see it in my RP, it works fine, especially when there are many characters, which we have (I've seen 3 of yours, + some baddies, I made 2, Saph has a baddy as well, and Argil makes like 8 or something, it'll be OK imo).
But always leave your RP open! If I didn't you couldn't join, neither would mr. John and Clock (though I am not sure about these people, when they joined, but you know what I mean).

Looking forward to it. Seems like another great RP big_smile

#12 Apr 17, 2010 4:03 PM

MrXLink

#13 Apr 17, 2010 8:44 PM

Nightfall
Website

((Yikes, I don't think I can find the time to pull out an intro as detailed as those two... I have two new characters, Mort and Naomi, and if Rurik accepts them, I think I'll be using them. Check them out, page 9 of the char. sheet.))

#14 Apr 17, 2010 9:31 PM

s'pyromane

#15 Apr 18, 2010 2:17 PM

Nightfall
Website

#16 Apr 18, 2010 8:07 PM

s'pyromane

#17 Apr 19, 2010 5:43 AM

MrXLink

#18 Apr 19, 2010 7:35 AM

Mr. John
Gems: -2,720

OOC: I'm on it just hope this works.

Millions of miles away in a murky swamp area a place where no one had seen before accept for a lucky few there was a city known as Lystra.

In Lystra water dragons and sometimes humans worked together and lived together in pace. The city had never been disturbed by evil but sometimes everyone worries that might change.

Argil one of the water dragons made his daily route through the town as always.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cayla Mills

#19 Apr 19, 2010 2:07 PM

MrXLink

Did we start yet?

#20 Apr 19, 2010 8:33 PM

s'pyromane

#21 Apr 19, 2010 8:44 PM

MrXLink

If we could make a square... it would look like this:

Swords > Magic
Magic > Guns
Magic > Lances
Lances > Swords
Guns > Swords

That would overpower Magic and underpower Swords, which is not a big problem, OR we gotta make Lances kinda neutral, which is the best choice. This'll mean that Lances don't specifically have an advantage over another weapon, but also no disadvantage. Yeah, that's probarbly the best, agree?

(Darn, maths again. Now I understand why it's needed...)

#22 Apr 19, 2010 8:57 PM

s'pyromane

#23 Apr 24, 2010 8:08 PM

s'pyromane

#24 Apr 24, 2010 8:43 PM

Nightfall
Website

#25 Apr 24, 2010 11:47 PM

Brom the Wise

Race: Human
Name: Arekessu
Side: Freelance
Element: None

Appearance: Looks to be between 24 and 29 at most. Very attractive facial features. 5 foot 11 inches. Filled out, but not muscular. Lightly tanned. Black hair, Blue eyes.

History: In a town far to the South, a story of a young man saving the fledgling newborn village from a dreadful red dragon with a searing tail of flame. The tale tells of a single young man slaying this beast with nothing but a dagger.

In a costal village just north of the town with the tale young dragon slayer came a story used to frighten babes to bed. A tale of a man who came in the night and stole the flesh from his sleeping victoms while keeping them in a enchanted sleep.

North of the village with the stolen flesh was a farm. In this farm was a family who told any travlers who spent a night in the barn (to avoid the elements) about a young boy who had stolen all the gold from the fathers gold pouch but left a note saying "Thanks for the potatoes!"

If you follow the road from the farm to the east, you will come across a Capital of Man. In this city of man, one can find a rustic taver that goes by the name "The skinned Scale". Tell the bartender "Tali sent me" and he will lead you to a back room where another man will greet you with, "So are ya here to sell the lizard skins or do you want to buy some dragon hide?"

Personality:Arekessu never does anything if he cannot see the point behind it. Never speaks unless he sees a reason, never acts without cause to. If someone managed to speak to him on the street, they could get one of many diffrent feeling from him. Some people walk away feeling pleased with how the conversation had gone, enjoying how Arekessu gingerly complemented them and listened to them talk. Other may come away from the talk feeling shaken or verbally molested as his viper tounge fount an insecurity and bashed at it mercelessly.

Powers:Arekessue is best described as a "well rounded" fighter. He prefers to use dirks, daggers, shortswords and bows, but will resort to using almost any other wepion is need by a(besides any sort of shield or club or axe like tool he views those sorts of things and too basic and crude to be a real wepion). He was a basic understanding of magic, which is only used in addition to his other abilites (a flaming sword, or to calterise a wound, or to douse himself off when being incenerated, a few simple spells of scense alteration, like improved sight and whatnot). He can (but would never) bost of rudementry grasp on alchemy. Creating smoke bombs, remedies, and ointments (along with a few poisons) has become as clese as he can get to a hobby. Lastly, he is a master of stelth, from lockpicking to assasinations to stalking, he knows what he's doing.

Weaknesses: As he is a master of stelth, he was not made for prolonged fighting or absorbing damage. However aglile he may be, he cannot fight forever, and will slowly become fatiged. As his lack of armor would lead one to belive, he cannot sustain taking many powerful hits (although the trick is actilly hitting him)

Equipment: Hood, shirt, jeans. 1 Bow, 1 shortsword, 2 daggers, and roughly 6 bottles of homemade "surprises"

Board footer