Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#51 Jan 23, 2010 6:04 PM

Nightfall
Gems: 0
Birthday: 26 August
Website

Re: Stories Of Avalar: The Blue Hole

"Wow, I didn't expect that!" Ophelia exclaimed. "OK, shall we go? If we follow the river, we should reach a lake." She said.

#52 Jan 23, 2010 6:10 PM

Moss

Meadow nodded "Exactly, Ophelia. I should have known you would not forget the valley so easily." He started to walk, following the river bed. "Let's move now, friends"
Moss nodded at Meadow and started to follow him. As they walked and got closer to the lake, the place started to get foggy very slowly but steadily, to the point that they couldnt see anything further than 30 metres away.

Meadow looked back at the dragons and got his bow and an arrow, not sensing anything yet but getting ready in case he did. "Stay close..."

#53 Jan 23, 2010 6:39 PM

Nightfall
Website

"This is creepy..." Ophelia whispered, unknowingly moving closer to Serthal. "Why so much fog? And it's come by so quickly!" The air was chilly. Usually this would not bother her, since Ice dragons loved the cold, however she still felt uneasy. "I don't like this at all..."

((I'm thinking of bringing in my new character, Nina, in soon. Is that OK? I will after Rurik approves her.))

#54 Jan 23, 2010 6:40 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

"Oh, I think if something attacks us, we are not going to scare it with just us.." Serthal said.

#55 Jan 23, 2010 7:07 PM

Moss

Meadow looked back again at Ophelia. "This fog is what worried the scouts, it is definitely not normal" Moss stopped walking and looked around "Did you...?" Meadow nodded at him "Yes I heard it too"

There sound of the river was getting quieter as they aproached the lake, but this helped them notice the characteristic small screechs the grumblins made. it appeared as if they came from any direction just now. Meadow looked around and pulled the string from his bow. "They are around us. Keep your guard up..."

#56 Jan 23, 2010 8:51 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia quickened her pace, in a crouched position. "I smell them." She said, the back of her throat getting cold. "They smell of death." She raised her lip and growled. "Come on, let's go quicker. They could be anywhere."

((Rurik, is my new character OK? I wanna bring her in very soon.))

#57 Jan 24, 2010 12:20 AM

Rurikredwolf
Website

"So you've seen death before?" Serthal asked, "I don't notice any form of scent to death, so either those who say that have no idea what the hell they are talking about, or there is another part to it."

#58 Jan 24, 2010 10:28 AM

Nightfall
Website

((Rurik, I know you don't like Nina much, but is it OK if I bring her in shortly for a little... trial run?))

Ophelia remained crouched. She had raised her tail in the air, displaying a sharp icicle shaped spike. She quickly raised her head as she heard twigs snapping in the silence. "Hear that?" She whispered, facing the sound and growling.

#59 Jan 24, 2010 4:20 PM

Moss

Meadow whispered "yes I do..." He then looked around and a grumblin jumped out of the fog at Ophelia but it was shot down almost instantly by Meadow. Moss crouched and looked around just to have three grumblins jump out of the fog at him, he was surprised and so he breathed fire in the grumblins' general direction as a reaction. The grumblins screeched in pain and ran away in flames.

Moss and Meadow looked around silently, there was silence again for a while but then again the charateristic sound from the grumblins came back.

Meadow spoke quietly "here they come again..." but instead of just coming, a big bunch of grumblins poped out of the ground under them all, attacking them with sharp claws and small spears. Meadow jumped onto a tree, out of the grumblins' reach and started to shoot arrows at them.

Moss growled at the grumblins and knocked one away with his horns, hearing a splash as it landed into the lake. One grumblin stung his left shoulder with a small spear, Moss did some kind of yelp and growl all together and breathed fire on it, the spear turning to ashes and the grumblin yelled, running around in flames.

There was a group of 6 around Ophelia and 7 around Serthal, they all surrounded them and those behind them attacked.

#60 Jan 24, 2010 6:11 PM

Nightfall
Website

Just in time, Ophelia managed to extend her tail and stab the grublin behind her with the spike on her tail. She turned to the other 5, which were in her view. One leaped at her, but she swiped her paw and knocked him aside. She roared and reared up, and started shooting large ice shards at them. 2 of the grublins were hit and they fled, but the other 2 both lunged at her at the same time. She only managed to hit one - the last one landed on her back, and lifted a large club, and repeatedly smacked her neck.

Ophelia groaned and reared again, thrashing about and trying to shake him off. As her neck began to throb, she succeeded and he fell to the ground. At that, she stamped on him, breaking his ribs with a *snap!*

She could barely turn her head. Nonetheless she staggered over to Serthal to assist him.

#61 Jan 24, 2010 6:27 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Serthal nimbly avoided the one behind him and caused that one to run into the other. Luring the rest back, he hid int he fog and began to shoot at them with small fireballs to distract and confuse them. Eventually, they all stood in a tight circle, and now came the difficult part. Picking up a small rock, Serthal threw it at the nearest one. It didn't knock him out, but it certainly made that one and two others charge. Flying upwards, he tackled the one in the back and took him down. One managed to penetrate his armor and scales, drawing blood. That one didn't last long and found his throat filled with the tail spike.

Flipping behind the other, Serthal stabbed it in the spine. At that time, the rest came over, but they were defeated in the same matter, although quicker becuase they all charged where they thought he was.

(Dunno if I said this, but his armor is a dark grey; he blends in with the fog big_smile)

#62 Jan 24, 2010 6:41 PM

Moss

Meadow shot down the grumblins that tried to get to him, missing just one time but making up for it rather quick. Moss lunged at one that was planning to attack Saphira while she was going to try to help Serthal and breathed fire at it's head while keeping it pinned, killing it after a bit.
The wound on his shoulder was being a problem to his agility but he tried to pay no attention to it.

Moss looked around at Meadow, Ophelia and Serthal, eventually standing up straight and going out of that combat stance. "Is everyone alright?"

Meadow noticed they got a few wounds and reached into his supply bag, that hanged from his arrow bag, and threw a handful of red spirit gems to the ground, near the group. He then jumped down the tree.

The red spirit gem pieces would heal some of their wounds if they were not that serious. Moss absorbed a few pieces and his shoulder felt a bit better.

Meadow looked around and lowered his bow "They now know we are here. We should try to remain unheard from now on..." As he was saying that a huge mace came into sight from behind the fog and was swung at the tree Meadow was standing by, he managed to catch a glimpse of it but it was just too close already for him to dodge it by himself, his eyes opened a bit wider.

#63 Jan 24, 2010 6:57 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Serthal walked over to them with a bleeding wound near his ribs. While he was wincing, he walked as if it wasn't there and absorbed a few red gems. His wound felt so much better, but there was still a blood mark on his armor that would probably attract something to him. "I don't suppose there is some water around here, is there? I don't enjoy having blood on me. Makes me more visable." He asked. More and more did he find this place interesting. He may even stick around longer.

That was, of course, until he saw a giant mace going after Meadow, "Oi, look out!" Serthal said as he shot a fireball at the attacker.

#64 Jan 24, 2010 7:32 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia absorbed some gems and her throbbing neck felt much better. "Phew! That was close. Is everyone--" She was cut off as she saw a huge mace swing towards Meadow. "Be careful!" She knew her Ice would be ineffective, as Serthal's fireball would melt it, so all she could do was target the attacker and prepare to leap.

#65 Jan 24, 2010 7:38 PM

Moss

Serthal's fire prooved ineffective and Meadow lunged forward into the ground, avoiding the mace barely. The tree was ripped off the ground and blown past Meadow.

Moss ran towards Meadow to check him. "Meadow! Are you alright??" He looked kind of worried.
--
As Ophelia got closer, the fog allowed her to see, and the monster didnt look like anything to take lightly. Basically because it was huge. Several times bigger than them (If you remember Arborik from Eternal Night, you know how big). The Huge white and blue lizard noticed ophelia and swung it's mace at her vertically, the mace head was a large granite boulder that would crush anything if it was caught under it.
The lizard was standing at the center of glacius lake.

#66 Jan 24, 2010 7:43 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

"Oh that is just fantastic. Just as I was about to have fun, this guy appears!" Serthal commented as he stood with disbelief. "I don't suppose you have any clue as to how to beat this thing, do you?" He asked.

#67 Jan 24, 2010 7:46 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia gasped as she saw a massive monster before her. "My God..." She whispered, then sprinted out of the way of it's mace. "It must have a weakness!" She called to the others. "Try to find it! Meadow, do you know if it's weak to a certain element?" She called as she narrowly dodged the mace again.

#68 Jan 24, 2010 7:53 PM

Moss

Meadow got up with bruises but nothing serious. "Yes I am alright Moss, but..." he looked towards the lake and the monster. "I dont think that thing is going to be easy to bring down." He hurried towards Serthal and Ophelia. "Chief Prowlus tried to bring it down but failed. He said he couldnt find any weakspot whatsoever"
Moss nodded at Meadow and helped him up, following him then.

The monster swung it's left hand at them, trying to grab any of them. Moss and Meadow jumped, one to the left and one to the right. Meadow shot an arrow at it's chest but the arrow just got stuck in it's scales and there was no reaction at all.

#69 Jan 24, 2010 7:57 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

"Oh, I just got an idea..." Serthal said as he jumped ontot he claw, starting to run up the length in hopes that the other claw would try to attack him.

#70 Jan 24, 2010 8:00 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia jumped back and sprayed Ice all over the hand, hoping to immobilise it. No luck - it just annoyed the monster further. "Great..." She huffed. "I'm going to fly around it and look for a weak spot. While doing that, I'll try to distract it." At that, she took off and started to circle the beast.

((D@mn, we posted at the same time! XD))

#71 Jan 24, 2010 8:02 PM

Moss

The lizard growled at Serthal and took a deep breath, trying to pull him into his mouth with that air current it generated. Moss watched still for a moment before it started to try to eat Serthal. "Watch out!"

Meadow narrowed his eyes and aimed an arrow at it's face, not shooting yet, waiting to see if Serthal will be able to hold against that.

#72 Jan 24, 2010 8:10 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Serthal was being pulled into the mouth...but that was just what he wanted. Fixign himself, he fired numerous fireballs into the creatures gullet before trying to pull himself up towards the face area. "Even if you do swallow me, I am still going to mess you up." He said cockily.

#73 Jan 24, 2010 8:15 PM

Moss

The lizard moved it's head back quickly, away from Serthal after hit by the fireballs. And then it tried to slap him away. Also it appeared to be preparing some kind of breath attack.

#74 Jan 24, 2010 8:15 PM

Nightfall
Website

#75 Jan 24, 2010 8:23 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Serthal latched ontot he muzzle the proceeded to try and pull himself up and fired at the eyes of the creature. His chest began to hurt, and he knew he wouldn't be able to keep this up for long lest he want a heart attack.

Board footer