Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Nov 20, 2009 7:01 PM

Nightfall
Gems: 0
Birthday: 26 August
Website

A Dark Age Dawns... (Please read warning in 1st post)

#2 Nov 22, 2009 7:12 AM

shadowsfall
Website

Re: A Dark Age Dawns... (Please read warning in 1st post)

I'm in i like RPG's they are very fun

Name: Slinx

Element(s): Ice (Can i include water?)

Personality: A nice person and well to get along with. Gaining trust is a little hard for this young fellow so be careful. he fights along side others as best he can. He has fear of heights and darkness though for his age.

Background: His family was one of great courage and confidence. They cared for Slinx as best they can but during one day a raid had come in and they had killed his mother. The father and Slinx tried to save her but the enemies were to powerful. From that day they had promised to spare and get stronger before they lose another member or anyone. After the age of eleven Slinx had gone off on his own protecting the word best he could almost thinking he's a hero, but he has not reached his full potential yet.

Strengths: Capable or using the elements of ice. he can fire shards, make it snow, hail, or blizzard at will. immune to ice attacks under his strengths and control of his own abilities.

Weaknesses: Heights, fire, darkness, and ice attacks over his own potential strengths.

Other details: not much else to say about Slinx.

#3 Nov 22, 2009 6:53 PM

Nightfall
Website

OK, good. smile Just a few more characters and we can start.

#4 Nov 22, 2009 9:31 PM

Rurikredwolf
Birthday: 14 October
Website

Just in case no one looks at the character sheet

Name: Aurgal

Apperance: Blood red dragon with golden eyes, or if RP demands it, red eyes with black cat-like pupils and black horns. His apperance can range from normal to...unusual, to put it mildly. This is caused by his 'corruption', which will be explained in his background. He is a bit small for his age (if he is in his 16 year old form), but is still growing. His tail ends in two spikes, with one curving up like a hook while the other one is at the tip of his tail, ending with a sharp point that he could use to stab. His wings are medium sized with black membranes. On his forehead above his left eye is a small but deep scar that he got in a fight (RP depending, he has a scar that covers his entire left shoulder). A thing that sets him apart from anyone else is that he has a metal front right limb, as well as the back of his neck. (Chacnes are he keeps them hidden from fake scales.) He also has the draconic equivilent of a runner's body..

Personality: Arrogant and selfish to others, but he can also be quiet and a bit supportive, as well as protective, of those close to him (Though he tries to keep his emotional side hidden.) As he is socially awkward, he generally just tries to make others get away from him unless he has something to say to them. He is quick to anger.

Background: Aurgal...never really fit in with other dragons his age, no matter how much he tried. So, realizing that he could never fit in, he turned into a street fighter and fought and generally beat anyone who *Bleep* him off. However, that backfired on him one time when he was 13 and nearly killed, but as he was dying, he blanked out and apperared in front of his house, barely able to stand. He had no way of explaining it, though when he bothered to find out what had happened to the ones who nearly killed him, he found out that they were torn to shreds. Nothing really happened for three years until his home city was attacked and he was nearly blown up, resulting in the loss of his limb and 75% of neck. Now, after his death, he has been subjected to some sort of corruption brought on becuase of his demonic blood (1/6th demon). However, only he and his twin sister, Aura, and a selected few know of this. Recently, they have been trying to find a cure for their....convulsions....though it seems far-fetched.

Powers: Before his death, he was a normal fire dragon. However, after his death, he was also infused with shadow from his demonic blood, making him able to use Shadowflame. He is capable for holding his own in a fight and is able to channel to raw power from his demonic blood to attacks, granting him powers above normal.

Weaknesses: However, with that power comes a drawback. If he uses too much power, he looses all control and turns into a blood-thirsty creature and will proceed to attack and kill anyone and anything that moves around him. Plus, if he again uses the power too much, he will transform into a less stable dragon who's power is off the radar due to him not being able to control it. If he reaches his final corrupted stage, he has 24 hours to live before a meltdown occurs and he is incinerated...along with anythign else around him. In addition, his neck guards a gem that if it is struck hard enough...he instantly dies. If it is shaken, he becomes paralyzed or looses his ability to speak.

--

Name: Aura

Apperance: As she is the twin of Aurgal, her apperance is exactly the same as Aurgal. However, she is more slender than him.

Personality: Imagine someone with terrets and AD/HD and add a bit of sugar...and you get Aura's personality. She is very, very hyper and can't always control what she is saying. She has to keep in motion most of the time and cannot sit or lay down for hours if she is hyper. However, she is also logical and kind, offering aid to those in need and figuring out puzzles. She does get a bit impatient at times, but that is mostly becuase she is getting sick of her brother acting the way he is.

Background: Unlike Aurgal, she fit in reasonably well and didn't turn to fighting. However, she and her friend, Emerald, nursed Aurgal back to health after he nearly died. Three years later, she was devistated after seeing her brother die in front of her, though she put some of her life-force into the gem that would keep Aurgal alive. It has been hinted that somethign happened to her that day as well, but she always avoids that subject. Like her twin, she also has demonic blood in her and is trying to find a cure with him.

Powers: Basically the same as Aurgal, as they are connected due to their sibling bonds. However, unlike Aurgal, she has a bit more control over her power.

Weaknesses: Again, basically the same as Aurgal except you can hit her in the neck and she won't die. However, she is always stunned when she is hit in the chest above her heart...but to why, she has never revealed, not even to her brother.

--

Note: When one twin actives their powers, the other twin is affected by it. So if one transforms, the other will as well, no matter how far they are away. They are unseperatable, so if you see one twin, chances are the other is nearby.

#5 Nov 22, 2009 9:35 PM

Nightfall
Website

#6 Nov 22, 2009 10:16 PM

darkshadow

Can i join ?

Name:darkshadow

Element(s)s:Fire and shadow

Personality:He is quiet and aggressive to people he doesn't no         

Background:Trained from a child by hes mom and dad to fight as thy were great warriors until a raid came upon them hes mom and dad died darkshadow escaped and now plains to avenge hes parents

Strengths:immune to shadow attacks can use shadow bolts and fire bolts       

Weakness:Water ice and tight spaces

Appearance:Scales dark purple mixed with black has no horns and has dark purple eyes   

Other info:Wears silver armor most of the time

Im kinda new to RPG so sorry if im doing something wrong

#7 Nov 22, 2009 11:31 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

You gave us nothing for his apperance. He seems like a cliche 'zomg my parents are dead' type of character with little detail added into him. Revise please.

(Sorry for taking over a bit, Saphira. I am what some call a critic.)

#8 Nov 23, 2009 7:37 AM

Brom the Wise

Well, I'll join in the fun. Let's see if a difrent species is allowed in the world of flying beasts...

Name: Falyadin

Age: no younger then 16, no older then 20 (He prefers to avoide givving out such pointless information)

Appearnce: Stands about 5' 11''. Jet black hair with deep green eyes and pale skin. Commonly dressed in a faded brown tunic, patched and worn leggings, leather boots, and a hood with cloak attached (used as a blanket and pillow for sleeping out in the wilderness or city streets)

Personality: "I gotta work for my coin. Just about any job I'll take, I'm not picky. Before you ask, I do have some job experence and some valuable skills. I don't make too much noise, too much mess, or too much fuss. There aint' a lock I can't pick, a building I can't get in, and a mess I can't get out. IF you have alot of gold and someone who needs to be removed, Ill take care of that special someone, you might even get lucky, if it's someone I was gonna knife anyways, I'll give you a discount."

Backround: Ask him yourself... and be prepered for a few (hundred) lies

Powers: He's sneaky, to say the least. He also knows how to read others, and tell a good story around a campfire

Weaknesses: Apart from being human? He doen't like spiders and being caught of fire.

#9 Nov 23, 2009 6:06 PM

Nightfall
Website

@ Rurik: Ha! It's OK, I'm a bit like that too.

@ darkshadow: Yes you can join as long as you put more detail into his personality, and give a description of his appearance. And be more careful with grammar. wink

@ Brom: Nice! A human character will be more interesting. smile

#10 Nov 23, 2009 7:40 PM

Karmadragon

OOC: Can i have a human and a dragon?
Name: Buck
Personality: The silent type.
Background: Has never said, but it's still haunts him
Appearance: About 6'3", has deep black hair that covers his dark emerald eyes, wears a torn leather jacket, with a gray shirt underneath. Has a dark brown belt that hangs loosey and black trousers that a torn near the bottom of them and dark brown boots.
Strengths: Great with hand to hand combat and skilled with a blade.
Weaknesses: Everything human.
Other details: Carries his trusty black blade. It has never left his sight. Also can talk telepathically if needed.

Name: Jun
Element(s): Fire
Personality: Obedient, acts how she is told.
Background: An egg bought by Buck as a pet. She was trained by him to be under his control. She learnt how to use logic and can make an option without pondering. she barely talks to anyone not even Buck.
Appearance: Fire red scales with a orange underbelly. Her horns and shorter then the average dragon and are a light yellow. Her eyes are dark sapphire blue.
Strengths: Anything with fire.
Weaknesses: Water and ice also loud noises.
Other details: Can talk to Buck telepathically.

OOC: Ok i changed the details.

Welcome to Rapture

#11 Nov 23, 2009 8:00 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

Again, the same thing; what do they look like?

#12 Nov 23, 2009 9:06 PM

Nightfall
Website

Eh, we might as well start soon - we have enough characters to begin. But Karma, like Rurik said, could you give some details on what they look like please? smile

OK then who's gonna start?

#13 Nov 23, 2009 9:13 PM

Brom the Wise

Rule of thumb, the creator starts, we all join in at the most... entertaining time.

Meaning, you get first post

#14 Nov 23, 2009 9:26 PM

Nightfall
Website

#15 Nov 23, 2009 9:37 PM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#16 Nov 23, 2009 9:41 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(My characters are really nomads so they can be encountered if one bumps into them or gives me an entrance.)

#17 Nov 23, 2009 10:12 PM

Nightfall
Website

((OOC: @ X-Link - That's good. smile Sounds like an interesting character. 

@ Rurik: So you mean that they'll just do their own thing until other characters arrive on the scene?))

#18 Nov 23, 2009 10:33 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(More or less. I doubt they'll care too much about what is going  on for the begining as well.)

#19 Nov 23, 2009 10:35 PM

Brom the Wise

"Where to go waste my gold first?" was the question the plauged Faly's mind. "Should I get my  fill of ale and tease the barmaids? Could swing by the cells and bail out a few of the poor sods rotting away in there, greatest way to buy loyality."
     The young man had a spring in his step and a twinkle in his eye. He had just completed a contract givven to him by a very generous benefactor. He relived and savored the moents of his trimuph in his head.
     "Gave me a simple "go here and steal this" job, wanted me to pick up a few lovely trinkets. The place wasn't even locked! What kind of idiot leaves his place unlocked in broad daylight? Even better, the stupid trinkets were all just laying out of a table, the ring, the necklace, and the earing. Pretty things they were, but not at the price that I was getting to payed to steal them. In any case, I brought them back to my genorus employer and he payed me the other 1/2 of my cut... then I pickpocketed them back from him!"
     The theif smiled to himself as he entered a pub, "now I have the jewlery and the gold. Life is good" he thoughty as he took a flagon of ale and sat himself at a table.
     Faly sat for a time, siping his brew and relishing his  bit of thevery. Then he grew bored of this lazy pursuit and left the pub, not noticing the pair of dragons in the corner.

#20 Nov 23, 2009 10:39 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(Pair as in who?)

#21 Nov 23, 2009 10:43 PM

Brom the Wise

(pair as in whoever wants to stick there charaters there, or just a random pair of dragons who have no involvement in the story, this is a town of mixed species after all)

#22 Nov 23, 2009 11:05 PM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(I guess I'll steal this opening.)

"Jeez, I never thought I'd see the day you'd read a map, Aurgal." A red dragoness with black horns said, looking at a male who was staring intensely at a map as if it would solve all of his problems. The male was an exact mirror image except for the scar across his forehead above his eye and that he didn't have three claw-like scars on his left shoulder; rather, his entire left shoulder was covered in scar tissue.

"Congradulations, you made it that far." He said uncaringly.

"No need to be so rude." The dragoness, Aura, said.

"Then stop pointing things out like that."

"Oh look, you're reading a map!"

"..."

#23 Nov 23, 2009 11:25 PM

darkshadow

"How long will we be safe here darkshadow thought to himself laying on the grass"

#24 Nov 23, 2009 11:56 PM

Brom the Wise

The theif blinked, and slowly rotated in the doorway to the tavern.

"Map?", he thought to himself, "Sounds important...well... not really, but im shure they would me a bit upset if it dissapeared, upset enough to pay for it's return?"

Faly made his way through the aalmost deserted pub once again, sat in a stool, and peered over at the 2 dragons. His lip curled with distain, "Scalys, filthy beasts. Cant trust something that kill you within a second. Horrid beasts should be purged..."

He continued to inspect the pair. The red one he guessed was female from the shrillness of her voice, she did have a bit of raw charm to her. Her posture told Faly that she was both proud and... sporatic? The other one, larger of the two, sat in a huntched posision, as hideing something. Hideing something physical, an injury or malidy... faly wondered if dragons could catch leprecee, but wouldn't that be much more aparent? He put those thoughts out of his mind and continued to easedrop of the two dragons.

#25 Nov 24, 2009 1:43 AM

Rurikredwolf
Website

(Never did describe their sitting postitions but...and he isn't much taller than his sister, and she doesn't sound shrill. Maybe it is becuase that is how they sound to humans, but..to others, she does not.

Just an FYI, I despise it when peopel take control over my characters.)

"...That's it." Aurgal said.

"That was quick." His sister commented, looking at it without pointing.

"Ten years and it is finally paying off."

"I can't wait to get rid of this..."

Board footer