Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#26 Oct 29, 2009 10:06 PM

Nightfall
Gems: 0
Birthday: 26 August
Website

Re: The Eye of the Storm

Soaring at a safe distance above the flames, Ophelia unleashed an icy blanket of cold air onto the houses. Villagers fled in terror from her shadow, but she knew there wasn't time to explain she wasn't a threat.

#27 Oct 30, 2009 7:48 AM

Apoc
Birthday: 18 June

(My interet is slow and I'm almost out of airtime)

Nathan got up.

"Another fire? The dragons hunters are out, Ophelia!"

Ignoring his injury he grabbed his weapon and leapt out the window

#28 Oct 30, 2009 9:01 AM

Karmadragon

OOC: Thank you Aceedwin *bows*

"Uggh" Mitch said waking up slowly. His eyes opened slowly then closed rapidly, the smoke hurt his eyes.  "Ahh." he muttered rubbing his eyes. Slowly his hearing came and heard screaming and running. The strength came out of nowhere. Mitch stood up and took a deep breath and ran out of the ruined hut he had been staying in.  He stood still and glared quickly around the area. A sound came screeching down.  He turned slowly and then a large explosion hit the hut. It erupted, sending dust, derby in all areas. Mitch covered his eyes. The screaming soon increased as a group of dragon ran as a few chased them. Mitch quickly turned again and ran with them. "Move!" He yelled. He blew a ice wall to slowly them down. "Keep going"" he yelled trying to rally them. He looked at the sky. He couldn’t see much but saw a glint of white. He smiled lightly. "At least I’m not alone." he muttered. A loud crashing sound was heard. He quickly darted his eyes to see the dragons chasing the others had broken though. Mitch gulped and ran backward to get the crowed moving. "Move!" he yelled again. Fire begin to fall around him as the buildings where soon erupted to ash and dust. "Move, Where all most there!" he added as the Villagers screamed. Mitch made a large ice wall to hold off the dragon. The villagers ran into the smoke. Mitch knew he couldn't stay here much longer. He reinforced the ice wall with my ice then stretched his wings and took off into the smoke. At a safe high he saw then the whole town was alight.

Welcome to Rapture

#29 Oct 30, 2009 9:36 AM

MrXLink
Gems: -92
Birthday: 18 November

An eye-blinding flash appeared just next to the village. Zephyr arrived at exactly the same moment he left. He looked around; villagers, Dragons, running everywhere, crying and screaming for help. "What in the world has happened?" he asked a random Dragon. "We don't know!" he replied. "All we can do is panic!". "Oh c'mon!" Zephyr thought. "If there's something you mustn't do it's panicing." "You, get all inhabitants together and move to a safe place." he told the villager. "No one must panic, remain silent, or else you'll be all dead!" "I'll look for the cause of this fire." He flew away, searching for (probarbly) bandits who had lit the fire.

Aim high in life but watch out for Flying Boxes

#30 Oct 30, 2009 9:54 AM

Aceedwin

Mull frowned. It was problematic, definitely. She couldn't tell native from bandit, mainly because the aggresive charge of an attacker was very similiar to a terrified fleeing of desperate survivors. As she ran at a steady pace to where the feet mere most prominent, she wondered why the dragons were here. Their behaviour hardly matched that of normal bandits. Clever bandits never actually destroyed villages. Destroy a village and its gone. Steal its crop and leave it alone, you can come back in a few years. There was the question of stupid bandits, but nowadays, stupid bandits had the life expectancy of mayflies.

She noticed a large ice wall, and the bandits hounded it angrily. Why didn't they fly? Some of the survivors were taking flight, undoubtedly the smarter ones, but the bandits made no attempt to harrass them. Mull shook her head and put the thoughts out of her mind. While she was being paranoid, they were adding to the structual damage by blowing up anything more than a metre high. Using the smoke to gain a quick lift-off, she flew above the dragons, and fell once more into a circle dive.

The shockwave attack, availiable to earth dragons, was fairly simple. First you needed to create a shockwave naturally, by hitting the ground, and then amplify it with magic. If you got a really good jump, it would send the surrounding enemies flying off. And while Mull had never been good at many techiques, she'd just fallen two-hundred metres. A look of surprise was pasted on the faces of most of the bandits, generally the surprise ofthe entire world turning ninety degrees on a whim.

#31 Oct 30, 2009 10:18 AM

Karmadragon

(( Can i ask Is this a RP that we wait for the others to post so they don't get left behind? ))

Welcome to Rapture

#32 Oct 30, 2009 10:25 AM

Aceedwin

OOC: Remember to put out of character posts in OOC or (()).
I'd rather we didn't post more than two pages without one person contributed, but other than that sort of extreme, no. So I think we can get to the end of this page before we stop to wait for anyone.

#33 Oct 30, 2009 10:30 AM

Karmadragon

(( Ok, Just had to make sure. it seem a logical question to ask anyway. Also I Apologize  for not using the Brackets. ))

Welcome to Rapture

#34 Oct 30, 2009 12:18 PM

Nightfall
Website

#35 Oct 30, 2009 2:37 PM

MrXLink

Zephyr saw the ice wall and the 2 Dragons. Bandits struggling behind the wall. Still, homes were burning down, and no one did something about it. He landed next to Ophelia. "I'm Zephyr, and I'm ready for battle." He said, while he took his silver sword from the sheath on his back. "But the bandits must have been foolish indeed. I bet this is some kind of a trap."

#36 Oct 30, 2009 3:03 PM

Aceedwin

Mull rubbed her neck. She hadn't hardened herself enough really. She'd been distracted, what with the destruction, the thought that diving into the middle of a group of enemies wasn't clever, and the sight of the upcoming ground. She'd definitely knocked out the ones attacking the wall, but (she hated "but", it always made complaints but never suggestions) how many had actually been there? She looked round, taking a count of the bodies lying in awkward, and in one case, medically impossible, poses. There were about eight. She realised just what would have happened if one had looked up. If one had dived to the side. If one was standing behind her right now. There wasn't one, but she felt very creeped out anyway.

Regardless, you can't attack a village with just eight men. You needed around twenty to make a clean sweep of it, but they could probably manage with fifteen... At that point, she noticed the vague images of battle-ready dragons on the other side of the ice. Oh bugger, she thought, as she pummeled at the wall.

#37 Oct 30, 2009 4:21 PM

Nightfall
Website

"Good to meet you Zephyr, I'm Ophelia." She said to the new arrival. "Do you know who's behind this?"

At that instant, an enemy leapt onto her back and sunk it's teeth into her neck. Rearing and howling in agony, she managed to turn her head and grab hold of her attacker. She flung him away and staggered, dazed by her injury.

She glanced around. Houses were falling all around her and the number of lifeless bodies were building up, and most of them belonged to innocent villagers.

She had seen enough. She turned to Mitch. "Do you think you would be able to extinguish the flames from above?"

((OOC: Come on guys. We need to keep this RPG alive. Where are you?))

#38 Oct 31, 2009 10:04 AM

Apoc

Nathan was hit by a rock and he fell to the ground. He got up and was tackled by two dragons, he was injured so he battled to defend himself.

#39 Oct 31, 2009 10:29 AM

Aceedwin

After a few attempts, Mull finally fractured the ice wall. She rammed it again, this time cracking it. She took a few steps back, sprinted at the wall, and crashed through. It would have been an impressive entrance if she hadn't flipped a few dozen degrees too far, and landed on her face. She'd hardened her skin, but her pride was still hurt. Still, if she had her way, noone who saw it would live to tell, she reflected as she dizzily righted herself. She noticed that both of the people who had watched her weren't bandits.
'So much for my reputation," she muttered as she looked around. One dragon was trying to fight off another two. Mull wasn't exactly "little miss respectable", but she knew an excuse for *bleep*-whupping when she saw one. She grabbed one of the atackers by the shoulders and headbutted him rather firmly on the forehead.

OOC: So now Mull has just crashed through the ice wall beside you lot, albeit with a less than snazzy entrance. I expect the bandits will be starting to withdraw about now.

#40 Oct 31, 2009 12:44 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia roared and grabbed a bandit by the neck. After an aggressive shake and a loud *snap* he was dead. She tossed him at a small group of bandits and sent them flying.

She tried to moisten her mouth with her tongue as best she could. She looked around and couldn't help but see that there were a lot less bandits that before.

"I think they're beginning to retreat!" She called to her companions. "If you can, start searching for those in hiding and any remaining survivors." At that moment the large ice wall shattered. Fearing an enemy was going to attack, she crouched ready, and snarled threateningly. It was then that a large, dark green dragon landed roughly in front of her.

Ophelia stood up and attended to the fallen dragon. "Are you OK?"

#41 Oct 31, 2009 1:06 PM

MrXLink

Zephyr smiled. He got his silver sword and rushed towards some of the bandits. He cut through their armor as a hot knife through butter. "Iron" Zephyr said "Amateurs..." He realized the enemy was retreating. He tried to kill as many of them as possible, untill he felt extremely much pain.

He looked around, and saw the bandits with a machine-like thing. A kind of crane with a razor-sharp stone connected to it. It had just hit his arm. Althoug this stone could easily fit in a pocket, it could make very deep wounds. Zephyr threw 2 daggers. One hit the rope that held the black stone and the other one hit a bandit, who died within 5 seconds. "Thank you kindly" He shouted. He had a black stone, he killed 3 bandits, but ouch, that wound sure hurts. This was probarbly the last attempt of the bandits. they were fleeing now.

#42 Oct 31, 2009 1:08 PM

Aceedwin

"You ever tell anyone that ever happened, I will wring your neck till you could use it as a straw." Mull grumbled half-heartedly. She straightened up and nodded her head approvingly. The bandits were indeed retreating. She turned to the dragon who'd been rather patronising, "Did you see any of them carrying anything? I mean, bandits don't just attack a village for the hell of it, they do it because they want something the town has. These guys are either really rubbish bandits, or something else." Mull realised she was monolouging. It was so easy to forget you were having a conversation sometimes.

#43 Oct 31, 2009 1:17 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia stared at the dragon, surprised by her remark. "Oh. OK, I-I won't tell." She examined her rugged body. "You're not hurt are you?"

((Mull asks her the question in the previous post)) "I'm not sure. But you're right, there must be something here." She quickly examined the fleeing bandits, as Mitch and Zephyr attacked them. She turned back to the green dragon. "I'm Ophelia. Do you know who these thugs are?"

#44 Oct 31, 2009 1:32 PM

Aceedwin

"Not a clue. But I know this village, and it's got nothing special. No special produce, no antique weaponry or armour. It's just a town whose inhabitants cling to life. They're only defence is that noone can be bothered to attack them." Mull thought for a moment, "What's your conclusion, Ophelia?" She remarked.

#45 Oct 31, 2009 1:39 PM

Nightfall
Website

Ophelia thought for a moment. "...Perhaps this is some sort of revenge attack. Maybe they have done something to upset the enemy." She examined the area quickly. "This is a poor village. Perhaps they stole something. But would that trigger a reaction like this?" She solemnly looked at the bodies of innocent villagers.

She turned to the green dragon. "Did I get your name?"

#46 Oct 31, 2009 1:52 PM

Aceedwin

"No, you didn't." With that, Mull made a bounding launch into the air, following the not-bandits who were now in full flight. She wanted to know where these bandits would go back to. She kept low, so that the grass gave her some light camoflauge. She stayed far to the rear anyway, a little more than a hundred metres behind. Somehow, she wasn't expecting these lot to retreat to an old castle or a shoddy camp.

#47 Oct 31, 2009 3:11 PM

Karmadragon

Mitch had been quiet for ages. He watched the others talk and he crept away. Now Mitch was a traveler but he liked being called a Ranger. He went into a house and saw a family who had died. He bit his lips and walked to the bodies. "Pity" he muttered. He then turned to a fire proof lock box. Ash covered it completely. Mitch looked at it and blew ice over it. It split due to the sudden coldness. He saw some daggers and a pile of small coins. He took of his pouch and put the daggers in and the coins in it. He smirked. Then a beam fell above and crushed where the box was. Mitch turned and crept back to the rest of the dragons. He acted like he hadn't moved. "Shame about his place." He muttered watching the fire burning in the house he had just thieved.

Welcome to Rapture

#48 Oct 31, 2009 3:37 PM

MrXLink

"If they wanted to take over a village, why would they attack such a small, poor village like this?" Zephyr groaned. "It's like... It just feels like this is a kind of trap. Maybe... they lured us to here... maybe this was part of their plan." Ignoring his pain, he looked around. "What do bandits want? They want power and treasure, of course. But where can they find lots of treasure?

#49 Oct 31, 2009 3:39 PM

Apoc

Nathan got up and shook the dirt off himself. He saw Ophelia and walked over to her.

"Hello again."

#50 Oct 31, 2009 4:02 PM

Karmadragon

Mitch looked at Zephyr and walked over to him. "It is pretty simple, they want power and treasure as you said by they have a way to do it. Terror. If the destroy a village that scares others to pay not to. Then the bandits would then have money then to buy other the villages then they would have power." He said, as he finished he put down his pouch. "You seem to be hurt, want to get patched up?" he asked Zephyr.

Welcome to Rapture

Board footer