Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 16, 2006 6:55 AM

devonm0
Gems: 0

Not sure what to call it

There are two kinds of people in the world.  We have those who need a life, and then we have those who are dead already.

#2 Dec 18, 2006 11:32 PM

ontels

Re: Not sure what to call it

COOL id defntly want to play this game

wink

#3 Dec 19, 2006 1:09 AM

devonm0

Yes, but as I said, I unfortunately don't have the resources to make it.  Do you think I should see if Krome Studios would take this as an idea for an official game, or would that be a bad idea?

There are two kinds of people in the world.  We have those who need a life, and then we have those who are dead already.

#4 Dec 19, 2006 4:18 PM

ontels

DEFINTLY and if they dont like it SCREW THEM Im shure someone here would give it a shot(not me like you I cant make a game)

wink

#5 Dec 23, 2006 5:55 AM

devonm0

#6 Dec 23, 2006 9:58 AM

ontels

cool as always

wink

#7 Dec 23, 2006 5:08 PM

Shyro

it sound awesome you really should get it make, but sadly i don't know how to make it myself  sad

#8 Dec 23, 2006 5:48 PM

Zerodius

Shipping theories! Loads of fan characters there for no reason! Attempts to mold the canon into something else entirely!

Most of all... ABSOLUTELY NO GAMEPLAY INFO AT ALL.

The story isn't worth anything without gameplay... not that this story would even have a theorical chance of being featured in a canon Spyro game for the reasons mentionned above.

So, all in all: You have failed in making a believable game idea. Try again.

This is more of a fanfiction than anything else (which isn't that bad of a fact... but if it's a game that you want, it's no good). Also, get some sprite rips (or better: if you can, make them), learn some programmation language/get a game making program and then, go nuts. You'll feel a lot better and actually get closer to your goal at the same time.

Posting your game's script on the internet and whining about being never able to make it will lead you nowhere.

NOTE: I would also like to add that begging people to make your game is extremely stupid and as a general rule, frowned upon as well as give you a bad reputation. I suggest you stop doing this as although myself and the two other users who posted on this thread seems to tolwrate it, this isn't the case for the other 99% people on the internet out there.

#9 Dec 23, 2006 6:55 PM

Klone
Website

Please Zerodius, explain to us who on earth you are.

#10 Dec 23, 2006 7:37 PM

Zerodius

I didn't knew that disagreeing with someone was not allowed.

I believe that I am allowed not to hail every single piece of script thrown at people and to believe that the author of this thread seems to be putting far more effort into doing what seems to be a fanfic rather than a game (which is, if I'm not mistaken, the author's original intent).

But then, I have already stated my opinion so I guess that posting in this thread is no longer needed. If you want to argue with me then do it via PM.

#11 Dec 23, 2006 8:28 PM

ontels

please find somone to make it dont listen to SOME peopul <_< I realy want to play this game

wink

#12 Dec 23, 2006 10:09 PM

devonm0

#13 Dec 25, 2006 4:16 AM

jamieque

Hi devonm0, I think your idea is good enough for a game treatment. You have your work cut out for you. I would gladly help you with this project of yours but as you know I am extremely busy working on the first LOA film, games and the two, soon to be three, ongoing written series. My time is extremely limited on that front however if I can't get ahead in my own projects then I will try to assist you. Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas to you and everyone else here.

Oh, Spyrorocks, I am sorry but the website won't be online until January. I am just too busy working on the film and various other projects to get it up right now. I however will be uploading the first 2 episodes of season two of Dragon of Destiny tomorrow. They are shorter episodes then last seasons but then again with the work on the film shifting to high gear my time to work on longer episodes is nonexistent. I will keep writing new episodes for both Spyro: Dragon of Destiny: Invasion and and the futuristic spin-off Vanguardian Heroes: Team Skyler over the next few months. I will soon have the script for the film up for you guys to read. I am taking my time to do the script well. I have written scripts before and I do have the necessary software for this. The first film trailer will appear as animated gif that will be in storyboard form.

#14 Dec 25, 2006 6:29 PM

devonm0

I realize that I have my work cut out for me, expecially considering the the genre I am hoping the game to be.  I am hoping to have it turn out as an Action RPG (an RPG without battle sequences), but it might not turn out that way.  Anyway, I have a lot of work ahead of me just for the basics of the game.

I've put a lot of thought into this, and I hope I can get the attention of someone, if I can't get assistance from the people of this forum.  I have high hopes for this project of mine, and I'll be sticking to it.  To anyone who cares, I'm also trying to make a fanfiction version.  Finally, I may take my fan characters out of the game version, but only if I get suggestions to do that.  I'll find a way around it if it comes to that.

#15 Dec 25, 2006 6:34 PM

ontels

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO dont do that there cool

wink

#16 Dec 26, 2006 8:19 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

#17 Dec 27, 2006 7:11 PM

devonm0

No, I don't have a PSP, unfortunately.  Is there anyway else I can use LUA?

#18 Dec 27, 2006 9:40 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Gems: 4
Website

Well, no where else thes actually useable.

#19 Mar 10, 2007 6:50 AM

devonm0

Sorry to revive a dead topic, but I just wanted to tell all who care that I have recieved permission from Krome to send them information about my game for them to look at.  Also, I have made a final decision to only include the appearances of pre-made Spyro characters.  Yes, I took out my fan characters, and am working on setting up the ground work in text form (things like area descriptions etc.)  Again, sorry for reviving this dead topic.

#20 Mar 11, 2007 12:16 AM

Cynder is cute

#21 Mar 11, 2007 12:35 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

What game are you talking about? I'm confused.

#22 Mar 11, 2007 12:46 AM

Cynder is cute

The game that was made up,didint you just read?

#23 Mar 11, 2007 1:03 AM

Stormy
Administrator
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

Actually, no, I didn't. I only read the introduction.... -_-

#24 Mar 11, 2007 1:11 AM

Cynder is cute

Oh......................................ok then roll

#25 Mar 11, 2007 4:04 AM

devonm0

I've actually been modifying the script a bit, partially to support the removal of my fan-characters (actually, to be honest, some of my fan characters, including two new ones, are still in the project).  I simply hope that Krome agrees to use this idea at some point.  Also, I'm thinking of adding and enhancing the Level-up upgrade system from A New Beginning.  Anyone think this is a good idea?

Board footer