You are not logged in.

#1 Mar 21, 2017 6:00 PM

supercoupe91
Gems: 271
Birthday: 18 July

What other console could've best pulled off classic Spyro?

Spyro was a technical marvel back in the day and perfectly optimized the hardware of the original PlayStation. What other console do you think could've best pulled off classic Spyro? I've seen the N64 brought up but there's no way that would work with its cartridge limitations. The easy answer might be the PS2 but I think its graphic style is just too different to have the same charm and we would get a game that looks similar to "Enter the Dragonfly." Same goes for the Xbox and Gamecube. The Saturn was more known as a 2D powerhouse and a bit weaker in the 3D department which leads me to believe the game would've had issues on that console. My vote goes to the Dreamcast. Yes it is more powerful than the PS1 and would be pushing more polygons but I think the graphics would still be blocky enough to maintain the feel of the original games. I have a feeling most people will still lean heavily towards the PS2 but I would like to hear your opinions on the subject.

"Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes."

#2 Apr 04, 2017 10:24 PM

PossessedStatue
Gems: 45
Website

Re: What other console could've best pulled off classic Spyro?

Dreamcast.

#3 Apr 05, 2017 1:54 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Gems: 0
Birthday: 1 November

Probably Sega Dreamcast

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#4 Jul 04, 2017 8:08 PM

FuturisticEggThief
Gems: 493

The Atari 2600

Board footer