Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Apr 05, 2007 1:33 AM

Iceboy84
Gems: 0
Website

Spyro Music CDs

Hello all, I'm a noob smile

What a great site this is, I thought the Spyro fan community was well dead. How wrong I was!

I've been a fan for around seven years now, and I'm a 22 year old male - guess thats kinda unusual but I don't care a bit smile

I saw a poll about the Spyro music on here, and thought I would share some information with you all. I have all of Stewart Copeland's Spyro scores in their 100% entirely on CD, including demo tracks and unused cues. I used to think Spyro 1 had the best music, until I sat and played my Enter The Dragonfly CDs through. This is without a doubt his best Spyro music to date, its incredible. So many different moods and levels that fit each of the levels' settings. The harmonicas and stuff on Honey Marsh is one example. Its made me realise how "samey" Spyro 1 tended to sound. His music definitiely matured over the series, and Enter The Dragonfly is a fitting swan song, its fantastic. I urge people to listen to the music on it's own and you will see how great it is.

I'm a filmmaker by way of trade, and a few years ago I made a music video of the snowy landscapes near to my home, and I set it to the Autumn Plains music. Would anyone like to see it?

Anyway great site, and its nice to be here!  big_smile

#2 Apr 05, 2007 1:39 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Re: Spyro Music CDs

Hey, Iceboy84! Let me be the first to welcome you to the forum.

I have honestly never really been "into" spyro music that much.

#3 Apr 05, 2007 4:05 AM

Cynder is cute

Sptro music eh? I dout there is a cd of it.(that woud be cool) I like the music alot. I think the Spyro ANB music was sad. I cried from it when the game was over. I was like What?! That was so short!

#4 Apr 05, 2007 4:54 AM

SamSam

#5 Apr 05, 2007 4:56 AM

Cynder is cute

Cool username Iceboy. And yes, I cried.( only one day)

#6 Apr 05, 2007 10:49 AM

Iceboy84
Website

Thanks for such a warm welcome. I can assure you there ARE Spyro CDs in existance.

As for my username, well.. the first person to tell me where its from gets um... a pat on the head from me! smile

#7 Apr 05, 2007 3:09 PM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

#8 Apr 05, 2007 3:13 PM

Iceboy84
Website

Thanks a lot. Its a pleasure to be amongst fans, Im the only one I know lol. Shame the quote tags dont seem to work though...

#9 Apr 05, 2007 3:15 PM

DanteAndVergil
Birthday: 4 April

every one here is a fan and will always welcome new members. back to the subject now

#10 Jun 19, 2007 8:18 PM

SpyroGirl101
Gems: 10
Birthday: 14 April
Website

Everyone here may be fans but, I am a FREAKING FANATIC of Spyro. He is the cutest dragon ever and the games are so fun! big_smile  big_smile  big_smile

#11 Jun 19, 2007 9:45 PM

LoneKnight
Website

Is your video uploaded online somewhere? And do you have the music to ANB?

#12 Jun 20, 2007 1:45 AM

Bee

You could record the music on a phone or a tape and then send it to your computer and make a CD out of it. Thats what I do.

#13 Jun 20, 2007 8:16 PM

ontels

show us your video I want to see it smile

wink

#14 Jun 20, 2007 9:32 PM

Rexy
Website

Bear in mind that this just got bumped several days ago. And the original post was in April. You could have at least left it alone. o_O

Though, thinking about Enter the Dragonfly, some of the tunes were okay at best but there were some that were either kinda forgettable (title song?) or had really rough sample execution (fight with Ripto - NEVER REMIX GULP'S OVERLOOK IN THAT FASHION AGAIN). I did like the credits track and dragon realms tracks at least, and now that you brought up Honey Marsh I got a good reminder from it - seems to fit his arrangement style from his Spyro 1 days, I give you that. By that I could probably see this as one of his better tracks on the soundtrack.

Board footer