Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#1 Dec 19, 2008 7:09 PM

gitgud101
Gems: 0

Please delete this post.

(old)

Last edited by gitgud101 (May 29, 2015 3:41 PM)

Admins, PLEASE deactivate this account or something. Got a lot of old crap on here I want gone.

#2 Dec 19, 2008 8:02 PM

Kazoobie64
Website

Re: Please delete this post.

#3 Dec 20, 2008 5:22 AM

ratchet
Website

Supposevly, Even know they look older and they were marketed as older, They weren't intended to look older.

#4 Dec 23, 2008 4:29 AM

BlazetheFireDragon

i'm kinda confused too. if they were meant to look older my answer is even though they were trapped in the crystal, they still matured. don't know how, but they did. yet it also makes sense that they're not supposed to be older since spyro and cynder were even smaller than the guardians in this game. did anyone else notice that?

My mind is like a lighting bolt. One brilliant flash, and then it's gone.

#5 Dec 23, 2008 5:54 AM

RedDragonX
Website

Nothing really to be confused about. The game was marketed with the idea that the two dragons had grown older and more mature..when in actuallity they didn't....if you look at the characters themselves and in reference to others...for example Spyro standing next to Ignituse..you can tell that they are still the same sizes that they were in the previous games.

So it is pretty safe to say that they were indeed frozen in time while in the crystal...and they didn't actually grow at all..the change in design presented by EL made it appear as if they were older...but had they made the two games before this or Krome had made the third one...things wouldn't have changed.

#6 Jan 10, 2009 2:41 AM

Cooleosis

Scientifically speaking, if a human, or dragon probably, was frozen solid ina coma like state that isnt below -180c, the body would go into a state of shock and die from pressure in about two months, depending on age.  Spyro is relatively young, so he should be dead. But, bypassing physics, Sierra comes in with that OMG IZ MAGYC excuse.

#7 Jan 10, 2009 2:53 AM

RedDragonX
Website

It's just a video game...but I didn't really see it as a freezing crystal of sorts...more like just one that froze their beings in time and contained them...nothing deadly about it....but it kept them the way they were for three years...without hurting them.

#8 Jan 12, 2009 7:58 AM

ratchet
Website

I don't think it was ice, It was some sort of unbreakable crystal and Spyro could stop time inside, including stopping inside himself. It's kinda weird how they survived all that stuff collapsing on them but broke when something just touched it....

So anyway, Yes, Even though they look older, and were marketed as being older, more grown up, they were never intended to look older.

#9 Jan 12, 2009 6:00 PM

TornWings

^Possible reasons for crystal breaking
-Dark energy from Malefor (assuming the monsters are his creation or something)
-Most of Spyro's energy used to hold off the collapsing mountain
-similar to the above, the crystal weakened over time as Spyro's energy diminished.

Oh great, my lighthouse is on fire again, be right back...

#10 Jan 12, 2009 11:28 PM

RedDragonX
Website

#11 Mar 03, 2009 11:28 PM

dragonball06
Birthday: 6 April

I've been confused about this ever since I first saw the opening scene...

The crystal was probably made of some unique material that is somewhat malleable, like how some of our elements are, and it reshaped itself internally as Spyro and Cynder grew.

Everyone has a purpose...
and everyone has a choice...

It's up to us to make the right one

#12 Mar 04, 2009 2:14 AM

RedDragonX
Website

I don't think they grew at all. Just the change in art style.

#13 Mar 12, 2009 11:47 PM

Razz
Website

Arg! It was just the change in art style! How many times do I have to say it? They did not physically grow at all. If they had, someone would have remarked upon it. If you paid any attention to the DotD site before they switched developers, you would have noticed that the "characters" section even showed off some of Krome's character designs, and guess what? Spyro and Cynder looked the same as they had in ANB and TEN.

Spyro and Cynder look older because EL changed the art style and that is literally the only reason.

#14 Mar 13, 2009 10:40 AM

Jackson117

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#15 Mar 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Jackson117

Statement: Love is what you get when you lock a target in your sights and watch as the targeting alines and the blaster

#16 Mar 13, 2009 10:41 AM

Jackson117

#17 Mar 13, 2009 6:52 PM

Razz
Website

Scientifically speaking, why are you bringing up science in a game that involves stopping time and controlling the elements? big_smile The game and the official word about that crystal state that it was a created with a time fury. Spyro and Cynder were frozen in time, not ice or stone (though both of those had a part to play in the formation of the crystal).

Board footer