Spyro Reborn

#2 Mar 06, 2007 5:04 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 4
Website

Re: Spyro Reborn

Im sorry to say, but that would be imposable. They only created 3 games, I don't even know if they would have a engine created for it.

#3 Mar 06, 2007 8:07 PM

LoneKnight
Gems: 0
Website

Excuse me? You cannot have a game without an engine. At my estimation there have been three engines built for Spyro at this point. Insomniac stuck to one, one was created for ANB, and the other was for Hero's Tail.

#4 Mar 06, 2007 8:48 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

not all games are created with an engine. Some of them are done by hand, you know.

As for getting the engine for any spyro game (Which would be pretty much impossable), it won't happen because they want to make money off of the games, and with a bunch of 3rd party games around, they would no longer make any money off of it. Unless they sold the engine, but even then spyro isnt in that much of a demand.

#5 Mar 09, 2007 9:21 AM

Zekira Drake

#6 Mar 09, 2007 8:59 PM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

Yeah, and also if you would like to loose your job and get sued, you could do that.

#7 Mar 16, 2007 12:38 AM

jamieque

Honestly, I wouldn't even bother with trying to get the old engine. It has already been discarded for much more updated version. The rights of who owns what is so *bleep* complicated that you would be better off making your own engine to do a Spyro game. That is what I am working on at the moment for the LOA: Heroes games. The original engine is so old as of now that you would literally have to either rebuild it or patch it to death to make it do what you want to do with it.

It just wouldn't work so if you have the time you may have to create your own engine. However, it is not easy to do. Be sure of what you want to do before you contribute that much work to it.

#8 Mar 16, 2007 2:25 AM

Spyrorocks
Administrator
Website

Well said, jamieque.

Board footer