Welcome to Spyro the Dragon Forums!

You are not logged in.

#126 Jan 08, 2010 5:19 AM

Saeth
Gems: 0

Re: Spyro: The Mirror Shards (fan game): Newest Update: 5/1/2010 - NEED IDEAS

... <_< platforms huh? Well, how about "near impossible to reach platforms". These kinds of platforms will be implemented into your game once you figure out how far, and fast Spyro can jump / glide. By making it near impossible you add that sense of "OMG that was close" or even a bit of classic platform challenge.

Another thing you could do is add two or more types of liquid: Clear, Goo, and Acid.

Clear: liquid that Spyro can swim through
Goo: Spyro cannot swim through and will sink, like quick sand or some other substances
Acid: Spyro can only swim through while invincible or equipped with something, other wise will burn him.

For level ideas... well that really depends on your story / objective. I can give you a random level but this will prove insufficient without a clear objective or walk through (scrapped to put it lightly)... regardless Ratchet, I would be more concern on your planning of this game then what to put in it. To clarify, what do you want Spyro to do, how will the player reach the end of each level, what is the win / loose condition... etc. Forget about levels if you need to and focus on core and basic fundamentals.

All in all be patient and diligent alright? Rome wasn't built in day y'know.

PS. Don't expect much from me ok? Personal life is enough of a headache as is <_< .

#127 Jan 09, 2010 2:42 AM

ratchet
Website

#128 Jan 10, 2010 8:48 AM

iSO

I might throw you some ideas, inspired by many people's posts, the surroundings that I'm feeling, or just for him. Maybe PM it.
What about a charge-proof container? It's the opposite of a flame-proof container. These might be served as an obstacle during the times Spyro does his running. XP Just throwing an idea to serve your brain with your other planned ideas. tongue

In my world, I believe that there are many, many ideas that are waiting to be created; by inspiration, renewing an old idea, or just by accident.

#129 Feb 16, 2017 10:16 AM

CrystalFissure
Website

Any updates tongue hahaha

Board footer