If you could combine 2 levels from the original trilogy

What levels would they be? elaborate on the combined level designs

Ahem... a small fee

#2 Dec 05, 2014 9:30 PM

LocoGuy107
Banned
Gems: 0

Re: If you could combine 2 levels from the original trilogy

I'd want it to be a combination of Spyro 2's Aquaria Towers and Spyro 3's Starfish Reef (Sparx scroller-shooter level). The level would be a greatly expanded oceanic reef, since I'm getting a bit tired of Aquaria Tower's industrial design, albeit the fact that the main path is really in a natural underwater cave (seriously, did those seahorse really build those things?). Of course, I also wouldn't want the surface of the water to be completely visible, so maybe the level will have to be in a glass dome. It can actually serve as a way to make sure the player doesn't go out of bounds. I'm thinking that we can also have coral reefs that look more like trees, and also make seaweed glow.

NPC friendlies will be mermaids. I think there should be a bigger fairy-tale tribute in today's games. Also, there be small, rug-scale manta ray-like creatures (mantalarks), spikey starfish, and something similar to those fish creatures from Spyro: A Hero's Tail, who will all be enemies.

A last thing I want to note is that I feel like there was a very small challenge with the underwater enemies. The Spyro underwater enemies either stood relatively still or moved in an extremely avoidable cycle. There was never an underwater enemy who would directly attack so fast that it would almost guarantee to hurt if you didn't counter-attack with a charge. The robo-sharks aren't even an exception; you get eaten instantly.

The mantalarks will actually attack fast, but slow enough to be avoidable and/or counter-attack-able. The starfish will fire an attack with a spike that'll, depending on the starfish's color, will shoot in straight directions or will follow Spyro for a few seconds before exploding. The fish creatures? I have nothing.

#3 Dec 06, 2014 8:48 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

Aquaria Towers and Dark Passage.

Dark Passage is a particularly complex level with all the jumps and glides and open spaces, and Aquaria Towers has the most water. plus i just think mixing the night background with swimming would work well. so kind of like Crystal Islands, but a lot more complex.

with Aquaria Towers, you had to just go through the level to find the buttons... maybe in this level, you'd have to get up higher to unlock each one, maybe have to go back down later for certain collectables, or have certain areas that are just standalone bodies of water or something that take you to different areas (like those swimming areas in Mystic Marsh).

you could also do something like Aquaria Towers that when you complete the level, you can swim through most of the level. like swimming in the air big_smile

an idea i have is that there could be an area at the *very* top that's like a "beach" sort of area which, first of all, would look really cool against the night background, and would just have a whole bunch of gems.

and there would have to be a way to glitch the level so you could swim in that, too. tongue

Last edited by 36IStillLikeSpyro36 (Dec 06, 2014 8:50 PM)

#4 Dec 15, 2015 3:51 PM

Shippythedragon

Alpine Ridge (Spyro 1) and Charmed Ridge (Spyro 3).

A wise dragon once told me "Aim high in life but watch out for flying boxes"

#5 Dec 15, 2015 10:41 PM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Dark Passage and Wizard Peak

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#6 Dec 16, 2015 6:46 AM

Bitmap
Birthday: 14 March

Hurricos (Spyro 2) and Molten Crater (Spyro 3)

#7 Dec 19, 2015 10:38 PM

kingwyatt95
Gems: 9
Birthday: 18 June

agent 9's lab and thieves den idk it kind of cool

Fired up for victory

#8 Sep 20, 2016 9:22 PM

FuturisticEggThief
Gems: 493

I actually have multiple ideas for merging levels together. Like Town Square and Terrence Village, or Midnight Mountain Home and Dark Passage, or even Twilight Harbor and Metropolis! I even have names for them, like Terrence Town, Midnight Passage, and Metro Harbor respectably!

#9 Sep 21, 2016 2:00 AM

EricChristianOlsenFanatic
Birthday: 1 November

Dark Passage and Gnasty's Loot

I have changed my username from Justin Long Fanatic to EricChristianOlsenFanatic, so Justin Long Fanatic is my old name on this site, and EricChristianOlsenFanatic is my new one.

#10 Oct 13, 2016 7:12 AM

supercoupe91
Gems: 271
Birthday: 18 July

How about "Night Flight" and "Fireworks Factory" so we can fight flying ninjas?

"Aim high in life, but watch out for flying boxes."

#11 Oct 13, 2016 5:34 PM

36IStillLikeSpyro36
Award: Globmod
Gems: -4,018
Website

^ that would be cool!

i just thought of another one... i think it'd be interesting to combine one of the speedways and one of the water levels. we never had an underwater speedway level.

#12 Oct 13, 2016 7:44 PM

Stormy
Administrator
Award: Admin
Gems: 540
Birthday: 3 April
Website

At first I was thinking about how hard that would be with the swimming mechanics, but in a water vehicle of some kind that could work really well. Like Hunter's manta ray or the submarine.

Board footer